• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A good moveset for gallade?

Psycho Cut for STAB and crit hit ratio

Stone Edge or Ice Punch for coverage against the flying type

Close Combat will maim any dark types (and 4 other types) that try to stop you. Plus you get STAB making it a powerful 180 BP move.

The last slot can be swords dance or night slash to deal with ghosts and opposing psychics. I personally prefer swords dance.

thanks, any other ideas? (not to be mean phantom class, i am just looking at other options)

Leaf Blade
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Swords Dance

Compatibility

Would like to know if japanese pokémon are compatible with english one like trading, battling, etc.

Re: Compatibility

Would like to know if japanese pokémon are compatible with english one like trading, battling, etc.

Yes, trading and battling is possible between games of different languages, and even encouraged through the GTS and Wi-Fi. However, it is impossible to migrate Pokemon from a 4th Generation game onto a 5th Generation game unless both games are of the same language.

I've got a breeding predicament.

I'm trying to breed a Sneazel that knows Ice Shard and Pursuit in Platinum. I got a male Raticate and a Dewgong and bred both with female Sneazels to get the moves into the race, but now I've got them on two separate male Sneazels. How can I get both moves on one Sneazel?

I've got a breeding predicament.

I'm trying to breed a Sneazel that knows Ice Shard and Pursuit in Platinum. I got a male Raticate and a Dewgong and bred both with female Sneazels to get the moves into the race, but now I've got them on two separate male Sneazels. How can I get both moves on one Sneazel?

You will need a female pokemon which knows both Ice Shard and Pursuit, and which is capable of breeding with Sneazel, in order to get a Sneazel with both of those egg moves.

Which, after checking Bulbapedia, I believe is impossible. Unless there is some CRAZY chain breeding I'm not familar with.

Last edited:
You will need a female pokemon which knows both Ice Shard and Pursuit, and which is capable of breeding with Sneazel, in order to get a Sneazel with both of those egg moves.

Which means you may have to do a bit of chain breeding. I'm honestly not even sure if it's possible.

No, its the Males that pass down the egg moves.

You can either teach these moves to a smeargle OR get a Sneasel with Pursuit and level it up to lvl 49. It learns ice shard at that level.

You can either teach these moves to a smeargle OR get a Sneasel with Pursuit and level it up to lvl 49. It learns ice shard at that level.

Whoops, males and not females, you're right. Females determine race. Man, I've not been breeding for ages.

Ah, you are correct my good sir. I wasn't aware that Sneasel and Weavile had slightly different move pools and was looking at the later.

When should I evolve my Togetic into Togekiss? Should I wait for her to learn Ancient Power? Or is that move not any good?

Ancient power isn't that good. only 60 power, with only a 10% chance of proccing it's effect. And while it's effect is really good... it also is lacking on the PP

Actually with Serene Grace it gets the boost more often?

I think you should try it and see what happens

Is it possible to alter a Pokemon's inherent IVs with the AR as well as things like shininess and the stats themselves?

When should I evolve my Togetic into Togekiss? Should I wait for her to learn Ancient Power? Or is that move not any good?
Ancient power isn't that good. only 60 power, with only a 10% chance of proccing it's effect. And while it's effect is really good... it also is lacking on the PP
Actually with Serene Grace it gets the boost more often?

I think you should try it and see what happens

Serene Grace would give AncientPower a 20% to boost all stats. However, I still wouldn't recommend it because on top of it's low PP and Power, it doesn't really give that good coverage alongside Air Slash, which should be Togekiss' main attack.

Is it possible to alter a Pokemon's inherent IVs with the AR as well as things like shininess and the stats themselves?
There are codes for altering those factors for wild Pokémon, but I don't believe there are ones for Pokémon that have already caught. I'm not really sure, however.

And pardon for asking, but wouldn't this go better in the Hacker's Simple Question thread?

Oh, this is the only FAQ thread that I'm subscribed to, so I immediately went here. Guess I'll go right there, then.

Please tell me I did not royally fuck myself on this one.

The power items, for EV training. They just double the number of EVs gained, right? So, if I fight a Starly, I get 2 Speed EVs instead of just one, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom