• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I'm nearing 150 eggs and still no shiny Chimchar. Does something really happen to the Masuda Method when I close my 3ds everytime and then return hunting? I just think it is my terrible luck till now.
I've hit 850 on my own shiny MM Chimchar hunt--I'm trying for an Iron Fist--and I've got nothing. So no, it's not you. I think that monkey is just a stubborn little cuss.

I did manage to run into a shiny in an Electric Safari the other day... and it was an Emolga. I caught it, I'll keep it but I don't know if I'm ever gonna use it. (I really wanted an Electabuzz...)

In the past week or so, I got three Friend Safari shinies, a Butterfree, Helioptile, and Bergmite in that order, and then, yesterday, I got my shiny Horsea that I was breeding for, and I definitely think I hatched more than 512 eggs. (Shiny charm + Gen VI odds + Masuda Method = 1/512 odds) Oh, well. So is luck. At least I can finally hunt something different in my Omega Ruby.

It been quite a long while since I got a shiny and I been wanting to randomly encounter one, and I just got a shiny Ralts through wonder trade. :)

My boyfriend is the absolute best. For our four month anniversary he managed to get me another one of my dream shinies, a Suicune! This was after MANY soft resets on his part and it has EXTREMELY amazing IVs? It has 31s and in every other stat is has 30s. While it's unfortunate that if it was confused it would hurt itself pretty badly... How could I complain?

Just horded a shiny Voltorb in Omega Ruby.

EDIT: Sorry for posting so soon afterwards, but I just got a shiny Bunnelby in my Y for a Shiny Badge Quest I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going through a Mirage Forest and finally after 48 encounters, a Shiny Vulpix, it has perfect IV on HP and it's serious nature, but I don't care I finally got my first Shiny in a while

I've never been one to hunt for a shiny Pokemon. The first and only shiny I have actually caught was a Spinda in Pokemon X. In most cases I prefer the normals over the shinies anyway. But I wouldn't mind something like a shiny Gardevoir or Sylveon. Blue is my thing.

Went stomping around a Ghost Friend Safari and found a shiny. It was a Phantump. Of which I have like three.

I was looking for a Golurk; why didn't I find him? (I swear, I think the shiny Golurk in those Safaris are hiding from me...)

Finally started hunting again and Lady Luck decided to give me back to back Shiny Petilil, with one already a Lilligant

Hatched a shiny bulbasaur the other day. Needless to say, I was super stoked. Only my third hatched shiny, and only 337 eggs.

I've been hunting for a shiny Pumpkaboo in a ghost safari that only has 2 Pokemon (Pumpkaboo and Lampent) to better the odds of Pumpkaboo; synchronizing with Gardevoir to get my desired nature. I've been on and off hunting for at least two weeks (on and off meaning I close my DS to go to work, sleep, etc while keeping my game on and in the safari...with the exception of my game getting bumped once and popping out of the cartridge slot). No luck on Pumpkaboo at all. I ran into shiny Lampent and caught it days ago--but nothing since then. I've got to have run into more than 512 Pokemon by now! =_=

Edit: ANOTHER SHINY LAMPENT, ARE YOU SERIOUS

Last edited:
I've been hunting for a shiny Pumpkaboo in a ghost safari that only has 2 Pokemon (Pumpkaboo and Lampent) to better the odds of Pumpkaboo; synchronizing with Gardevoir to get my desired nature. I've been on and off hunting for at least two weeks (on and off meaning I close my DS to go to work, sleep, etc while keeping my game on and in the safari...with the exception of my game getting bumped once and popping out of the cartridge slot). No luck on Pumpkaboo at all. I ran into shiny Lampent and caught it days ago--but nothing since then. I've got to have run into more than 512 Pokemon by now! =_=

Edit: ANOTHER SHINY LAMPENT, ARE YOU SERIOUS
I am not surprised by this.

I swear, I ran into a shiny Breloom and a shiny Mienfoo well before I found my shiny Sawk. One night, I decided to hunt for a shiny Golurk and my first encounter was a shiny Lampent. Did I mention I already had like three of them? Just keep trying: you'll get that shiny Pumpkaboo and when you run into it, you will weep tears of joy. (At least I did when I found my shiny Sawk. It only took me six months of freaking searching...!!)

Thank you! At this point, I probably will. xD That's all right though, I suppose...it'll feel all the more rewarding when it finally happens. :p

Last week, I was surfing around and getting a small collection of DeepSeaTooths to put into the Wonder Trade. I encountered a Sharpedo that was significantly more purple than blue. With that surprise and 5 DSTs under my belt, I decided to fish up a Feebas while I was in the area. I throw the lure in and the Feebas I pulled up was also signficantly more purple that it's usual colour scheme.

No chains, just two random encouters one after the other.

That is some crazy luck! Reminds me of what used to happen to me on my version of Diamond. Once I broke 400 logged hours, it seemed like my shiny rate went up. My first wild shiny was a Ponyta that appeared while I was leveling up a new team, followed by a Pachirisu not long after (whom I nicknamed Sir Rose). Most of the shinies I have now came from Diamond.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours have you put into that game?

In just 42 encounters, I found a Shiny Munna, tried to find another Munna but it never shined, will try again later

Back
Top Bottom