• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. They overloaded you with 4 traveling companions, and, ultimately, none of them are very memorable.

I like Sycamore, though...

They should have given us story that focuses on each... on their own, like we got with Shauna (a couple of times).

I dunno. I found Sycamore's go get them attitude boring to be honest.

But he's not the reason why i dislike the games. Bland story, Bland region, EASY region...

Hey, i like easy games... so when I am saying it's too easy, take note.

The reigon and story where not bland.
I'll give you the easy part at least.
And there are MUCH worse games out there.
X and Y are currenrtly my second favorite main games.

Over all, I can't even really remember most of the Gen VI Pokémon.
There are a couple of non-Legendary exceptions like Greninja, Tyrantrum, Talonflame, and Klefki, but I can really take or leave most of them.

Gen VII has me excited already, and the game hasn't even been released yet.

Can't argue with this, even if I think XY's story is bland. Just look at all the shovelware on STEAM, the Wii, and video game crash-era Atari 2600.

Haha. Touche.

But x and y are still worse than any recent triple A game.

I can have my opinion on XY's story, and I think they are anything but bland.

Respectfully, you can say that all you want but you won't find too many that share that opinion.

Kalos was rushed. They gave us a bland region, a legendary just thrown in for numbers, two boring box legendaries, and a new mechanic that threw out the balance. It also gave us boring companions, very few new pokemon, and an evil team that feels like they were just slapped on at the end.

They did have something going with the war plot, but it was sadly barely touched.

If it wasn't for the gen 3 remakes, I'd have written gen 6 off.

They didn't even try.

Edit: i think the blandness is why half the fandom is desperately hoping for a new kaloa game

Over all, I can't even really remember most of the Gen VI Pokémon.
There are a couple of non-Legendary exceptions like Greninja, Tyrantrum, Talonflame, and Klefki, but I can really take or leave most of them.

Gen VII has me excited already, and the game hasn't even been released yet.

I have mixed feelings for gen 7. A lot of it excites me. Then i get rainbow fish.... Hipster fish as caps put it. That and Litten.... Ugh.

On the other hand. Trainers visible in battle? What took so long?!

Last edited:
Sonicboomwiiu.jpg

SAHNIK BOUM, SAHNIK BOUM, SAHNIK BOUM!

Opinions can be wrong however, if you lack the ability to back them up.

Perhaps "wrong" isn't the best term, "invalid" would be better. Acting without reason can cause a lot of problems.

Facts and logic to back something up.

Though since I didn't define it, you could've defined it to give yourself an edge over me, at least according to the rules of the debate events I attend. If it's part of the resolution, that is.

Facts and logic to back something up.

Though since I didn't define it, you could've defined it to give yourself an edge over me, at least according to the rules of the debate events I attend. If it's part of the resolution, that is.
You're an LD debator? I was on my LD debate team in high school. I became captain of the JV team my senior year. (I lost my shot at being Varsity captain because I joined the team 2nd semester freshman year and not 1st semester.)

We also did a few rounds of Congressional debate after the debating season was over.

not true, I have found a LOT of people who share my opinion, both on and off the web.
You have yet to backup your opinion with any reasoning.

I have told you why I hate X and Y.

Haha. Touche.

Respectfully, you can say that all you want but you won't find too many that share that opinion.

Kalos was rushed. They gave us a bland region, a legendary just thrown in for numbers, two boring box legendaries, and a new mechanic that threw out the balance. It also gave us boring companions, very few new pokemon, and an evil team that feels like they were just slapped on at the end.

They did have something going with the war plot, but it was sadly barely touched.

If it wasn't for the gen 3 remakes, I'd have written gen 6 off.

They didn't even try.

Edit: i think the blandness is why half the fandom is desperately hoping for a new kaloa game

I have mixed feelings for gen 7. A lot of it excites me. Then i get rainbow fish.... Hipster fish as caps put it. That and Litten.... Ugh.

On the other hand. Trainers visible in battle? What took so long?!

Sonicboomwiiu.jpg

SAHNIK BOUM, SAHNIK BOUM, SAHNIK BOUM!

A sonic game? I thought all sonic games were good! (Sorry, I'm a mario fan :p)

EDIT: I am also willing to explain every single point i made in my previous poist, if you want.

Last edited:
You're an LD debator? I was on my LD debate team in high school. I became captain of the JV team my senior year. (I lost my shot at being Varsity captain because I joined the team 2nd semester freshman year and not 1st semester.)

We also did a few rounds of Congressional debate after the debating season was over.

PF, not LD.

My team's the only PF team currently in the school, the rest being oral interpretation. My school's new to debating, only having been in this for about 5 years, but we've sent many to nationals. The big-name schools hate us for this, and are incredibly biased against us. We once had a bus driver as a judge, who was from the same school as the team we were going against (which is against the rules), and wrote two illegible sentences for why he gave the other team the win. I almost made it to nationals this year, but biased judges prevented me from quite making it. At least one of our DI teams made it, if only because only three DI teams showed up.

well, lysandre was well done villain, ghetsis was pure evil, lysandre was implied to be a fallen idol who went WAY off the deep end. he was similart to cryus in being well-intentioned, and he actually was RIGHT unlike cyrus, because he wanted to solve overpopulation, environmental decay, and resource scarcity
the region was based off of france, and france's landmarks aren't as livid as japan or the us so yeah...
also it wasn't rushed as it was supposedly developed the same time as BW with a different team.
the legendary was anything but thrown in given they power the ultimate weapon and one represents life, the other death.
also the war plot was dwelled on more than you seem to think.
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOUR SOUL WAS SUCKED FROM 3000 YEARS LATER TO END THE WORLD TO SOLVE THE MAIN ISSUES WITH HUMANITY
seriously my opinion isn't right nor wrong as ME mentioned, but there is more to XY than you seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom