• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisui Dex Discussion

I made an account just to mention something i realised. We probably wont see rotom and its forms in this game due to the obvious non existance of the technology that is the Pokemons gimmick. Similar with fossil mons unless theres some ancient way of bringing them back to life.

I mean, we likely won't see any Electric Pokemon since Electricity seems non-existent (As such, makes no sense to have Electric type Pokemon).

Aside from this: Voltorb regional variant incoming perhaps. Grass type.

I mean, we likely won't see any Electric Pokemon since Electricity seems non-existent (As such, makes no sense to have Electric type Pokemon).

I don't agree with that, just because we werent able to store electricity as we do now, didn't mean things like lightning didn't exist.

We’ve already seen Shinx. Electricity is as much an ancient and natural phenomenon as it is used in modern technology. Animalistic electric types weren’t “invented” nor did they come into existence once electricity was harnessed.

I don't agree with that, just because we werent able to store electricity as we do now, didn't mean things like lightning didn't exist.

Yeah I don't see why Electric pokemon wouldn't be there. I mean we already have Pikachu and Shinx so I don't think there's going to be any absent types.

I guess a better question would be whether certain Pokemon like Porygon, Magnemite, Grimer or Klink would exist. Although I think in the case of Grimer and Klink it's probably a moot point since they weren't in the sinnoh region to begin with. I think the Magnemite family will probably be there (since I looked it up and it doesn't actually mention them being man made)....not sure about Porygon though.

I think it's worth considering though that in the Pokemon world a Pokemon like Klink was suspected to be the inspiration for how gears work, so even if they did show up in these games it wouldn't be strange because Klink came first before the technology.

I think the Porygon line is the only one that might be left out. It's easily the most "man-made" (and recently man-made as well) pokemon around...along with Mewtwo. (and I guess Genesect)

On the other hand the legends of the sinnoh region control time and space...so it's not exactly outside the realm of possibilities that a Porygon shows up next to a portal or something. It would be kinda funny if a time anomaly meant Porygon was already documented in a pokedex even before it was created.

I think the Porygon line is the only one that might be left out. It's easily the most "man-made" (and recently man-made as well) pokemon around...along with Mewtwo. (and I guess Genesect).

Assuming were counting pokemon not in Sinnoh. Ditto wouldnt be able to appear either due to being failed Mew clones.

Edit: Atleast, I think thats canon? Let me know if thats just a fan theory or not,

Assuming were counting pokemon not in Sinnoh. Ditto wouldnt be able to appear either due to being failed Mew clones.

Edit: Atleast, I think thats canon? Let me know if thats just a fan theory or not,

That's a theory, a very strong one admittedly, but still not confirmed, although it was hinted at, they could always break it.

It’s a fan theory. We don’t actually know how Ditto originated.

Yeah I don't see why Electric pokemon wouldn't be there. I mean we already have Pikachu and Shinx so I don't think there's going to be any absent types.

I guess a better question would be whether certain Pokemon like Porygon, Magnemite, Grimer or Klink would exist. Although I think in the case of Grimer and Klink it's probably a moot point since they weren't in the sinnoh region to begin with. I think the Magnemite family will probably be there (since I looked it up and it doesn't actually mention them being man made)....not sure about Porygon though.

I think it's worth considering though that in the Pokemon world a Pokemon like Klink was suspected to be the inspiration for how gears work, so even if they did show up in these games it wouldn't be strange because Klink came first before the technology.

I think the Porygon line is the only one that might be left out. It's easily the most "man-made" (and recently man-made as well) pokemon around...along with Mewtwo. (and I guess Genesect)

On the other hand the legends of the sinnoh region control time and space...so it's not exactly outside the realm of possibilities that a Porygon shows up next to a portal or something. It would be kinda funny if a time anomaly meant Porygon was already documented in a pokedex even before it was created.

Spheal and Sealeo weren't in Sinnoh originally either.

About Ditto - While its a fan-theory, LGPE heavily implied it was a failed Mew clone.

Spheal and Sealeo weren't in Sinnoh originally either.

About Ditto - While its a fan-theory, LGPE heavily implied it was a failed Mew clone.

Off-topic but how exactly did LGPE in particular imply this? I'm familiar with the theory as a whole, I just didn't know LGPE specifically implied anything we didn't already know.

Last edited:
I made an account just to mention something i realised. We probably wont see rotom and its forms in this game due to the obvious non existance of the technology that is the Pokemons gimmick. Similar with fossil mons unless theres some ancient way of bringing them back to life.
Yeah, I'd also say that Electode/Voltorb (sentient Pokeballs, Pokeballs aren't invented yet), and the Porygon line (based on computer graphics, and there's no computers yet), also won't be in this game.

The idea of this game is to create the original Sinnoh Dex. I assumed it would be the one from Diamond and Pearl. But Gallade was seen in the trailer, which I know is one of those evolutions added in the Platinum Dex and required the National Dex to obtain in the original Diamond and Pearl. And Arceus still isn't in the Sinnoh Dex even after Platinum. And someone was talking about Spheal. Why was the Sinnoh Dex cut down so much in the original Diamond and Pearl?

So I'm looking through the National Dex and trying to come up with a list of Pokemon I think could be in:

All of Platinum's 210 minus Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone, Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z (too high tech to have existed at the time)
Heatran + Regirock + Regice + Registeel + Regigigas + Cresselia + Darkrai (+ Manaphy + Shaymin + Regieleki + Regidraco?)
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Spearow/Fearow
Ekans/Arbok
Vulpix/Ninetales
Paras/Parasect
Venonat/Venomoth
Mankey/Primeape
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Farfetch'd
Doduo/Dodrio
Seel/Dewgong
Cubone/Marowak
Lapras
Sentret/Furret
Ledyba/Ledian
Spinarak/Ariados
Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
Sunkern/Sunflora
Pineco/Forretress
Teddiursa/Ursaring
Slugma/Magcargo
Corsola
Skarmory
Phanpy/Donphan
Stantler
Poochyena/Mightyena
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Taillow/Swellow
Surskit/Masquerain
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja
Makuhita/Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Volbeat/Illumise
Carvanha/Sharpedo
Numel/Camerupt
Spinda
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Cacnea/Cacturne
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Kecleon
Baltoy/Claydol
Shuppet/Banette
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
Relicanth
Patrat/Watchog
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith
Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede
Darumaka/Darmanitan
Sigilyph
Zorua/Zoroark
Karrablast/Escavalier
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
Cubchoo/Beartic
Cryogonal
Shelmet/Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienfoo/Mienshao
Golett/Golurk
Pawniard/Bisharp
Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon
Litleo/Pyroar
Skiddo/Gogoat
Pancham/Pangoro
Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
Phantump/Trevenant
Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Yungoos/Gumshoos
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Komala
Bruxish

Unless my math is off, this is about 386 Pokemon right here, so throw in about 14 more to round it out to 400 and you've got a pretty good roster here.

As modern technology wasn't around in the 1800s, there were no electronics (as far as I'm aware) how can we actually create a pokedex?
Will it all be written and drawn in that book?

As modern technology wasn't around in the 1800s, there were no electronics (as far as I'm aware) how can we actually create a pokedex?
Will it all be written and drawn in that book?

That would be my guess. We're probably creating the first "Sinnoh Dex" in the sense that we're going out and writing down a list of Pokemon that appear in the region and descriptions of them. The high tech device that we know of as a Pokedex was probably what Prof. Oak invented in the modern era.

In regards to Rotom, an artist on tumblr/deviantart called cosmopoliturtle redesigned Rotom and made its forms more low-tech:
pokemon__479_by_cosmopoliturtle_dbvfjpx-fullview.png
So I could see something this like where Rotom possess low-tech objects; we might even see a non-Electric variant.

As for the fossils, they could probably come up with some handwavy magic/temporal reasoning, or there could be isolated areas in Sinnoh with pre-historic Pokémon.

In regards to Rotom, an artist on tumblr/deviantart called cosmopoliturtle redesigned Rotom and made its forms more low-tech:
pokemon__479_by_cosmopoliturtle_dbvfjpx-fullview.png
So I could see something this like where Rotom possess low-tech objects; we might even see a non-Electric variant.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Rotom seen in the DP beta leak. It would fit with how it’s yet to come across the motors and other forms of technology it would go on to possess later on in history.

Rotom would probably inhabit anything that has mechanical parts, yes?

Wind up tin toys were a thing at this time. What if instead of winding them up, they're just posessed by rotom.
I think the things it inhabits have to be either electrical or battery powered. It’s a bit vague since all of the things it inhabits for its forms have specialized motors (hence its name), but it’s also know to go into TVs, outlets, and toy robots.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom