• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is Platinum worth it?

It's definitely worth it. It has everything Diamond/Pearl have, with a much better story, and several things they don't, such as Battle Frontier and Gym Leader Rematches. Not to mention the vastly smoother gameplay.

I personally think it's worth it more than HGSS even, so I highly recommend you to get it if you want to play through Sinnoh as it was meant to be.

Last edited:

I'd say it's worth it. It expands on the story on diamond and pearl and has really good post-game... fun...ness.(?) It even has a little bit of story after you beat the e4. Then there's the reverse world. That might be the funnest place in the game. There's also more pokemon you can catch before you beat the e4. Oh yeah, and you can get dialga, palkia, and giratina in one game without trading.

In my opinion, Platinum is even better than Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Including other stuff the above people said (storyline, especially), there are more convenient things like move tutoring by shards (which are done by Battle Points in HG/SS) and more places to level grind (I find it somehow difficult to level grind in HG/SS before facing Elite Four).

Definitely worth it, especially if you don't have Diamond or Pearl already.

Yes. IMO, Plat is the best Pokemon DS game.

And it also has better MP features, like Battle Frontier (and wifi co op), along with a battle recorder, which lets you save battles, film them with a camera, and upload them to youtube without the lag of recording a battle while it happens.

Platinum offers soo much more Pokemon that weren't catchable in D/P (mostly the Pokemon that have gotten evolutions in the 4th generation), so you should definitely get it. :3

Something I've been curious about, why do you have to save every time you use wi-fi?

Something I've been curious about, why do you have to save every time you use wi-fi?

It saves every time before you trying to activate any Multiplayer modes. It's been doing that since RBY.

I think it's because the game could receive corrupt data when communicating. It's a back up system so you don't lose your Pokémon.

It saves every time before you trying to activate any Multiplayer modes. It's been doing that since RBY.

I think it's because the game could receive corrupt data when communicating. It's a back up system so you don't lose your Pokémon.

Oh. I've always thought it was annoying, but now I'm glad. Thanks

I dont want to sound stupid, but when the Victini event is released in USA is it going to be a Wi Fi event or another Gamestop one?

For the legendary beasts and celebi distributions at gamestop, how exactly do I get the pokes on my game card? Do they have a link cord or something?

I don't want to look like an idiot wandering around wondering what to do XD

Just select Mystery Gift on the menu and select Receive Wirelessly on the menu in Mystery Gift

Hmm... Where is the magmarizer on diamond? My friend said I need to insert leaf green to the slot 2. But I don't have leafgreen. Is there a way I can get it?

Look it up on Bulbapedia...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

Milotic level 86
Salamence level 56
Infernape level 80
Giratina level 75
Metagross level 80
Torterra level 82.

I can't choose between salamence,or tyranitar

I want to pick tyranitar, but salamence pretty badass.
I want to pick salamence, but tyranitar moveset pretty good.

Can you help me choose? I appreciate it :D

For in-game? Yeah, it's a good team. Keep in mind Giratina isn't allowed in the Battle Frontier.

Salamence and Tyranitar are both fantastic Pokemon, but keep in mind Tyranitar's instant Sandstorms will hurt your team as well.

@pikachu200: Most likely Wi-Fi, but nothing's been confirmed yet.

Shiny Legendary Beasts are a Wireless Event right now, because that's how I got Raikou.

Shiny Legendary Beasts are a Wireless Event right now, because that's how I got Raikou.

...It is? I thought you had to go somewhere for it. Can you get them on Platinum? If so how? On SS "Receive mystery gift" is an option in the starting menu, but I'm not sure how to do it in Platinum.

...It is? I thought you had to go somewhere for it. Can you get them on Platinum? If so how? On SS "Receive mystery gift" is an option in the starting menu, but I'm not sure how to do it in Platinum.

It works the same for all Generation 4 games. Walk in the store, access the main menu, click Mystery Gift > Receive via Wireless, download the event, then pick it up from the man in any PokeMart. Simple as that.

Okay, I didn't pay attention to this event, because I didn't think I'd be able to get a ride to the only gamestop near me, but now I do. So can I get celebi at the same time as the beasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom