• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MegaPod12 your first game often says something about you, giving a good first impression. Do what you think will be the most fun for both players and you, the host.
Hmmmmm... Masters of the Whoniverse was a great game, and, although I have gotten better with more experience, it really did give me my start.

The basics were there: good FT, an interesting story, and some whacky roles. I ditched items as a mechanic fairly quickly because they never seemed to get used, but it had been worth a shot.

I'd say Video Games Mafia, which for me was the third game hosted, shaped a lot what I would end up like as a host. I had to make tough modkill decisions early in my hosting career, although even the second game I've hosted, Random Messages, had its tough moments too.

Yeah my first hosting game was terrible and I would be perfectly glad with forgetting it. Second game slightly more interesting as I was cohosting and the main host ended up getting banned mid way through the game, and I was not planning on actually full fledged hosting it. However game 3 is what really made me as a host, game me the most experience and had the most fun.

I'd say Video Games Mafia, which for me was the third game hosted, shaped a lot what I would end up like as a host. I had to make tough modkill decisions early in my hosting career, although even the second game I've hosted, Random Messages, had its tough moments too.
Those modkills are still the worst moment of my hosting career. :( That was, what? 4 modkills in one update, wasn't it?
and had the most fun.
Looking back, I think hosting the Murder, She wrote reboot has got to be the game I had the most fun hosting... Don't get me wrong, Fruit Bowl Mafia, among others, were awesome but it was interesting to see how creative players could get with a format where the world is designed to react to the players and not the other way around.

That said, Elementar, I still don't know what your obsession with that lawnmower was :p

That said, Elementar, I still don't know what your obsession with that lawnmower was :p

I just wanted to exercise my freedom, and I forgot that lawnmowers spew out toxic gas if you don't turn it off... I wanted to do something stupid, and I succeeded :) Sorry if that made it hard as host.

My first game went terrible in the mid when I rushed subbing players and subbed a player who was still playing, something like that. I improved after that, and my second and third games (WRM 1 and 2) went very well.

I'm too easy to figure out in mafia games as a player though. xD

Skills aside, currently my work has me working overtime too often, so I'll consider when I have more time to spend each day, since mafia games can demand much attention. ^^;

I think the game that really started my hosting career was Red Dwarf Mafia, I believe my first game, where I drafted in Midorikawa for balance help and it's probably my only balanced game to date.
That being said, the game I enjoyed most as a host was Chaos Mafia 1, though MotW comes in close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom