• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I hope so. The Poke Radar, after reaching a certain streak, has a 1/200 chance to find a shiny, and even four of those occurring simultaneously, giving 1/50 percentage. I hope it's the same in ORAS.

I have broken all-time records for the fastest shiny hatch using the Masuda Method.

I was breeding my HA Excadrill (that happened to be foreign) with a Ditto to get a female HA Drilbur that I intended to use for a trade. The first Drilbur that popped out happened to both be female and have its HA.

It was also shiny.

^ I envy you. I'm at 550 eggs for my Chimchar hunt and I've got nothing. I swear, I think that it's taking longer with each and every Masuda I've started.

Not going to give up, though. I want me a shiny little fire monkey for my copy of Moon so I will soldier on.

Shiny female shellder on my first batch of eggs, been a good while since I hatched a shiny.

I think it's proven that the DexNav does increase the chances of finding a shiny but the chance doesn't increase with the encounters. It just ups the chance by simply using it. So there is no DexNav "chaining" involved as opposed to the PokeRadar and the chances are smaller.

I have encountered a shiny:
- Frogadier and Braixen in the Friend Safari
- Gyarados from chain-fishing accidentally
- Kyurem, Haxorus and Dratini from White 2
- Tepig and Manetric from wondertrade
- Bulbasaur that my friend gave me <3

Last shiny I got was from the WT : it was a shiny Bisharp. I was like "okay xD". But the last shiny Pokémon I've got by myself was a shiny Bellsprout I got when I was EV training on Kalos Route 14. I evolvd it into a Victreebel. The only shiny I got in ORAS is a female Ralts I got in Omega Ruby while I was looking for every useful nature for a Synchronizer. I didn't check her IVs though.

Last edited:
The last shiny I have encountered was a Nidorina at the Safari Zone(Kanto), and luckily I did catch it with one rock throw and one food throw.

Decided to just have some shits and giggles by going into my old White Version, was just passing through White Forest and out pops a lv 5 female Wurmple, transferred it to OR and then it evolved into a Beautifly :) im glad it evolved into her, seems appropriate for female.

Then about 2-3 weeks later, going through Route 6 in OR, ran into a Male Nincada, (one of the best shinys to get) well now he is a Ninjask and i got the Shedinja which is also shiny, 2 shinys for the price of one

I'm in the middle of a shiny drought, it seems. I've hit the Friend Safari and gotten nothing and the Chimchar hunt is just absolutely frustrating. I've now hatched 715--I'm in the process of Wonder Trading some of the hatchlings off to make room in the PC--but no shiny yet. I swear, it's like the Masudas I'm doing are getting longer with each species: I hatched a shiny Inkay in 5, a shiny Tyrunt in 132, a shiny Pawniard in 277 and a shiny Golett in 543. Yeah, they seem to be taking longer with each new hunt. Weird.

You watch: I'll get my shiny Chimchar and start a new hunt, then get the next shiny in under a hundred eggs or something. Because the RNG freaking hates me. :(

Hatched a Shiny Axew on Sunday in less than 10 eggs with the Masuda method. I just said "what the hell, I'm gonna put this Axew with a Jolly nature in with my Japanese Ditto." I didn't think I'd actually GET a shiny. I gave her an ability capsule, leveled her up, evolved her into Haxorus and nicknamed her Labrys. Now I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Staryu. Hopefully it'll have Natural Cure from the get-go so I don't have to grind in the Hax Maison.

Just found a shiny Noibat on Friend Safari... Since I got back to breeding, I have found three. I hatched a shiny Bunnelby who is near perfect, has the correct nature and ability (yay). Found a shiny Trevenant whem EV training some Pokémon and now the Noibat.

An hour after completing the national dex and gaining the shiny charm, I hatched a shiny Skorupi after only around 60 eggs! It's unfortunately not competitively viable, but I can appreciate it.

EDIT: So this may sound dumb, but... I was breeding for a Pokemon and accidentally ran into a shiny one of this Pokemon in the wild... Does that mean that the "counter" for a shiny resets? Cuz I had been breeding for a shiny, IV bred... And I'm still hoping to do so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom