• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 4.0: A Mafia situation

Unless I am very much mistaken, this will probably be the first year I don’t vote in the Awards that I am eligible to vote in.
I think I still voted for some people last year, though I’ll need to go back an check.

This year, even in the games I hosted, I wasn’t paying much attention to anything that was going on except in Star Trek Mafia. I have no basis for voting for anyone in any category, and I’m too burned out to go back and read any games from this season.

I suspect that next season will be different, since I may not even qualify to vote.

So, an update on Chaos Mafia.
I actually haven’t been in touch with Flop for over a month now, which is kinda bad, but I can move forward with the assumption that I may need to run the game by myself.

If that happens, the game will probably start in early September, since I took an entire week off from work to give myself a well deserved break.
One of the things I am hoping to accomplish during that week off is finalize Chaos Mafia’s setup and get the game going.
It’ll probably be a little more simplistic this year than in year’s past, and I apologize for that, but I will endeavor to make the game as fun and zany as possible.

I will ask one of the sectional staff to assist me as a backup host if Flop does not return, since I will have Jewish High Holiday season popping up starting in the middle of September and eating up my weekends.

Last chance to place your votes for the awards! There aren't a lot of votes yet, so any vote counts. You have about 1 and a half day remaining to vote.

TWR Awards are over and the results are in!

Chaos Mafia Status Report:

Started writing role PMs this week. I've done 4/21, which means I have 17 more to go. There are one or two minor details to still hammer out regarding the setup, but those won't take too long.
Honestly, writing the role PMs is always the most difficult and time consuming part for me, since it's not something I'm particularly good at (especially for characters that I'm not familiar with).

I hope to write 1-2 more PMs per night this upcoming week, and potentially be ready to roll out the finalized game pretty much as soon as I start my week off.

I do appreciate everybody's patience, and, I promise that the setup will have a few tricks up its sleeve again this year, as it does every year.

Chaos Mafia Status Report:

Started writing role PMs this week. I've done 4/21, which means I have 17 more to go. There are one or two minor details to still hammer out regarding the setup, but those won't take too long.
Honestly, writing the role PMs is always the most difficult and time consuming part for me, since it's not something I'm particularly good at (especially for characters that I'm not familiar with).

I hope to write 1-2 more PMs per night this upcoming week, and potentially be ready to roll out the finalized game pretty much as soon as I start my week off.

I do appreciate everybody's patience, and, I promise that the setup will have a few tricks up its sleeve again this year, as it does every year.
Would it make sense for you to unlock the thread and ping the players to see if they all still want to play before you do too much work? :p

Would it make sense for you to unlock the thread and ping the players to see if they all still want to play before you do too much work?
The question is, can I? I was recently stripped of most forum powers, since I really don't need them anymore. I don't think I can move threads...though I haven't actually bothered to check.

Edit: Hot damn! Looks like I can!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom