• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
lfhcdfcpxq5x.jpg

They did it. They actually did it.

Chrom just can't get a break, can he

4 days for me.
should I go random punster to spite ME? or how about a follow up to my IGN username with the even more biased and trollish gamespot?
or should I "return" to my full username of returnofmastercrazyhand?
only time will tell.
If you go back to your original
Be the new improved "ReturnofMasterCrazyHand"
Do it for me

Hey! I played mafia once with my friends before as a board game, so I'm interested in this.

Hey! I played mafia once with my friends before as a board game, so I'm interested in this.
Welcome~ ^-^ The forum version is (probably) a fair bit different than the version you played, so you might want to watch a game or two first.
If you want to jump right in, however, I'd say the Pokemon Starters game is your best choice.

Welcome~ ^-^ The forum version is (probably) a fair bit different than the version you played, so you might want to watch a game or two first.
If you want to jump right in, however, I'd say the Pokemon Starters game is your best choice.
Thanks! I probably should but I already joined the chaos game. I may get overwhelmed with 2 games.

Well, Pokemon Starters looks much more beginner-friendly than Chaos II which will be, as the title says, chaotic.

Well, Pokemon Starters looks much more beginner-friendly than Chaos II which will be, as the title says, chaotic.

Just out of curiosity, have there been attempts to attract new users into the game? Pokemon Starters mafia would be a good game to attract new members into the War Room.

Just out of curiosity, have there been attempts to attract new users into the game? Pokemon Starters mafia would be a good game to attract new members into the War Room.
Pokemon Starters doesn't look like a good game to attract new members into TWR, in my opinion, because the concepts of the game's Role acquisition are atypical. Sure, neat things like conceptual role acquisition and the like are exciting, but it's a daunting task to make something New and Original [Gimmicky] look appealing to an unfamiliar audience. Saying "it's traditional except for the part that isn't" doesn't really count because even with the simplicity of explanation, there's a lot of rule basics to throw out there that stack ontop of an unfamiliar ruleset (You have time to read through TWR Rules, then jump back into the signups thread?)

Not like I think the game is gonna be a bad game based on the setup premise, I just think it's a bit unfriendly to new players who don't know the ins and outs of normal mafia or even something that's completely defined as a new mafia (like my EiMMs). With the lack of OC, new players are gonna be forced to practice not only newly learned basics that vets already know, but new practices custom for this game. It's probably more "intimidating" than anything else, and suggests that someone will need to become awfully invested to figure it all out, as they can only really ask questions to the Mod in private, or the Game in public.

If the game were to include something like OC where the various Types/Generations each had stacking chatrooms, (Three 6-person chatrooms & Six 3-person chatrooms) I think that this game would be much more newbie-friendly, because new players could ask any questions they have right on the fly and get an answer back almost immediately, to a core group of players that they may have better chemistry with than others. While I have my reservations against OC games, I do concede that it's a great coaching environment for newer faces.

That's just my .02 on the game. With signups being rather slow to fill...some catch to attract an audience would be neat. While the flavor and theme of the game fit Bulba, the unstable summer schedule of many players probably has the biggest impact on signups, followed by unfamiliarity of core rulesets.

There are a few nice things about Pokemon Starters that may make it appealing to beginners; the theme, it allowing outside chat, the fact that until evolutions happen, everyone is vanilla; this makes the game quite simple for a long while. It is simpler than most other games TWR has to offer for the close future, and these two months are our most active anyway. Summer schedules, even if sometimes unstable, allow more people to play mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom