• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.
So I'm wondering, if I have Pokerus, a Power Bracer item, and want to max out the Attack stat, what number of pokemon that yield the following EVs when defeated would need to be defeated? If I worded it bad, how many shinx would I need to kill with Pokerus/Power bracer to max out attack, how many Gyarados, and say how many Salamence.

1 EV -
2 EVs -
3 EVs -

Not really fond of math.

Is this the right forum now?

You will max out attack when you achieve 252 EVs. Without the power item or Pokérus, that would mean 252 Shinx, 126 Gyarados, and 84 Salamence.

When you have a power item, the number of EVs you gain per defeat is multiplied by 2... same with Pokérus. If you have the two together, the number of EVs is multiplied by 4 (so 4 for every shinx, 8 for every Gyarados, and 12 for every Salamence). This means that, to reach 252, you would need to battle 63 Shinx, OR 32 Gyarados, OR 21 Salamence.

If you're going to mix and match out of those then it becomes a bit more complicated. Keep track of how many Shinx, how many Gyarados, and how many Salamence you've defeated. Then...

For Shinx: multiply the number defeated by 4
For Gyrados: multiply the number defeated by 2, then multiply that by 4
For Salamence: multiply the number defeated by 3, then multiply that by 4

Then add the total for each one together!

Hope I've helped! I'm new to EV training too but think I've grasped it...

He says that he's not fond of math, so let's make it easy OK?

If you only fight Shinx' witch gives out one atk. EV whit Pokerus and the Power Item for attack you must fight 25 of them to gain 250 Atk. EV, then remove the Power Item and beat one more for 252 attack EV.

For Gyarados (2 Atk. EV) you must beat 21 to reach 252.

For Salamence (3 Atk. EV) you must fight 16 to max it (or 15 to reach 240 and remove the Power Item, beat one more and get to 248 and then beat tho Shinx' w/o Power Item to reach 252), it's not recommended though because 1)It's hard to find anything that gives 3 EV point and 2)It's damn hard to keep track on it, I suggest that you fight those that gives you 1 or 2 EV.

I was thinking about something;

I've seen people having a Pokémon with more than one egg move. I found that a bit odd; how does a Pokémon know more than one egg move? Is there a legit way to do this? Thanks :D

I was thinking about something;

I've seen people having a Pokémon with more than one egg move. I found that a bit odd; how does a Pokémon know more than one egg move? Is there a legit way to do this? Thanks :D

If the male parent knows one or more egg move the child is capable of learning, it will pass it on. All 4 moves could be egg moves and they'll pass on.

Example: A male Smeargle knowing Yawn, Curse, Wish, and Charm bred with a female Eevee will pass all of those moves on to the baby Eevee.

If the male parent knows one or more egg move the child is capable of learning, it will pass it on. All 4 moves could be egg moves and they'll pass on.

Example: A male Smeargle knowing Yawn, Curse, Wish, and Charm bred with a female Eevee will pass all of those moves on to the baby Eevee.

Ahh, now I see. Thanks mate :)

I have two questions about Pokéathlon:

1.) Can somebody explain those stars in Pokéathlon stats to me?
So there are 4 types: small dark star, normal star, big star and an empty star that fills up when you give your Poké a drink of Aprijuice.
Apart from the blank star, I have no idea what do stars mean, so I'd like someone to tell me.
2.) I read on Bulbapedia that there is a table that displays mastery records in Potential room in Pokéathlon Dome. But all I see is the machine with regular records. Where is the table?

the stars are sort of the stats of Pokeathlon. The more stars you have, the better stat you have. Five stars in speed would be very fast while 1 star would be very slow. As for the dark and big stars, I assume they are sort of the same system.

I thought of that too, but one of my Pokés had 4 normal-sized stars. Giving him the Aprijuice normaly boosts stars by 1, but in this case, it boosted him to 5 big stars. That confused me.

You will max out attack when you achieve 252 EVs. Without the power item or Pokérus, that would mean 252 Shinx, 126 Gyarados, and 84 Salamence.

When you have a power item, the number of EVs you gain per defeat is multiplied by 2... same with Pokérus. If you have the two together, the number of EVs is multiplied by 4 (so 4 for every shinx, 8 for every Gyarados, and 12 for every Salamence). This means that, to reach 252, you would need to battle 63 Shinx, OR 32 Gyarados, OR 21 Salamence.

If you're going to mix and match out of those then it becomes a bit more complicated. Keep track of how many Shinx, how many Gyarados, and how many Salamence you've defeated. Then...

For Shinx: multiply the number defeated by 4
For Gyrados: multiply the number defeated by 2, then multiply that by 4
For Salamence: multiply the number defeated by 3, then multiply that by 4

Then add the total for each one together!

Hope I've helped! I'm new to EV training too but think I've grasped it...

He says that he's not fond of math, so let's make it easy OK?

If you only fight Shinx' witch gives out one atk. EV whit Pokerus and the Power Item for attack you must fight 25 of them to gain 250 Atk. EV, then remove the Power Item and beat one more for 252 attack EV.

For Gyarados (2 Atk. EV) you must beat 21 to reach 252.

For Salamence (3 Atk. EV) you must fight 16 to max it (or 15 to reach 240 and remove the Power Item, beat one more and get to 248 and then beat tho Shinx' w/o Power Item to reach 252), it's not recommended though because 1)It's hard to find anything that gives 3 EV point and 2)It's damn hard to keep track on it, I suggest that you fight those that gives you 1 or 2 EV.

Mkay thanks, I thought it was 25 - 1 EV yield
12 - 2 EV yield

And to double check I try using a vitamin on the stat I've been training, if no effect I've been successful.

I've looked all over for this and found nothing - I know you can use RNG abuse to fiddle with Pokemon stats - is it possible to do this with the in-game Lottery? Either to pick the # you want it to draw, or to know what the number is going to be so you can search accordingly for a Pokemon with matching numbers? I'd love to be able to reliably get myself more Master Balls without having to keep resetting a game copy.

I've looked all over for this and found nothing - I know you can use RNG abuse to fiddle with Pokemon stats - is it possible to do this with the in-game Lottery? Either to pick the # you want it to draw, or to know what the number is going to be so you can search accordingly for a Pokemon with matching numbers? I'd love to be able to reliably get myself more Master Balls without having to keep resetting a game copy.

Eh I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the lottery numbers are established at 00:00:01 every day. I know you can't sr for them like you could a shiny pokemon.

what you can do is save before you get the number then go to the "post trainer name etc" sticky & search for the trainer ID number (Ctrl+F) then ask them to trade you a pokemon

not ideal but hey it's better than nothing :p

or if you can RNG shinies - hit the trade forums & trade them for masterballs :)

Ok, in HeartGold, where is a good place to do a double battle? I want to teach my Smeargle certain moves, but I need a double battle to copy the move from a team mate. suggestions?

Shadow Lugia can only be obtained in the XD game right? Like I couldn't get him in that game, and transfer him to dppt or hggss? I've only ever played the main game so I'm a little clueless when it comes to the other games.

All shadow Pokemon are exclusive to the Cube games, and can't be transferred until they've been purified, so, no, you can't use him in the main series games.

This image is apparently official artwork for the Old Sea Map, which probably needs confirmation on that, but whether it is or not, could someone interpret it for me? Any time spent would be greatly appreciated.

Mapa_viejo.png

*To clarify, I'm asking for an interpretation of the MAP. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, in HeartGold, where is a good place to do a double battle? I want to teach my Smeargle certain moves, but I need a double battle to copy the move from a team mate. suggestions?

There are only two pairs of trainers in HGSS who can be rematched with the PokéGear: Young Couple Tim & Sue in Route 13 (Fridays 10:00-19:59 h) and Twins Kay & Tia at Route 15 (Saturday nights, 20:00-3:59 h). Both level up their Pokémon after some battles so you'll have problems trying to Sketch something with Smeargle unless it got a high level.

Unfortunately, as with many things in HGSS, Platinum wins in the Double battle department 'cause you can just use at any given time the Vs. Seeker to rebattle trainers, with Route 209 and 210 having weak pairs of trainers to fight and easily copy moves with Smeargle.

I have NO clue what just happened. HELP?

I attampted to release my lvl. 62 Charizard on HeartGold. The sprite faded, then reappeared, declaring that 'Charizard was worried about me.' What does this mean?

I attampted to release my lvl. 62 Charizard on HeartGold. The sprite faded, then reappeared, declaring that 'Charizard was worried about me.' What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom