• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 4.0: A Mafia situation

I'll spit:

It's been sorta dead around here for a while now. I know we're all busy but personally I would love to play something with you guys soon. What sort of content would you all like to see from The War Room staff that you guys would be interested in playing? A specific type/theme of Mafia game? Another strategy game?

Let's decide as a group and we can make it happen :)

I'll spit:

It's been sorta dead around here for a while now. I know we're all busy but personally I would love to play something with you guys soon. What sort of content would you all like to see from The War Room staff that you guys would be interested in playing? A specific type/theme of Mafia game? Another strategy game?

Let's decide as a group and we can make it happen :)
You could sign up for @megapod’s game. :p

So...I know we're already in the middle of the Dangan Ronpa Mafia game but seeing the posts about the dry spell I did have an idea for another Themed Mafia game for future use if the need ever arises.

It would be styled after my favourite anime - "Gungrave" a mafia drama/action show which is very fitting.
"Gungrave" was originally a third person shooter developed for the PlayStation 2 in the wake of "stylish action games" like Devil May Cry. Gungrave became a cult classic and received both a sequel game and an anime adaptation but it went dormant for many years until the announcement of a brand new game for the PlayStation 4 in 2021.

The gist of both the first game and the anime is that Brandon Heat was a Hit Man for the biggest Mafia organisation in the country called "Millenion". But he was killed by his best friend Harry in a coup d'etat for the control of the organisation. Nevertheless Brandon finds himself ressurected as the superhuman Deadman - "Beyond the Grave" by the mysterious Dr.T and now with a second chance at life, "Grave" hunts down his former mafia comrades in a quest for revenge.

After a quick draft up, I'd say it'd take around 16 players ideally. Mostly standard roles just with flavourful text and whatnot. I'd definitely like to host with some needlessly dramatic narration every time someone bites the dust. There might be a balancing issue or two as I rarely host Mafia games but hey, it'll probably be fun nonetheless.

Like I said, no immediate rush or anything, just a pitch from me if y'all ever need a spare Mafia game to run. :)

I really do wish that I had time to play mafia again, but between work being extremely stressful now and finding myself in charge of two Bulbagarden projects, I just can’t play or host anymore.
...also, Guess Your Role Mafia was too good of a game to end my playing career on and Chaos Mafia V was too good of a game to end my hosting career on. There is no way I can top either of those. :(

*Looks in the current Mafia Game Queue*
It goes hand in hand really with what Snowy said, hosts will put effort into their game, and easily become disheartened when it doesn't fill. In turn that could make other hosts not want to host a game since they've seen other games get cancelled, and they don't want their own cancelled. Hence the queue doesn't get filled :(

Regardless, I'm thinking of a few ideas myself and gonna put some more games in the queue when I fully decide on what I want to do, closest idea to being done that I personally have is Codenames: Pokemon Edition.

I would like to host a large game, but I need to finish up a few ideas, I had Generation V somewhat early in the works a long time ago, i'd like to resume that work some time in the very near future.

It goes hand in hand really with what Snowy said, hosts will put effort into their game, and easily become disheartened when it doesn't fill. In turn that could make other hosts not want to host a game since they've seen other games get cancelled, and they don't want their own cancelled. Hence the queue doesn't get filled :(

Regardless, I'm thinking of a few ideas myself and gonna put some more games in the queue when I fully decide on what I want to do, closest idea to being done that I personally have is Codenames: Pokemon Edition.

I would like to host a large game, but I need to finish up a few ideas, I had Generation V somewhat early in the works a long time ago, i'd like to resume that work some time in the very near future.
Sign me up for Generation V and VI. I know the latter's a bit presumptuous, but still...

@Tood Why did you watch me N1 in DanganronpaV3 Mafia?
:wynaut:

I was considering the possibility that I was wrong about you being suspicious D1, and I figured that the actual mafia would want to get out one of the stronger players first.

I feel like the real question is why did none of the watchers watch me N1
:confused:
ngl I thought the actual watcher would watch you, so I opted to watch somebody else.

At least it worked out in the end. :wynaut:

Exactly this, I'm happy to host games, but I was very barely filling my games and would be getting one time players from Elaria who didn't stick around afterwards and almost always had someone subbing out.
Not gonna put the time and effort into planning a game (and if you've seen my games, I put a lot of effort into them) only to have it stuck in queue limbo for months without end.

Yeah, pretty much this. There are games that I would like to host but I haven't bothered even working on because I don't want the disappointment of them not filling.

Back
Top Bottom