• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zexy imagine playing in a game with two cults. :p Living hell for a member of the Mafia, let alone the Town.
What would happen if Cult 1 tried to recruit someone in Cult 2, though?
It would be madness between cult members as well...
I have.

It's weird
Wow. I've heard of strange games being hosted in your homesite, but nothing like that so far...

I've also another question, from the same site as the recruitment site.

What are you're opinions on events in a game? I've never seen these before, but seem to be fairly popular on the site of question

Events can be pretty nice in games, but they need proper balancing etc.

I've played huge games with many events, it is an interesting concept.

What would happen if Cult 1 tried to recruit someone in Cult 2, though?
It would be madness between cult members as well...

then the person in Cult 2 becomes a member of Cult 1. At least, that would be the mechanic of the game I'm talking about.

Unless you're Alice. She's a member of Town, Cult 1, and an Event-activated 3P.

What are you're opinions on events in a game? I've never seen these before, but seem to be fairly popular on the site of question
Events only belong in particularly large games imo, they help keep the game moving, but are too much for smaller games. Even on bigger games on that site, they stop happening once player numbers drop low enough.

4c3d15f14b.jpg

I think anything that adds a bit of uniqueness to a game is always good... and anything that can mix things up and keep the players on their toes can be fun.

Video Game Mafia, which I hosted with @Zexy nearly had a random event system. Items could spawn, and powers could randomly go off at random targets (including the powers owner) but I nuked the concept because I wanted to keep things simple for my first game, and it'd probably take a while and a lot of work to ensure the system was balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom