• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I soft-reseted for a shiny Kartana...and then I accidentally soft-reseted it away. Lousy knee-jerk reaction after soft-resetting non-stop all day.

GAME!
Game...
Listen.
I want you to tell me why you do this to me.

I found a shiny UB Burst, this morning. AWESOME, I love me some explodey clowns. 1571 resets/encounters. Captured, and... He has a Bold nature. I was synchronizing for a Timid nature.
Alright, alright, a bit of bad luck.
Then about an hour ago, while SRing for a shiny Kartana... I ACTUALLY FOUND IT.
TWO SHINY ULTRA BEASTS IN ONE DAY, HOW
And did it synched the Jolly nature?
Of course not.
Why, game, why...
Update: I got even one more UB Burst the following day which also have the wrong nature.
However, 12/21 I got a shiny Terrakion, got it in one Level Ball, and it has the correct nature.
How even.
And his name is Balrog, btw

Last edited:
I got a shiny female Hippowdon a couple of days ago, then I got... another shiny Swellow and Altaria yesterday. Don't get me wrong! They're great shinies, but I already caught them beforehand. =( I was hoping for a shiny Yanmega. That thing looks badass.

Ran into a shiny Araquanid on Monday while in Malie Garden, looking for Kukui. If I hadn't been paying attention, I might have fled from that battle. I chucked a Quick Ball at it and it stayed in.

I named him Spinister and I've already raised him 19 levels. He's such a cutie. (Hey, Araquanid is cute. It's a giant hopping spider wearing a water helmet. What's not to love?) Nature kinda bites--it's Naive--but who cares? A random shiny is a random shiny.

By random chance, during Ultra Sun I stumbled upon a Shiny Cubone when training for Kiawe's trial.

She's a Marowak now.

I FINALLY found my first Ultra Sun shiny a couple of days ago, a Slowpoke that appeared while I was looking for a Slowking during an SOS battle. It was a very pleasant surprise! I already have a shiny Slowpoke that I caught back in White so I'll be evolving this one.

Caught Shiny Rayquaza in just 2 Luxury Balls, and it's even Naive, the exact nature I wanted. Man, it's like Luxury Balls were made just for Shiny Rayquaza cause they match so well.

I had a REALLY lucky shiny encounter today. I restarted my spare Alpha Sapphire for a change of pace, especially since I'm still recovering from a cold. While using the DexNav to find a good Ralts, I accidentally botched it up by running into a normal wild encounter. Said wild encounter, however, was a shiny female Ralts! She even had the ability I wanted. I was utterly floored. I chucked a Quick Ball that I had traded over from another game to snag her, and I managed to catch her. Her nature is so-so (Sassy), but I've always wanted a shiny female Ralts (I once did get a shiny Ralts way back in Y, but it was male, though now he's a shiny Gallade). But wow, I was totally stunned. My luck with shiny Mons varies immensely, though it's usually in the gutter, thus I never thought I'd nab a shiny female Ralts with the ability I wanted within the first hour of playing AS. Again, her nature could be better, but I'm hardly complaining. Time to raise me a shiny Gardevoir, a dream come true for me.

Finally got a new shiny from breeding. Was swapping in Chespin to go for 6IV or a shiny, got all the egg moves I wanted on, nature, and hidden ability. I had just bred a 5IV female with HA, so I swapped it in. I hit a shiny on my first egg in the new chain. Super awesome.

Also, got it in a Heavy Ball. I need to breed a shiny in a Moon and Lure Ball, then I will have bred one or more in each Apricorn Ball.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1719748510.jpg
    Snapchat-1719748510.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Snapchat-26732958.jpg
    Snapchat-26732958.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Was aiming for a shiny Modest Xurkitree. Got a Tmid one instead...I'll take it. Besides I can return any time to try again.

Been hunting a shiny Guzzlord for days now and I finally found one just for it to kill itself due to its confusion. Fuming.

I was breeding some Snorunts on Omega Ruby for me and some friends and the first one I hatched was a shiny female 5IV Snorunt! It’s my first Masuda Method shiny ever! I’ve also gotten like 10 from Ultra Wormholes in US but that’s nothing to write about.

Well, I just got to the point in the story where I can go into ultra wormholes. First one I ever went in, I found a shiny nuzleaf. Of course, it would’ve been nice to know before that encounter that I could’ve reset it to get a good nature, but eh, it’s not the worst.

I've been shiny hunting since early 2016 after I found a random encounter shiny Pawniard in Y in Lost Hotel and a little bit later I got a random shiny Geodude in a horde while leveling up Pokemon for my living dex. I did my first hunt for Corsola fish chaining and have been shiny hunting since. I now own 343 different shinies. All are in gen 6. All were caught by me in the games X, Y or Omega Ruby. All are full odds or non shiny charm odds. I use all methods except soft reset and radar in gen 6. I haven't shiny hunted in gen 7.

I'll list my full odds random encounter shinies
Pawniard
Geodude (horde)
Druddigon (While leveling up Pokemon in Victory Road for my living dex)
Volbeat (Gathering eggs during my current masuda method hunt for Nidoran female)

This is when I started random encounter hunting, meaning I count the encounters.

I found my first, Caterpie, on Nov 21st, 2017. In 1588 encounters I evolved it to Metapod.
Tauros was next, on Nov 25th in 1794 encounters
Aerodactyl was found at 656 fossil resets on the 27th
Then Psyduck in 2,753 encounters on Dec 4th looking for Azurill
Then a Nosepass in a horde, followed by Golett in 1812 encounters on Dec 21st and 22nd looking for Houndour.
I got a shiny Panpour for Christmas in 1276 looking for Weedle
And a shiny Slowpoke in 795 encounters on the 27th looking for Exeggcute
My last full odds random encounter hunt was a Litleo, 4,661 encounters on Jan 16th, 2018 looking for Azurill.

I mainly hunt for Pokemon from Gens 1-3. So on all of these routes the Pokemon from those gens are my main targets, anything not from gen 1-3 or anything I already have means I have to go back.

My current hunts include Nidoran female, I horde hunted for it and have found 12 males, 6 Stunky's and 1 Starly. I've hatched 1,635 eggs for it as well.
I've revived 2,540 fossils for Omanyte and I've done 2,213 random encounters for Houndour. I will continue these hunts until I get a shiny.

Last edited:
Well, I had a double shiny encounter today in my restarted Platinum version (well, one of them, anyway), back-to-back no less. And for once the Poke-Gods were on my side. First off, as per tradition, I ran into a shiny male Zubat. Caught the little night flyer and named him Dusk. I don't plan on using him, since I prefer Zubat's shiny form over Crobat's, so he'll just sit in the box like every other shiny Zubat I've found. Then, immediately after the Zubat, I ran into a shiny Bronzor. Two shinies in a row! And without things like Shiny Charms and whatnot. Caught that Bronzor, named it Zorro, and I'm debating on using it. It has a Bold nature, Mischievous, with Levitate. I know that means its physical moves are virtually useless, but some of its better choices are Special moves anyway, like Extrasensory and Flash Cannon. Should I use it? Might make for a decent tank (even though my eventual Torterra could fill that role as well, though I have heard of the Rock Polish variant). What do you think? Would it be worth using?

I literally JUST encountered my first gen 7 shiny... in a tier 2 red Ultra Wormhole in Ultra Sun. It's a Yanmega.

I still remember my first shiny...all the way back in Silver.

It was a golden Pidgey. Ten years and three generations later, I have never seen another.

All right, got my most coveted shiny ever during this forums maintenence. Been searching for a shiny Froakie since X and Y, and finally got the little bugger a couple days ago. 5 IV, Timid nature, Friend Ball, and (most importantly) PROTEAN! Just need a shiny Honedge now and I will have my singles 3 team from Kalos.

Attachments

• Snapchat-98899606.jpg
    Snapchat-98899606.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Snapchat-1467222177.jpg
    Snapchat-1467222177.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180224_122645.jpg
    20180224_122645.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom