• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine.
I'm gonna have lots of fun with my lego movie mafia...
Also planning to do a layton themed mafia about Christmas time when school isn't in the way so it can be big.

Fine.
I'm gonna have lots of fun with my lego movie mafia...
Also planning to do a layton themed mafia about Christmas time when school isn't in the way so it can be big.

That's actually a bad assumption. Christmas time is also is finals time, especially for those of us in college. And those working in things like retail are going to have hell schedules for the holiday. Make sure you take that into consideration when making your game.

All these games you guys have planned and none have been announced in the game thread :0

I'll add them all to the upcoming games list but I wont leave any dates so no pressure. The list is looking pretty empty at the moment is all.

Neon's Sports Anime/Manga Mafia is nearing final stages of completion. Should be up sometime this weekend.

Would someone mind doing me a huge favour, and helping me with the roles for my Mario Bros mafia?

I've developed a huge distaste for D1. The majority of the time, the town is just going mis-lynch, and it's not like you can defend yourself. A large amount of the time we lynch for less than stellar evidence, like starting a wagon in joke votes, or being too offensive. At the same time you don't want to No-Lynch, because you'll have nothing at all to go on, and if you caused the NL you better prepare to have suspicion on you the next day, no matter the intention.

Just the nature of D1 I guess.

I've developed a huge distaste for D1. The majority of the time, the town is just going mis-lynch, and it's not like you can defend yourself. A large amount of the time we lynch for less than stellar evidence, like starting a wagon in joke votes, or being too offensive. At the same time you don't want to No-Lynch, because you'll have nothing at all to go on, and if you caused the NL you better prepare to have suspicion on you the next day, no matter the intention.

Just the nature of D1 I guess.

This is the troubling world we live in. In a game where D1 comes before you are allowed to use your actions, and you aren't allowed to claim in any way, you have absolutely no way to protect yourself. So if people latch onto something you say (even if it has another intended meaning), you're going to get lynched. And not for a good reason either. People are just hung up on lynching D1 even though there is nothing to go on. Myself, I've always been a proponent of no lynching on D1, and I don't understand the thought process behind forcing a lynch instead at all costs.

Exactly. Just thinking more over past games, where I pushed a lynch for the sake of it(I myself am guilty of it) we get information that puts us in an even worse position from lynching a lot of the time. Whether it's developing suspicion for one of those that forced a lynch for the sake of it, or someone who defended scum simply because the evidence wasn't there.

But another aspect is I'm afraid to do things negative in others eyes such as tying votes with bad reasoning. Despite the fact I have gotten suspicion over it, I don't want to be lynched. It's not because of the town, it's because I want to keep playing.

Exactly. Just thinking more over past games, where I pushed a lynch for the sake of it(I myself am guilty of it) we get information that puts us in an even worse position from lynching a lot of the time. Whether it's developing suspicion for one of those that forced a lynch for the sake of it, or someone who defended scum simply because the evidence wasn't there.

But another aspect is I'm afraid to do things negative in others eyes such as tying votes with bad reasoning. Despite the fact I have gotten suspicion over it, I don't want to be lynched. It's not because of the town, it's because I want to keep playing.

I get that. I'm eternally thankful when I get a role that can protect myself, simply because I can act like an idiot and go off of my bizarre hunches with my only worry being to piece together my innocence for everyone else.

Not to push my game or anything, but in making it, I kind of thought a lot about what I don't like in games and how I can make it a different experience. I'm not going to spoil things, but I plan on mixing things up from phase to phase to make things interesting.

^I'm pretty excited for that ^_^

Though I do hope you aren't too open in your game. Sure creating a fake Role PM is fine since we know it could be fake(Except time caps on the page meaning you'd have to ask around the same time as confirming), but I really don't like knowing a game's set-up. Recently hosts have been very open information wise about that.

^I'm pretty excited for that ^_^

Though I do hope you aren't too open in your game. Sure creating a fake Role PM is fine since we know it could be fake(Except time caps on the page meaning you'd have to ask around the same time as confirming), but I really don't like knowing a game's set-up. Recently hosts have been very open information wise about that.

I'm not really going to spoil my goal or philosophy for how things work in game. I think that would give away too much, but I am planning on letting players shape their own approach to the game. I think it's interesting when players do things outside of what the host expects, so I want to facilitate that and let players create their own approaches to victory.

As well, I want to experiment with things like having actions available to everyone on night 0. That way, their confirmation for receiving their role can be to simply use their ability. I'll post explaining some of the different mechanics when the game is closer to being full.

*taps microphone*

aLXKGRy.png

Assassinate the Target is back, featuring a theme, strategy, and Korosensei!

Coming soon to War Rooms near you.

*taps microphone*

aLXKGRy.png

Assassinate the Target is back, featuring a theme, strategy, and Korosensei!

Coming soon to War Rooms near you.

Sounds cool. I never got far into the manga, but I'll probably pick it back up when this comes around =D

Still need a few more players for Sockpuppet Mafia. It will be fun, just ask the few people still around about past ones. So yeah, come out and join us.

I'm back, though I'm not sure how if I'll have enough time to join another game for a while (though I'll try desperately to make it by the Assassination Classroom game). Sorry I had to drop out entirely for a bit, ended up going back to school and starting a new job at the same time so I kind of had to drop everything else, though the dust is finally settling a bit. Also, I apparently won an award, though the topic was locked by the time I saw it, so thanks for that and congrats to the other winners! Anyway, how's the old gang doing?

I'm back, though I'm not sure how if I'll have enough time to join another game for a while (though I'll try desperately to make it by the Assassination Classroom game). Sorry I had to drop out entirely for a bit, ended up going back to school and starting a new job at the same time so I kind of had to drop everything else, though the dust is finally settling a bit. Also, I apparently won an award, though the topic was locked by the time I saw it, so thanks for that and congrats to the other winners! Anyway, how's the old gang doing?
WB

Lego movie mafia is changing to red dwarf mafia!
[video=youtube;GXmt7Ebgy-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmt7Ebgy-8[/video]
Is there anyone who knows they won't be available for Christmas so that I can get a second opinion on the roles?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom