• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The power items, for EV training. They just double the number of EVs gained, right? So, if I fight a Starly, I get 2 Speed EVs instead of just one, right?

No...

Depending on the Power Item, it adds 4 EV points to a certain stat at the end of every battle, regardless of the Pokemon fought. Only the Macho Brace actually doubles the amount of EVs gained from a Pokemon after a battle.

Not your fault. I just need to do some intense Berry-farming over the next few days....

Please tell me I did not royally fuck myself on this one.

The power items, for EV training. They just double the number of EVs gained, right? So, if I fight a Starly, I get 2 Speed EVs instead of just one, right?

Doesn't Pokerus do that?

What pokemon can learn the most HM techniques for over world use? Is there a go to guy to cover as many bases as possible?

What pokemon can learn the most HM techniques for over world use? Is there a go to guy to cover as many bases as possible?
Well, Mew can learn all of the HMs. Smeargle can, too, but you need to Sketch them all. Personally, I like using Bibarel and Tropius to cover all eight HMs. There are probably others out there that can cover four or more HMs. You could use Veekun to search for a Pokemon that can learn the HMs you want.

Thanks for the input!

Follow up question, the Starters seem to be almost always male. Other than hacking, is there any method that will allow me to get a female starter of any generation (For the purposes of breeding)?

Thanks for the input!

Follow up question, the Starters seem to be almost always male. Other than hacking, is there any method that will allow me to get a female starter of any generation (For the purposes of breeding)?

They aren't always male. There's a 12.5% chance for them to be female.

So I've been EV training my Heatran in special attack and defence. After battling 60ish psyducks/golducks for special attack, I moved on to battle geodudes/gravellers/skarmories for defence. In the middle of the second bunch, Heatran finally went up a level (70 to 71) - I was expecting a massive boost in special attack and somewhat of a boost in defence... but the special attack only grew by 4 (despite the EVs being maxed out), and the defence by 30 odd! Why do you reckon her EVs weren't applied for special attack?

I know that EVs aren't all added at once, but Heatran is a high level and therefore should've had a significant amount added at that point (which worked for Regigigas). Very confused, I definitely didn't imagine all those psyducks!

Thanks for the input!

Breed them whit Ditto, 1 out of 8 should be female.

Ok, 2 more questions:
If you put an egg into the PC, does that reset or adversely effect your egg cycles? Will you loose steps i mean?

Seconds, if a male pokemon is bred with a ditto, will it produce a ditto or a pokemon of the male parent species (as opposed the the mother's as in normal breeding)?

Thanks!

no you will not lose steps, pokemon of the male species for the second question

So I've been EV training my Heatran in special attack and defence. After battling 60ish psyducks/golducks for special attack, I moved on to battle geodudes/gravellers/skarmories for defence. In the middle of the second bunch, Heatran finally went up a level (70 to 71) - I was expecting a massive boost in special attack and somewhat of a boost in defence... but the special attack only grew by 4 (despite the EVs being maxed out), and the defence by 30 odd! Why do you reckon her EVs weren't applied for special attack?

I know that EVs aren't all added at once, but Heatran is a high level and therefore should've had a significant amount added at that point (which worked for Regigigas). Very confused, I definitely didn't imagine all those psyducks!

It happens. If you know you've battled all those Psyduck, then the EVs will simply be applied gradually.

So, in regards to the walk through walls thing I mentioned earlier, what happens when you walk "into" a person blocking the way, and you then press A right where they are? Like, if they were obstructing the way to a surfing area, or something, and you want to get through, and everything, for instance.

Um, I am posting another question. Not an answer...

If a ribbon is attached to a Pokemon, does the ribbon prevent the Pokemon from being traded? I heard that ribbon prevents the Pokemon from being deposited into GTS, but how about direct trades?

I hear two kinds of ribbons prevent trading (via GTS, can't remember which specifically), but the others are okay to go. Look up GTS on Bulbapedia, and you'll probably find a better answer.

It happens. If you know you've battled all those Psyduck, then the EVs will simply be applied gradually.

Going by the original explanation, it seems that something went wrong with the Sp. Attack training, as a Heatran of that level should have had a somewhat large increase in Sp. Attack giving that it gained 252/255 EVs from level 70 to 71, even with a hindering nature.
To the original poster: Are you sure your Heatran didn't already have gained the EVs? If you put it on the storage system before the level-up triggered (but after the EV training in Sp. Attack was completed), then the Sp. Attack was recalculated (i.e. the EVs were applied to the stat calculation formula) before it could level-up, so maybe that's the reason of why it just gained the "usual" stat points.

Kenshi said:
I hear two kinds of ribbons prevent trading (via GTS, can't remember which specifically), but the others are okay to go. Look up GTS on Bulbapedia, and you'll probably find a better answer.

In fact, there are more Ribbons aside from the Classic and Premier that prevent trading the Pokémon in the GTS, though mentioning them is pointless as no official event Pokémon have been released with them.

Last edited:
I'm playing SoulSilver, and I looked for when the Rival re-matches you. I found Monday and Wednesday, so I left it at that. He was there Monday, as I expected. But when I went Wendesday, he wasn't there. Does he only appear Monday, or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom