• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The shiny recolors thread!

PokéKaiju

Reaction score
So, I've gotten into the hobby of recoloring the shiny forms of Pokémon that I think could use improvement, whether it be due to barely changing from the colors of the originals or having unpleasant color choices, and I'd thought I'd make a thread where everyone can post their own recolored shiny forms or discuss them! I don't think much else needs to be said or explained (though I will edit this post to add/clarify things as needed), so have fun posting your recolors! I'll inaugurate this thread with three line recolors of my own! For the curious, these were all recolored using GIMP.

Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult

The Dreepy Line
The red parts being changed to yellow on the official shiny is definitely a noticeable and neat change, but I feel like more could have been changed to help it stand out more. Apart from including the yellow markings, I went with an indigo/violet coloration for the body and violet for the eyes to reflect the line's part Ghost-typing.

Meltan, Melmetal

Meltan and Melmetal
The blue tails on the official shinies are a good touch, but every other color aspect is minimally changed. I went with simply switching the silver and gold colors around, giving these two silver hex nuts and golden bodies that could be interpreted as being made up of yellow-hot molten steel.

Sneasel, Weavile

Sneasel and Weavile
Oh, poor Sneasel and Weavile. These two were bestowed with shiny colorations that, from my experience, are widely considered to be some of the worst/ugliest of them all, with the black being changed to pink and the reds changed to yellow. I simply went with Sneasel's original colors from Gold and Silver (very dark brown + ice blue), as I feel it perfectly encompasses the Dark/Ice typing of these two. Also changed the color of the gem things on them to red.

Apologies for the double post, but I just resurrected my account on an old Chromebook and managed to remember its password. Lo and behold, there was some sprite work of shiny recolors on it that I thought I'd post here.
pixil-frame-0 (17).png
pixil-frame-0 (16).png
pixil-frame-0 (15).png
pixil-frame-0 (14).png
pixil-frame-0 (13).png
pixil-frame-0 (12).png
pixil-frame-0 (11).png
pixil-frame-0 (10).png
pixil-frame-0 (9).png
pixil-frame-0 (8).png
jg2ms3X.png
MZX9xdd.png
adlq5kM.png
W9xss9P.png
Edit: Note, the colors may appear slightly off due to differences in monitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom