• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys,

I'm just trying to guage interest in a generation style mafia game, but set within the Pokemon TCG boundaries. So there would still be a HP system, an evolution system, etc etc. I'm gonna use an old card as an example of what a role PM would look like.

Dear <Name>
View attachment 131798
You are Bulbasaur! From the Base Set Expansion!

You are a Grass-type with 40HP
Your Weakness is the Fire-type.
You have no resistance.
You have one move, Leech Seed, which does 20 Damage with the following effect: Unless all damage from this attack is prevented, you may heal 10HP.

I've had this in the backburner for a little while as a way to spread out the generation games as Gen V is not near completion yet, and I wouldn't mind using this as a game in the gap.
A couple notes for the game:
-Energy wouldn't exist, there would be downsides to using moves that cost more energy, but these would vary depending on card to card.
-Item cards would be a thing, whether they be potions or more advanced ones.
-The game would most likely consist of more older cards than new, such as EX or Level-X cards being the strongest cards, as I don't know much about the newer ones.
-Pokebodies or Poke-abilities would exist, and again these would vary from card to card, but they would provide passive or active actions.
-Not all moves would do as they say, obviously.

If people would like to see this please let me know so I can stick it in the queue, if people do not want it then that's ok of course!
As a fellow purveyor of needlessly complex and gimmicky mafia games.... I'm in. If you put it on the queue, save me a spot.

Interesting, but I'm wondering on how you plan to balance this.
Fair thing to wonder, if there's anything specific you want to know, just let me know. In terms of balancing, we'd be using specific rotations and / or sets up until a certain point of time, most likely around the 4th generation. The reason for this being most of my knowledge of the TCG comes from a long time ago, and I personally don't know much about the later gens, I also assume power creep is a thing in the TCG, and that newer cards would outclass older ones, (This was further confirmed to me by ZinnLav). Furthermore, only certain special cards would be in the game, as mentioned things like EX, Lvl X, and more like Delta Species, etc. Their rules would be changed to fit into the game, such as EX cards being a further evolution that would let you use the EX cards abilities and HP, alongside its pre-vo stage 2 card. Although these come with certain limitations as if I feel one card is too strong it would have to be suitably nerfed. It would be fair to say that cards wouldnt perform like they do in the TCG.

Attacks and abilities would be buffed or nerfed mostly to my own discretion. (Unless I decided to have a co-host in which case we'd both need to discuss said buffs or nerfs. I ain't fully decided on a co-host or not if i'm honest.

I did plan to have a tcg game years ago, with an EiMM style of all independant players, and player made teams, as well as trading. But I still need to decide on this with the current game, but it still wouldnt be long until it enters the queue to be fair.

Also, to the others that responded, thankyou very much :)

WHY DID NONE OF TWR STAFF THREADMARK THIS? F-!!!!!!
Hi everyone :)

Going back quite a while I was making the 2019 TWR Awards banners but I kind of fell behind with it and many months ended up passing with nothing getting done. Really sorry it's been so long but in the last week or so I've finished them off and they are now ready for release.

Congrats once again to the award winners and really sorry your banners were so late:

Album Containing All Banners:

Indiviual Awards:
@Calvinッ
@Doctor Floptopus
@Ereshkigal
@Jinjo
@Magnificent Entertainer
@Max1996
@MegaPod
@Midorikawa
@Pika_pika42
@Soulmaster

Team Awards:
Best Town Team Performance (Pokemon vs Digimon Mafia)
@Crystal Onix
@Elementar
@Elieson
@HumanDawn
@jdthebud
@Luminary
@Magnificent Entertainer
@Officer Snake
@Pika_pika42
@Luminous Dawn
@Snowy

Best Town Team Performance (USUM Ubers Mafia)
@bulba account
@Calvinッ
@DekuNut
@Ereshkigal
@ReturnofMCH
@Sloonei
@speedchuck
@TheCapsFan

Best Mafia Team Performance (Chaos IV Mafia)
@DekuNut
@Kyriaki
@Snowy

Best Mafia Team Performance (The War Room Awards '18 Mafia)
@Ereshkigal
@MegaPod
@Pikochu

Hi everyone :)

Going back quite a while I was making the 2019 TWR Awards banners but I kind of fell behind with it and many months ended up passing with nothing getting done. Really sorry it's been so long but in the last week or so I've finished them off and they are now ready for release.

Congrats once again to the award winners and really sorry your banners were so late:
No problem! :)

They look great as always! And as previously mentioned don't worry about how long it takes, it's nice enough of you to make banners for us anyways :)

I like the banners. I tried putting one of them as my signature by copying the url, insert image on edit signature and I got a message saying, "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator."

I like the banners. I tried putting one of them as my signature by copying the url, insert image on edit signature and I got a message saying, "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator."
The link may not have worked as it needs to be the direct link to the image, the one that just says link on share options doesn't display the image?
Sorry forgot to mention this earlier.

These links should work for the inserting the image on your signature :)
TWR-Awards-2019-Best-Save-Jinjo.png

Code:
https://i.postimg.cc/KvWtzg4n/TWR-Awards-2019-Best-Save-Jinjo.png

TWR-Awards-2019-Best-Single-Independent-Performance-Jinjo.png

Code:
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRYWjTCb/TWR-Awards-2019-Best-Single-Independent-Performance-Jinjo.png

Didn't even know I won one until I heard from you lol.

Ship arc <3

I love it! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom