• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Found a shiny Zigzagoon while EV training in Alpha Sapphire a few days ago.

This had to be the shortest Masuda run I've ever done: Egg number 132 hatched into my brand spanking new shiny Tyrunt. He's got 5IVs--missing Special Attack but big whoop--and I named him Grimlock. Since that went so fast, I'm switching gears to Pawniard and hope to hatch a shiny female--she'll be called Lyuze--and afterwards I'll go after two shiny Golett, one with Iron Fist and the other with No Guard. Wish me luck on this!

I have been trying to find a shiny wurmple in a horde. It has a 60% encounter rate, so I figured it wouldn't be a problem. So far I've found three shiny zigzagoon hordes and get this, two Shroomish hordes. Shroomish has a 5% encounter rate and I get two of them. Seriously?

So, I was running through the tall grass patch towards my secret base, which is almost next to Meteor Falls. Then, suddenly an olive-green ghost appears with blingblings and high-pitched angsty cry. Obviously she's sad, lonely and brave enough to be a special snowflake, so I decide to take her with me. After a long struggle with bad catch rates and being worried about making her faint, I got a shiny Misdreavus! She'll become a contest star, eventually! :)

Caught a shiny Landorus, Jolly nature (my Synchronizer did work!). Now one step closer to completing my legendary shiny collection.

EDIT: Just 2 days after Landorus, and I've got a shiny Azelf. That's what I call lucky!

Last edited:
Simply to avoid slamming my head into a wall, I'm taking a break from hatching eggs to running around my Friend Safaris. Gonna see if I can find a shiny in there in a timely manner. After that it will be back to the egg hatching grind. (I swear to Primus, if that shiny Pawniard hatches as a male I will scream.)

Still looking for a shiny Charmeleon. Its been a week and a half since I've started. In that time I've found two Magmar, a growlithe and a butterfree. But not what I want.

Spent a week and a half looking for shiny charmeleon. Spent 10 minutes this morning to find a shiny Kakuna.

I got a shiny Ralts on WT. It is Adamant, has perfect IVs in everything except Special attack, and it knows Shadow Sneak. The little hatchling is all ready to be a Gallade!!

It is a she.

Last edited:
Shiny torchick by wt, shiny solosis by random encounter, and shiny boldore and onix in safari just this week!

I got a shiny Ralts on WT. It is Adamant, has perfect IVs in everything except Special attack, and it knows Shadow Sneak. The little hatchling is all ready to be a Gallade!!

It is a she.
Ouch.

Had a similar experience last night, as I finally hatched my shiny Pawniard.... and it was a freaking male. I wanted a female, slag it all! But since I already have a female from a Friend Safari, I decided to call it good. (His name is Kyashan, as my 3DS won't let me call him Casshern.) Next up is my shiny Iron Fist Golett hunt, then I'm going to try for a shiny No Guard Golett; may these both go quickly. I don't want to run out of room on my copy of X. :whistle:

In Pokemon Emerald, I randomly found a shiny.........Poochyena.

I was stunned.

As mentioned in the FU moments thread, one of the Electrodes in the Rocket base that I encountered was shiny, but it blew itself up before I could catch it.

I've also had a shiny Skrelp via chain fishing in Y.

The very first time I encountered a Shiny though, that takes the cake.
The Zigzagoon that was attacking Prof. Birch in my first playthrough of Sapphire, was shiny.
That would have been a FU moment, but I think I actually burst out laughing.

Just minding my own business, walking out of the Safari Zone, when I stumbled upon a cute female Shuppet.
Gotta love those random shiny encounters!

So I had just finished EV training my Misdreavus for Speed and I accidently walk into some grass on route 104. I was then greeted by a shiny Wurmple. This is only the second shiny I caught myself, and the first one I ever met randomly in the wild (I got a shiny Zoroark back in Y but that was using the radar).

I recently got a second copy of soul silver, (didn't want to restart any of my other gen 2 remakes) , and after uploading the Pokemon on the current save file to my white version, i delete the old file and start over.

First off, one of the Pokemon I sent to my white copy was a shiny golem, which is awesome enough on it's own.

After about a week of playing my current game, I had just defeated jasmine, and I decided to fly back to the safari zone entrance to do a bit of level grinding. Two encounters and one quick ball later, and I'm the proud owner of a shiny gloom.

This makes for my fourth wild shiny I've captured, and my sixth wild shiny encounter overall, but my first shiny of my favorite type, grass.

As for my other captures/encounters, my first shiny caught was a tentacool in my first soul silver copy ( coincidentally enough) , then a relicanth in alpha sapphire, then a magikarp in omega ruby.

Sorry for the Great Wall of text, and on a side note, any thoughts on what I should evolve my gloom into? I'm really thinking of going with bellossom in keeping with my regional team. Any input would be appreciated!

I decided to Wonder Trade off my excess Pawniard so others could use them in Wonderlockes or go on a few shiny hunts and got traded a shiny Houndoom, a shiny Metang and a shiny Scyther in return. The Scyther makes me scratch my head a little; it had just been hatched so I'm wondering if the OT didn't trade it off by mistake.

Oh well, I'll take good care of it. Now onward! I must hatch another shiny Iron Fist Golett! (Yeah, like I really need another one...!)

Back
Top Bottom