• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times like this, I just have one thing to say to all of you:
289.gif

...what? You were expecting a pun? Well too bad! You fell for that hook, line, and sinker!

Hiya!
I'm thinking about creating a non-mafia game which would be a simplified, Pokemon-themed version of chess... but I first want to see if there would even be anyone willing to participate before I even ask to be allowed to host.
Not getting too deep into details, both players get identical teams of evolved and unevolved starter Pokemon, move them on a chessboard and have to capture (knock out) all enemy Pokemon. Grass Pokemon can capture Water, Water - Fire, Fire - Grass. Each Pokemon moves in its own way and if it gets to the crownhead (the last row of the board opposite to where it started), it evolves. And that's basically it.

What do you think?

Sounds interesting. Would this like a 1v1 tournament style game?
Exactly how I see it. I'm thinking about having 8 players in a tournament-style competition, with four 1v1 quarterfinals, then two 1v1 semifinals between winners of the quarterfinals, then two 1v1 finals - first between winners for 1st and 2nd place, second between losers for 3rd place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom