• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jolly Aerodactyl's speed range with no EVs is 291-325
Muk's max speed (upping nature, 31 IVs, 252 EVs) with choice scarf is 327

Basically Muk will need maximum speed, Aerodactyl will have to have no EVs
Well my Aerodactyl definitely has speed EV's...I knew that guy was a hacker!

Re: Pokemon training vs. caught wild

Will a pokemon be stronger if it is hatched from an egg and leveled up? For instance, if I caught a level 20 pinsir would it be just as strong as a pinsir that I hatched as an egg and raised up to level 20? I thought that was the case in Gold/Silver/Chrystal (for game boy color), but with natures and what not, I was wondering if it really makes a difference.

Any pros and cons to either method? Thanks for your help!!!

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I am not sure where this type of question belongs.)

Typically, a hatched Pokemon will be "stronger" when it gets to level 20 vs. one caught at level 20 because the hatched Pokemon has gained EV's from battling. But if they both had the same nature, EV spread, and IV's it wouldn't make a difference where you got it in the end.

Here's the Bulbapedia entry for EVs. You can browse around for IVs and nature as well to better understand what makes one Pokemon stronger than another.

Edit: To answer your question, typically breeding will usually get you a better Pokemon since you can better control the variables for it's nature and IVs. Plus you can breed moves it wouldn't normally learn, called Egg Moves. But you could use the RNG to make a wild Pokemon with the stats you want, but it'd be more complicated.

I need help. If you have RNG'd for shinys before you will know how to answer this question. I can't find a good spot with 50+ Pokemon. Can someone tell me?

P.S. Its Platinum

Last edited:
I need help. If you have RNG'd for shinys before you will know how to answer this question. I can't find a good spot with 50+ Pokemon. Can someone tell me?

P.S. Its Platinum

Resort Area. Fish for the Magikarp.

Ok, I'll try it, what HM's do you need to get there? I dont always keep a full team.

Yes, National Dex, but I haven't been to the Resort Area, only Survival and Battle Frontier.

EDIT: Found it :-D

Yes, National Dex, but I haven't been to the Resort Area, only Survival and Battle Frontier.

EDIT: Found it :-D

Just fish for the Magikarp in the pools.

Speaking of RNGing, what is it anyway?

What is the difference between a Crown Entei/Suicune/Raikou and a normal Entei/Suicune/Raikou?

Crown Entei/Suicune/Raikou are shiny and activate an event in Pokemon Black and White.

They also have special moves;
Entei:
Extremespeed
Flare Blitz
Howl
Crush Claw

Raikou:
Extremespeed
Zap Cannon
Aura Sphere
Weather Ball

Suicune:
Extremespeed
Aqua Ring
Sher Cold
Air Slash

Question: If a Feebas have maxed it's shen (so that it cannot get more poffins) whiteout reaching maximum beauty, will it's beauty still increase when Daisy grooms it?

Question: If a Feebas have maxed it's shen (so that it cannot get more poffins) whiteout reaching maximum beauty, will it's beauty still increase when Daisy grooms it?

I believe so.

I have beaten Pearl through and through. I'm three Pokemon away from completing the national dex and I have logged over 500 hours on the cartridge. But now that Soul Silver is my main game, I'm considering starting over on Pearl once I get all the Pokemon. I would just be for the fun of it, to play through Sinnoh after a couple years of hanging out around the Battle Area only. What do you cool cats think about this?

Is there a thread or website that details what moves the E4 in Platinum and HG/SS have (pre-rematch)? I kind of want to devise the ultimate counter team. >:]

do they emerald elite four go up in level if you fight them multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom