• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much Greek and Latin letters that it makes you want to learn the cyrillic alphabet just to get a break!

Maybe I'm a bit jaded against Gen VI because I saw too many Xs, Ys, and Zs in my multivariable calculus and linear algebra/differential equations classes.

I also saw a lot of thetas, rhos, and a smattering of other Greek letters.
There's no way you've seen more Greek letters than me!
There's so much Greek and Latin letters that it makes you want to learn the cyrillic alphabet just to get a break!
I've learned the cyrillic alphabet; it is harder than the Greek one. And before you call bias because Greek is my native language, I'd point out that there are 24 characters in Greek and 33 in Russian.

My major complaint about XY too. I was not pleased with the story, but despite it being bland it was standard enough for a Pokémon game that I couldn't really hate it for it. But there was so much just hollow content taking up space without being really engaging or interesting. And there was so much just... extra stuff in there that made things more complicated than they needed to be. Locations, items, new abilities, even some of the new moves. I just don't feel like XY added much to the franchise as a whole.
I dunno if i'd call it standard. The other games in the series at least had engaging stories. But this. So much this.

sorry if I angered anyone here.
Learn2Converse?

Seriously, this is what forums are for. Discussion. Talking about why we came here. I guess some discussions can get heated, but as long as we stay respectful even when disagreeing... :)

I've seen many complaints about the EXP Share's early introduction in XY which never made sense to me.

Personally, i feel the exp share removed the grind. It didn't make the game easier, and turning it off doesn't make it harder. It's a grind remover.

Amie on the other hand... I love it, don't get me wrong, but it does make the game very easy.

Personally, i feel the exp share removed the grind. It didn't make the game easier, and turning it off doesn't make it harder. It's a grind remover.

Amie on the other hand... I love it, don't get me wrong, but it does make the game very easy.

True. I hope it returns in Sun/Moon in the early game. If there are those that don't like it just don't use if you want to preserve the "original" oh so brilliant Pokemon difficulty :p. It's good optional content and I find great use in it. I made a level 100 Latias before the league while training a large amount of Pokemon to get them all to evolve, and I ended up not using Latias to streamroll the E4 and found difficulty against the Ghost-type E4 member and Steven. Yeah Amie is even more overpowered, but Super Training allowing you to have the EVs you want easily is even more useful in the early game.

Sun/Moon is the perfect opportunity for GameFreak to make a much better 3DS game. The 3DS has been out for 5 years and plenty of developers have tried using the system to its full potential. With the much better graphics and even new gameplay content (much more informative UI, 4-way battles, new typings, moves and unique abilities) Sun/Moon is looking like it's going to be a great entry.

A TWR tournament would be cool! Playing against somebody's main team when we both have the same amount of badges would be fun too.

A TWR tournament could be fun... but I think I'll just concede now... I mean, I suck when it comes to raising pokemon in the games. Especially since I refuse to use Megas and Legendaries in serious battles.

It's just for some simple and quick fun. What would you rather say? That you missed out on a potentially fun experience, or that you did something you usually wouldn't do? IIRC, Pokemon levels can be set to level 50. We could make our own rules on what to allow, like how many Pokemon allowed, if the Pokemon have to be same ones used or not, etc. There's the issue of spots, but maybe it could be the kind of tournament where the player with the most wins, wins it?

A TWR tournament could be fun... but I think I'll just concede now... I mean, I suck when it comes to raising pokemon in the games. Especially since I refuse to use Megas and Legendaries in serious battles.
You could battle me if we did! I don't use Megas or legendaries either and I don't breed for IVs so we might be on pretty equal terms. (y)

You could battle me if we did! I don't use Megas or legendaries either and I don't breed for IVs so we might be on pretty equal terms. (y)
I might have a chance against you then xD I'm still remembering my utter defeat when I first battled EO about a year or so ago... He wiped the floor with my pokemon in ten seconds flat!

If he wants to use dittos, let him. I'll just send in a grass pokemon with a bad moveset, let him transform, then switch out for Arcanine.... xD

EDIT: Oh and I'll have a water type - probably Blastoise - incase he manages to copy arcanine :p
But what if he manages to copy that Blastoise? You'll go into that... uh... Sunkern of yours that probably doesn't even have a Grass move on its bad moveset? :p

Seriously though if you want to beat Dittos just bring a 'mon with Illusion or Subsitiute since that just prevents them form transforming in the first place.

But what if he manages to copy that Blastoise? You'll go into that... uh... Sunkern of yours that probably doesn't even have a Grass move on its bad moveset? :p

Seriously though if you want to beat Dittos just bring a 'mon with Illusion or Subsitiute since that just prevents them form transforming in the first place.

If this is a six on six match, i could have a venusaur on standby.... And my pokemon could have moves designed to defeat my other pokemon. :p

Again, Sub and Illusion just prevents them from Transforming in the first place, so if you have that then they can't do anything and you just win.

Oh, and I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a tourney of sorts using in-game 'mons at every Badge or so, but there's always the issue of x person getting father ahead then y person at a given time or something along those lines, so I don't know where I'm going with this if you lot're up for it so am I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom