• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 4.0: A Mafia situation

Screenshot_20210905-171941_Chrome.jpg

this says a lot about our society

For some reason I was looking back at Noughts & Crosses Mafia, and contrary to what some have said that game was a winnable position to scum. The only problem is they chose the wrong target to kill N1, as DekuNut clearly wasn't in a strategic position of the board nor was he universally townread, so it was obvious that the only reason they would have killed DekuNut was to protect AE's position on the board, so it was obvious that AE was scum. However, the optimal shot was staring them right in the face: me. Shooting me would protect Max, the other scum, in the same way that shooting Deku would protect AE, but I also occupied a strategic shot on the board and was fairly vocal, so there would be other reasons to want me dead. From there, the game could go seven ways:

1 Town lynches jdthebud in order to keep the mafia from winning three corners, which would result in an unlosable situation for scum. Then scum shoots ZinnLav, town lynches AussieEevee, scum shoots DekuNut and then you are left with a Max/Contrainer/MegaPod F3.
2. They see scum's strategy and take down Max. In that case, shoot jdthebud, lynch Megapod, shoot Contrainer and then you have a Deku/Zinn/AE F3, not as good a position but still winnable.
3. Town still goes after AE. Then scum shoots DekuNut, and then Max has to lynch jdthebud and one of Contrainer/Megapod to win.
4. Town takes out Contrainer, and scum shoots MegaPod. Then town is in an unwinnable position, since they have to lynch jdthebud to prevent scum from winning the tic-tac-toe, but that will cause mafia to achieve parity.
5. Town takes out MegaPod, scum shoots Contrainer. Then mafia needs to lynch either jdthebud or Deku to win.
6. Town makes a suboptimal play and lynches Zinnlav (for control of the board I guess). Scum shoots jd and town is in another unwinnable position.
7. Town lynches DekuNut. Then scum is forced into a position where they have to shoot AussieEevee, but then town has to lynch ZinnLav. Scum then shoots jdthebud, and then it's a Max/Megapod/Contrainer F3.
8. Town makes a really suboptimal play and no lynches. Scum shoots jd and town is in an unwinnable situation.

In summary, if they chose to go with me as a shot instead of DekuNut, then of town's eight options three would have forced them into an unwinnable position, one would have put them at 3-2 LyLo (with an innocent child), two would put them in 2-1 Lylo without an innocent child, one would have put them in a 2-1 Lylo with an innocent child (which would have made Zinn play kingmaker) and the last would put them in 4-1 with an innocent child, the only one where they have an advantage but still a winnable position for scum. Basically, that setup isn't as townsided as it may seem at first glance, and may be a little scumsided as scum can force town into making suboptimal lynches but scum lost the game by a longshot by making a strategic blunder. I guess if anyone is playing this setup again as scum, making charts like these can be helpful.

Oh, and hello again to the people that are here, though I probably won't play a game here unless the mods no longer hate me as much.

Then scum is forced into a position where they have to shoot AussieEevee
I wasn't here for that game, but you implied AE was scum that game...? How would it ever be possible to force a scumteam into a position where they have to shoot a member of their own team? (Barring redirective roles, anyway, which it doesn't sound like that setup had?)

Last edited:
I wasn't here for that game, but you implied AE was scum that game...? How would it ever be possible to force a scumteam into a position where they have to shoot a member of their own team? (Barring redirective roles, anyway, which it doesn't sound like that setup had?)
There, each faction can either win normally or by winning the tic-tac-toe game. Since town had the center, lynching DekuNut would have forced scum to shoot AE, otherwise town would automatically win by lynching AE the next day. Scum anticipated this and shot DekuNut to prevent that, but it just ended up giving away that AE was scum.

shoots ZinnLav
lynches Zinnlav
lynch ZinnLav
I think I die in too many of these scenarios.

Wait, what? I don’t remember any of this. checks ah, 2019. Seems like a million years ago.
They've been thinking about it all this time :c

Would people be interested in a mafia game themed around BDSP?
Possibly, pretty busy with work atm but if you allow people to only pop in like once every 24 hours I don't see why not.

Here's a dilemma for you to solve: Say there is a bus driver, a roleblocker, and a vig in the game. The bus driver targets themselves and the vig, the vig targets the bus driver, and the roleblocker targets the vig. If this situation came up in a game, how would you resolve it? Who would the vig kill in that scenario, if anyone?

The bus driver targets themselves and the vig, the vig targets the bus driver, and the roleblocker targets the vig.
I might be doing this the wrong way but my logic is that bus driver takes priority, unless the role blocker directly targets the bus driver.

Bus driver swaps himself and vig.
role blocker gets redirected to bus driver and fails.
vig targets the bus driver, gets redirected to self and dies.

Back
Top Bottom