• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: The Sinnoh Journey

Reaction score
@Lyrebird; @Flaze; @Scholar; @Blake Belladonna; @Heroic Sociopath; After a long, painful hour, I finished chapter one. Haha, have fun reading.

Sinnoh Journey fic

-------------------

I rolled out of my bed, quickly banging my arm on the night stand next to it. After cussing to myself, I pulled myself off of the floor using the stand and shakily walked towards the closet.

Ok, so where’s my t-shirt and jeans.’ I thought to myself, tapping my chin. My hand continued to feel around the various shirts and jackets until I finally found what I wanted. My t-shirt and jeans. The t-shirt was a light green in color and had a simple gold pokeball symbol on the front. My jeans were plain old blue jeans.

I looked in my mirror to notice that my blue eyes seemed tired and worn out. My hair was a dark brown in color, and was currently in a messy bun. I noted to myself that I appeared older since my tenth birthday a few days ago.

“Dana!” I heard my mother call for me. “Get your lazy ass down here!” With a groan, I slowly trudged down the steps and make my way into the kitchen. What a lovely way to be greeted.

“Morning, mom.” I said, refusing to make eye contact with her. Walking over to the fridge and seeing what it had to offer, I quickly found some cold cereal and milk. The box seemed like it had seen better days. “I’m ready to go to the trainer schoo-“

“Oh, silly Dana!” She chirped, clapping her hands together. “Today is the day you start your very own Pokémon journey!” The cereal box was flung into the air and into my mom’s face.

“What?!” I exclaimed, completely ignoring anything else. “Wh- Why didn’t you tell me yesterday?!” My mother’s face grew grave as she attempted to get the cereal off of it. She walked over to me and glared at me.

“I thought it would be a….” She began to think, a thoughtful frown on her face. “A pleasant surprise.” She glanced down at her clock. “You should get going.”

“But it wasn’t a nice surprise.”

“Get out now.”

“What?” I asked, somewhat surprised at her sudden sternness. “But I have to pack my stuff. It was a ‘pleasant surprise’ after all.” Next thing I knew, I was out on my ass outside near the front door. What a lovely way to be kicked out. I noticed Professor Rowan was walking towards the house.

“Good Morning, Professor~! I was about to pick up my starter and pokede-“

“Is your mother home?” He suddenly asked, his eyes frantically looking around the house for any sign of my mom.

“Umm, yes?” I replied.

“Good.” He said, a mischievous grin on his face. “Hohoho…good.” Rowan walked right past me and pushed the front door open.

“But what about my…” The door slammed closed. “Journey.” With yet another sigh I began to grumble to myself. ‘Stupid mom. Stupid professor. Stupid Pokémon. No one ever understands me! Either people love me too much, or just hate me!’

I made quick pace to the laboratory to pick up my stuff anyway. The lab was next door to my house, so the trip took me about 2 minutes. I approached the door and opened it, feeling the cool breeze of air conditioning brush against my face.

“I’m here!” I called out to whoever was in there. Three pokeballs sat on the table near the back and a cute young male (Not as cute as N~! <3 lol!!) stood next to them, looking at each one. He had blonde hair and wore a white hoodie with tan khakis.

“Who are you?” He turned around and smiled at me. His smile made me blush a light pink. “My name is Steven.” His hand reached out to shake mine. “What’s your name?”

“O- Oh, uh…” I stuttered. “I’m Danie, I mean Dianna, I mean Dana!” I spit out, violently shaking my head at my stupidness. My hand shook his.

“Dana.” He quietly repeated my name as if to get acquainted with it. “Now we need a nickname for something as lovely as that.” He muttered, tapping his chin in deep thought. “How about D-kins?”

“Wh-What?!” I exclaimed, backing away from him a little bit.

“Oh, you don’t like that? How about Lil’ D?”

I quickly shook my head.

“I’ve got it!” He suddenly yelled, smashing his fisted him into the palm of his other hand. “I’ll call you Big D!”

“O-Oh, that sounds mighty and empowering.” I managed to say, a blush still present on my cheeks. Looking back over at the pokeballs, I noticed the three starters for the Sinnoh region. Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar. “S- S- So, what are you picking, Steven?”

“Chimchar.” He suddenly said. “W-Well, you can pick first, Big D.”

“What a gentleman.” I said, a pleasant smile on my face. Well, I obviously couldn’t choose Chimchar. Steven wanted it. That left the last two, Piplup and Turtwig.

“Hmm…” I mused, looking over the two pokeballs. “Which one of you two want to join me?” The pokeballs slightly moved towards me, and I could see the Pokémon through the transparent top of the balls. They both seemed eager to join me and leave the lab.

“Well would you look at that!” Steven heartily laughed. “It looks like they both want to join you!” After finishing his sentence, the Turtwig and Chimchar both nodded at me. “You must be a kind person with a kind heart.”

His words made me blush again. “Are you sure it’s okay I take both?”

“I’m sure of it.”

With a happy grin, I picked up the two pokeballs and put them in my bag. I said goodbye to Steven and ran out of the lab. The grin became a frown once I noticed my house was on fire.

“Serves them right.” Steven said, happily grinning at the flames. His red eyes absolutely sparkled in the light from the fire.

“And that’s why I love you.” I said, watching the house burn with him. “Thank you, Chimchar.” I looked at the Pokémon and winked at it. It sexily winked back at me.

I’m telling you, this is a true masterpiece!

Last edited:
Rowan is like the feeling of emotion when you are gruff. I feel that Rowan is the emotion and I can understand nothing about it. I feel that the mother is showing that she can be the broken piece of Dana.

I can't wait for Chapter two you ain't winning this.

I feel like there's some kind of background information to this story that I don't know, preventing me from seriously commenting on it. xDD

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom