• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But gen 4 is next :p
I knooooooooooooooooow... but I still want it :p

What's the point of that?
Because Gen 5 was an amazing generation.

Audino...maybe AE thinks it’ll Krokorok to play in Unova with Serperior graphics? I agree it’s a bit early for GameFreak to Dewott he suggested, but maybe later on down the line it would be worth giving a Whirlipede.
Megapod used Puns. It was super effective. Eevee fainted.

Well that’s because “Wii” and “U” are inferior pronouns.
And, while not all Pokémon games were available on the 3DS, you had Gens IV-VII as actual cartridges, and I think Gens I and II on virtual console, and Gens III-V are available on the DS with the GBA slot.

So the 3DS has everything but Gen III, but Gen VI includes ORAS.
Even without virtual console, the only thing you’re “missing” is a Kanto primary game, since Gen IV included HGSS.
So that’s Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola all readily available as games on the 3DS, due to the forward compatibility of DS cartridges.

And Red and blue via the virtual console... :p

(But I still meant natively... only gen 6 and 7 - the meh generations - are native to the 3DS)
Yes, natively it’s just Gen VI and VII, but the beauty of the 3DS is it’s backwards compatibility with DS games. The Switch doesn’t have that.

Biggest problem with the switch is that it exists in the first place. :p

But yeah, just like the DS could no longer support Game Boy era cartridges and like the 3DS couldn’t even support GBA cartridges anymore, there comes a point where backwards compatibility stops. It’s a shame, but it’s to be expected. Nintendo has moved on to bigger, and sometimes better, things.

Biggest problem with the switch is that it exists in the first place. :p
True... true.

But yeah, just like the DS could no longer support Game Boy era cartridges and like the 3DS couldn’t even support GBA cartridges anymore, there comes a point where backwards compatibility stops. It’s a shame, but it’s to be expected. Nintendo has moved on to bigger, and sometimes better, things.
Which is not a problem for pc or microsoft or sonys consoles. If wanted to develop software support, they could because the hardware still supports it.
Capsplz. All the “good” video games were released at least 5 years ago.

With a couple of exceptions, 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom