• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real infinity was the friends we made along the way, obviously.

Numbers? There is no number greater than infinity.
Strategy? You can't beat something that has unlimited resources. No matter what plans you come up with, you'll run out of energy or power before your opponent. You can't tire it out, you can't outlast it, you can't win in a head-to-head.
Infinite power can be beaten by the correct strategy or by numbers. It's infinite power, not...

These 5 stones are responsible for creating the universe, in the Marvel franchise. They virtually have all the power of the universe. Just one granted Vision immense power, and just one granted Doctor Strange amazing time manipulation abilities.

There is no way that Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, etc could beat Thanos (Has the infinity gauntlet, powered by the stones) in a one on one fight... or even in a group fight. He has way more power than them. That doesn't mean they can't stop him though.

Immense power is not unlimited power, and I know about the infinity stones. I've seen Avengers Assemble.

In any case, one could make the argument that the stones themselves are never defeated, Thanos, the finite mortal, who wields them is who is defeated.
That's not true, though, since whatever rifts or problems the stones caused are undone when Thanos is beaten.

Immense power is not unlimited power
No, but Vision only had one stone.

In any case, one could make the argument that the stones themselves are never defeated, Thanos, the finite mortal, who wields them is who is defeated.
Right.

That's not true, though, since whatever rifts or problems the stones caused are undone when Thanos is beaten.

I believe in the comics, that's what happened... most (All?) of the avengers were killed by thanos, then they were revived when he was defeated. Only basing that on what I heard in a youtube speculation video though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom