• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I caught a shiny Latias on Southern Island in Omega Ruby. It is Hardy nature and it has Capable of Taking Hits characteristic.

Just caught a Shiny Weepinbell I found in a horde battle, while EV Training. Sadly it is not competitive viable, but a shiny is a shiny.

Edit: And to my surprise, yet another shiny. A shiny Wailmer, it is kinda cute. But this time it isn't a legit one, unfortunately... I got it from AuSLove.tv, a twitch streamer who loves to wonder trade hacked shinies. I will keep it but I don't see myself using it competitively.

Last edited:
Never mind my question as I just hatched a shiny Zigzagoon! I much prefer the shiny over the normal version so I am satisfied!

I'm currently soft-resetting for Ho-oh in HeartGold. So far, I've got 385 resets, but I'll get there :)

ZOMG I CAUGHT A SHINY SKITTY!!! Yeah, Shiny Skitty has bad ability Normalize, but I don't care, YAY!!! She's gonna be my baby!! I named her Marinette, after the girl from Miraculous Ladybug.

Just encountered my first Shiny in X.

Lvl 59 female Lickitung in Victory Road
Unfortunately, she's Quirky nature ..... And she's a Lickitung.
But has perfect IV in Speed.

So I managed to hatch, after only 236 eggs, a shiny Furfrou. Its stats suck, but I don't care. Only third successful mm hunt. Going to name it Charlie in memory of my recently departed dog, which is why I was looking for it in the first place.

@jman21 sorry to hear about your dog. I still miss mine after all these years.

I did manage to catch my first shiny (unlike the two I found in the SS Safari Zone that ran away from me ^=__=^;; ). I was doing homework while running from all battles on the way to getting the Deep Sea Tooth and whatnot in X or Y so I wasn't really paying attention. Fortunately I happened to glance up at the top screen before hitting run and was like... what the cheesecakes why is this Tentacool purple OMGIT'SASHINYCATCHITCATCHITCATCHIT. And so I did. ^^;; IIRC it has some stat that's like zero or whatever but a shiny is a shiny is a shiny. I've also gotten a few over WT and a couple from some used games I bought to complete my pokemon games collection. I've mentioned this one somewhere before (probably the "your pokemon nicknames" thread) but my favourite is probably an (obviously hacked) 6IV shiny Ludicolo nicknamed LudiYOLO. I swear I laughed for a good 10min when that came in over WT.

Just found a shiny Scraggy while EV training my Skorupi and Grimer.

1NMawg7.jpg

OY6V47e.jpg

Edit: And I just hatched a shiny Gligar:

uYU1XYM.jpg

ghkoMgF.jpg

Last edited:
While EV training, I encountered a wild Swablu first horde! Hopefully will breed a useful one in the future, even though it looks absolutely disgusting with the pale colors of XY/ORAS.

I'm so glad the Friend Safari is a thing, or I'd be thinking that the shiny gods hate me. In the last two days, I've run into two shiny Phantump, the second one being the first step/encounter I had. That's boosted my spirits a little, as the Chimchar hunt is not going well at all. (820 eggs and a big fat "zero" in the shiny Chimchar column. This is getting nuts!)

Had a random encounter with a shiny Rattata. Caught and evolved into Raticate. Hardy and Somewhat Vain.

Let's see, while breeding for a shiny Pawniard (which eventually I got 2 off - because I didn't quite like how the first one turned out). I traded the breeding leftovers, and among the many Zigzagoon, Wurmple and, for some reason, Trevenant, I scored a shiny Heracross and a shiny Volcarona.

While running around in the Friend Safari last night I ran into--wait for it--a shiny Golurk. He's Adamant with Iron Fist but his stats are kinda meh. Still caught him though; a shiny is a shiny.

Now if only I can get that stupid shiny Chimchar...!

Today I finally hatched a shiny Charmander for my brother! :D It took 576 eggs to hatch. The Charmander has 5IVs with missing special attack even though he's modest.

Not me, but my friend has not encountered a shiny Pokémon in 7 years since he got a shiny Staravia in Pearl. Just yesterday he was on Wonder Trade and over the course of the day he gets a shiny Bastiodon, Baltoy, and Scizor. I think the Bastiodon and Scizor were hacked because they were level 100 and had Pokerus, but I'm not about to kill his joy.

Finally got a shiny Lugia on AS! Now I have pretty much all shiny legendaries (excluding Groudon because I don't have Soul Silver/Ruby/Emerald, Yveltal and Zygarde for obvious reasons)!!
Now it's time to work on the non-legendary pokemon for my shiny dex.

Back
Top Bottom