• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but where I was born does not mean where I am coming from.

For example, if someone was born in Pittsburgh, but lived in Chicago, you would say that are from Chicago.

Except that in American lingo, at least, saying you are "from" somewhere carries also the connotation you were born there; that's why the American way of saying it is often "from Chicago, but born in Pittsburgh" or "from Pittsburg, but raised in Chicago." That's also why you will hear Americans who have been in the nation for multiple generations say things like "my family is from Scotland." I don't know if it's different in other parts of the English-speaking world, but I've never had anyone misunderstand me when I used the American version.

So saying "from space" is still incorrect :p

Well, since you're a computer program now...

*reprograms you to think you're Chicken Boo*

Well, since you're not Hal 9000, that phrase doesn't work :p

Just a note: I'll be gone most of the time from now until the end of my exams on Nov 14. So I'll be fully back on Nov 15 :)

Now Maniacal Engineer needs a villain that's literally flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom