• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I'm on a roll with shinies this week. During EV training I've found a shiny Whismur, Skarmory and a Spinda.

Shiny charm's finally paying off :D

A few days ago I encountered a Shiny Elgyem in Alpha Sapphire. I was using the DexNav, but I don't have the Shiny Charm, so it was cool.

I had taken a break from shiny hunting, but my friend inspired me to start it again, so I tried getting a shiny Scatterbug. Well, last time I did it with a Helioptile it took days. This time it took me half a box of eggs and around 30 minutes...which made my friend a bit mad. :p

I was breeding for a Shiny Growlithe and I got it in under 30 EGGS! I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Now I'm trying my luck with breeding Chimchar and I haven't got one in more than 70+ eggs.

Before this, I have encountered a Shiny Spheal and a Shiny Noibat in a Friend Safari before. It was an awesome experience when I found both of them in a span of 5 days. I also got a few shinies from Wondertrade, like Serperior, Tyrantrum, Zigzagoon, Ditto, Furret, Bunnelby and a SUICUNE! Only the Suicune is competitively viable though.

That sounds pretty awesome to me. Did they have great IVs?
I usually don't pay attention to that sort of thing. They seem alright in battle to me.

Also, the only Shinies I've caught are Relicanth and Elgyem (the latter as mentioned earlier). The Relicanth was via chain fishing and the Elgyem at random.

I usually don't pay attention to that sort of thing. They seem alright in battle to me.

Also, the only Shinies I've caught are Relicanth and Elgyem (the latter as mentioned earlier). The Relicanth was via chain fishing and the Elgyem at random.
Random Shinies are so damn awesome.

I have absolutely terrible luck in Friend Safaris and trying to hatch shinies, even with my newly-acquired Shiny Charm (I think I'm on like seven boxes now, still no shinies).

I did, however, receive a 6IV shiny Lopunny the day before yesterday when I was WT'ing away some breeding rejects. Surely hacked but to me shinies are shinies~

After over a month soft resetting for a shiny female Heatran (and finding 4 shiny males along the way..), I finally got mine. It has a Calm nature, wich is great , specially considering that I had to use a Cute Charmer instead of a Synchronizer for it!

I'm nearing 150 eggs and still no shiny Chimchar. Does something really happen to the Masuda Method when I close my 3ds everytime and then return hunting? I just think it is my terrible luck till now.

I was progressing through the story in Black 2 as usual, outside of Reversal Mountain. I went into the grass by complete accident, and boy was I surprised to see a random Shiny Spoink. Isn't it great when you get rewarded for messing up movement? However, the Master Ball was the only Pokeball I had at the time. Of course I caught it, even though some people might think that it's a waste of a Master Ball. Some of my friends even think the Shiny Spoink is hacked at first glance, because of the Master Ball it was caught in. When I show them the horrible nature and IVs though they believe me afterward.

Back
Top Bottom