• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My other username is Maniacal Engineer.

Guess why!
Oh dear.
That doesn't even warrant a guess, but here:

So, one thing I want to clarify before jumping into a game - how does the outside thread communication thing work anyway? I'm from forums that disallow all outside thread communication unless specified by role.

Oh dear.
That doesn't even warrant a guess, but here:

So, one thing I want to clarify before jumping into a game - how does the outside thread communication thing work anyway? I'm from forums that disallow all outside thread communication unless specified by role.

First of all, that video is hilarious.

As far as your question regarding OC, it depends on the game host. For example, Elieson's mafia game prohibits OC, while my game (which has since finished) allowed OC.
In this forum, OC can work in several ways.
On the old server, QuickTopic was used a lot, as only up to 5 people could be involved in a single conversation and we had a maximum PM limit.
PMs were another way of communication, and are generally used to submit actions to the hosts, unless you are mafia, in which case you have your own QT, where action and the NK are submitted. Skype has also been used for OC in some games.
If OC is allowed, it is usually allowed whenever normal in-thread communication is allowed, which will include Night ohases in some games.

Basically, read the rules of the game and you should know what the OC policy for that game is.

First of all, that video is hilarious.

As far as your question regarding OC, it depends on the game host. For example, Elieson's mafia game prohibits OC, while my game (which has since finished) allowed OC.
In this forum, OC can work in several ways.
On the old server, QuickTopic was used a lot, as only up to 5 people could be involved in a single conversation and we had a maximum PM limit.
PMs were another way of communication, and are generally used to submit actions to the hosts, unless you are mafia, in which case you have your own QT, where action and the NK are submitted. Skype has also been used for OC in some games.
If OC is allowed, it is usually allowed whenever normal in-thread communication is allowed, which will include Night ohases in some games.

Basically, read the rules of the game and you should know what the OC policy for that game is.
Haha, I was browsing random cat videos last summer and happened upon it.

Okay, ty!

PM conversations in this new software has a max of 20 participants. I had suggested upping the limit to the webmaster for this purpose.

This is true, but I'm still not entirely sure that we don't have a maximum limit for number of PMs/conversations we can have at a time. I suppose I could ask about that, but BAG must have infected ME with the laziness virus again, so I kinda need to take care of that...at some point.

This is true, but I'm still not entirely sure that we don't have a maximum limit for number of PMs/conversations we can have at a time. I suppose I could ask about that, but BAG must have infected ME with the laziness virus again, so I kinda need to take care of that...at some point.
I don't think we do, because it'd tell you how many you can hold, i would think.

We can always tag @Archaic to find out if there is a maximum limit to the number of pm conversations you can have active.

@TheCapsFan; I'm hawk on MU. Hi :p
@Elieson; is that a yes? Create an MU account and PM Wild West Host, and thank you <3

Honestly, it was more or less sarcasm, as I'm about as intimidating as a wet noodle in a training potty. I'm still getting used to things around here; not sure if I want to dive into another new environment so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom