• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, nothing. Ah well thanks for the help anyways.

Where did you purchase the game? It could be a bootleg. Otherwise, the only thing I could suggest is to make sure the DS reads the GBA cart correctly. There's no reason why it shouldn't work otherwise.

Where did you purchase the game? It could be a bootleg. Otherwise, the only thing I could suggest is to make sure the DS reads the GBA cart correctly. There's no reason why it shouldn't work otherwise.

Got it on eBay. But the DS not reading the cart sounds plausible enough.

Yep; it sounds as if Emerald could be a bootleg. Bootleg GBA Pokemon games are sickeningly common on eBay; and perhaps others places as well.

when catching chansey in the johto safari what does the wiki mean by "Block 1 - Plains - 12"??

Yep; it sounds as if Emerald could be a bootleg. Bootleg GBA Pokemon games are sickeningly common on eBay; and perhaps others places as well.

So what does it being a bootleg mean? It seems like I can play it with no problems.

So what does it being a bootleg mean? It seems like I can play it with no problems.

i had the same problem with fake ruby & sapphire carts - they just don't "talk to" the DS games (& the save files will delete themselves at random)

ironically i got them from a pretty reputable website (www.play.com) albeit from a seller selling used games - they refunded me straight away so no big whoop & i picked up genuine copies from ebay

there are plenty of bootleg (fake) copies on ebay - look for people selling more than one copy of the game as not many people buy more than 1 real copy...

Ah, that sucks. I'll know in future then.

Do you still have the box for the game you bought? Often times the easiest way to see if it is a bootleg copy is to see if the boxart is different that the boxart of the offical version.

Do you still have the box for the game you bought? Often times the easiest way to see if it is a bootleg copy is to see if the boxart is different that the boxart of the offical version.

No it was just the catridge that was posted to me.

If I'm EV training a low lvl pokemon with exp. share, and the pokemon that battles for the pokemon that should be gaining EVs has a power item, will the power items extra points transfer through the exp. share?

example: I have bidoof that is holding power weight, and I battle another bidoof, so my bidoof gains 5 hp EVs. At my party I have a rattata who is holding exp. share, so will the rattata get 5 EVs aswell or just 1 from the defeated bidoof?

why do so many people on pokemon forums (& in the games i'm sure) say "use an HM move" all the time - is this a poor replica of the "an hero" fad or are people really illiterate???

If I'm EV training a low lvl pokemon with exp. share, and the pokemon that battles for the pokemon that should be gaining EVs has a power item, will the power items extra points transfer through the exp. share?

example: I have bidoof that is holding power weight, and I battle another bidoof, so my bidoof gains 5 hp EVs. At my party I have a rattata who is holding exp. share, so will the rattata get 5 EVs aswell or just 1 from the defeated bidoof?

The Rattat will just get 1 EV, so you should put Rattata first and then switch into the Bidoof.

Because H is pronounced " ˈeɪtʃ ", so HM is pronounced " ˈeɪtʃ ˈɛm "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_and_an

it's not a silent H though... :-/

**EDIT**

i read it as "an hidden machine" rather than "an HM" just to clarify

**EDIT**

my dad's from dublin - wow i never knew he'd have such an influence on my dialect! (i have a "cockney" accent myself...)

Last edited:
I didn't even notice this here and started a thread for my question. xD;

Will using the Pokewalker glitch screw up my game cartridge or Pokewalker?
I know I can't retrieve the clone, nor do I want to. I just want to know if it'll ruin my game.

are there any trainers that use gible or bagon so then i can search them in GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom