• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Stanley Parable Mafia - Eight Stanleys Ending (Town + 8 Wins)

Also Mido, I wouldn’t have holstered last night lol, if I was scum I’d be given the win on a silver platter in -Lo which is game breaking enough to end the game, not just keep going with it as a minor inconvenience.

I thought the mistake was more linked to your role and that it shouldn’t have activated because you didn’t actually die. Not something game-breaking because you can just not be given your ability for when you do die, something that allows the game to continue somewhat as intended.

Also Mido, I wouldn’t have holstered last night lol, if I was scum I’d be given the win on a silver platter in -Lo which is game breaking enough to end the game, not just keep going with it as a minor inconvenience.

I thought the mistake was more linked to your role and that it shouldn’t have activated because you didn’t actually die. Not something game-breaking because you can just not be given your ability for when you do die, something that allows the game to continue somewhat as intended.
Nope. My role worked as it should have. I had a 1xDP that would skip the next phase when used up. It’s why I offered to be lynched the day phase with Light. I knew I wouldn’t die and he wouldn’t get his night phase he wanted.

If we assume that the mistake happened with the night phase I lost my DP then maybe mafia did not actually shoot that night and the mistake was the hosts thinking ExLights previous shot on me night 4 was night 5s shot. Which would mean mafia has holstered every night since Light died.

So what if the converted didn’t realize they were converted? Only one that fits that is Abigail. I definitely would have noticed if I had access to a mafia chat. Heck I would have won by now too.

lolia-sip-juice.gif

Eight Stanleys Ending

Final Votal:​

Princess Abigail (1) - Midorikawa #2

Not Voting (3) - coordinator lissi #2, Princess Abigail, JamieIsBored

Result: Princess Abigail was lynched. They were Stanley's Wife (Cardboard Box Delivery + Role Cop + Role Blocker).
Stanley's Wife (Converted)
Cardboard Box Delivery + Role Cop + Role Blocker

You are Stanley’s Wife and you love Stanley very much. You work at the Future Happiness Foundation, and have called Stanley’s office building to confirm a shipment of 1,327 cardboard boxes. Your goal is to ensure the future happiness of Stanley and everyone aligned with him by delivering items alongside the cardboard boxes. Within each delivery of cardboard boxes, you can include a special item for the recipient, assuming they choose to open the boxes.

You are aligned with The Story (Mafia) and win when the story can proceed without being impeded.

Cardboard Box Delivery (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player to anonymously deliver cardboard boxes to. They will have until the end of the next phase to open the boxes or not. If they open the boxes, they will receive the item you have selected. If they do open the boxes, nothing will happen, but they will be unable to open the boxes in the future. You will not be informed whether or not they open the boxes. You can only deliver an item once each; you can choose to deliver empty boxes. You may not deliver boxes to yourself. You may not deliver items to the same player on consecutive Nights.

You can deliver the following items:
  • 1x Lynchproof (Next Day Only)
  • 1x Double Voter (Next Day Only)
  • 1x Bulletproof (Next Night Only)
  • 1x Cop Shot (Next Night Only)
  • 1x Doctor Shot (Next Night Only)
Use this ability with Deliver <Item> to <Player>
Role Cop (Day)
Once per Day phase, you can select a player and learn the details of their roles.
Use this ability with Role Cop: <Player>
Role Blocker (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player and prevent them from using their Night actions. If they use a Night action, they will be told that their action has failed.
Use this ability with Role Block: <Player>

The Narrator said:
Ah, Stanley, it seems like you figured it out. I'm so proud of you.

This was such a fun game of Mafia, I hope that you enjoyed it too.

My goal was to lead you astray by writing a brand new story, one which your own wife was against you. But, in the end, you prevailed over her.

The Bucket was never able to realize it's true purpose, and was killed before Gambhorra'ta's curse was lifted.

The Bucket Destroyer was never able to fulfill its destiny by destroying the Bucket, someone else got to it first.

You, Stanley, found out the true identity of Gambhorra'ta, and swiftly got rid of him before any harm could be done.

All of my brilliant plans this game were foiled. Good job, Stanley.

Congratulations to Stanley and those aligned with him, as well as the mysterious Number 8, you have won this game of Mafia.

Achievement Unlocked: Eight Stanleys Ending

Aligned with Stanley (Town)
Stanley, Employee #427
2x Character Cop + 2x Deathproof

You are Stanley, the titular Main Character after which The Stanley Parable is named. The Narrator has come up with a story called The Stanley Parable, in which Stanley finds that all of his coworkers are gone. Stanley explores the office and experiences various different endings, some of which Stanley would never have dreamed of ever experiencing. From escaping a Mind Control Facility to following a goofy yellow Line™, Stanley has experienced so many things in The Stanley Parable.

The story isn't always the same though. In this version of the story, Stanley has found himself in a game of Mafia, in which he must find and eliminate all threats to himself. Since this story revolves around you, Stanley, we can't have you dying so easily on us, so you will be immune to your first two deaths. By exploring the office building, you can learn more about each of the characters present in this story, and a rough idea of what they are capable of doing.

You are aligned with Stanley (Town) and win when all threats to Stanley are no longer present.

2x Character Cop (Night)
Once per Night, you can select a player and learn their Character and Role Categories. You will not learn their alignment nor the specifics of their roles.
Use this ability with Character Cop: <Player>
2x Deathproof
Twice during the game, if you would be Lynched or Killed, you instead are protected. You will be informed when you lose a layer of Deathproof.
The Stanley Parable Adventure Line™
3x Redirector

You are the Stanley Parable Adventure Line™, or the Line™ for short. The Narrator has employed your help to find The Stanley Parable story, which you don't seem to know how to do. At first, you guide Stanley to the spoiler room, which The Narrator was trying to Stanley avoid from the beginning. Later, The Narrator claims that you're no help whatsoever, and asks Stanley to ignore you and your direction.

Thrice during the game, you are able to redirect the story to your choosing, by choosing a player and who you want their ability to target. The first player you target has the ability to ignore your direction by choosing to not use their Night Action, however.

You are aligned with Stanley (Town) and win when all threats to Stanley are no longer present.

3x Redirector (Night)
Once per Night, you can select two players; if Player A uses a single-target Night Ability, their target will instead be Player B. This cannot redirect the Mafia’s factional kill.
Use this ability with Redirect <Player A> to <Player B>
The Stanley Parable Reassurance Bucket
2x Reassurance + Whisper Secrets + True Form

You are The Stanley Parable Reassurance Bucket, or the Bucket for short. The Narrator engineered you as a clever solution to the fundamental problem of The Stanley Parable being confusing, paradoxical, and engendering a chaotic sense of reckless despair in those who played it. Any time Stanley, or another player, is holding you, a sense of calm and ease will fill their mind and heart, preventing them from dying. From the countless adventures you and Stanley have been on together, you have developed an inseparable closeness; you are Stanley's companion and lifelong friend, letting you whisper secrets to Stanley every Night.

You were formally a mighty beast of untold power, witnessing countless wars and desecrating the land and lives of untold numbers of innocent humans. You have spent many years dwelling on the actions you might have taken to curb the madness and the decay, if only you had been stronger. However, the evil wizard Gambhorra'ta ensnared you in his machinations as payback for stealing the sacred amulet from his treasured vaults, forever trapping you as a Bucket. If Gambhorra'ta were to die, you could once again awaken your true form, unable to be killed except by those who had all twelve Emblems of Sages and knew the incantations to summon their true power.

2x Reassurance (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player to Reassure, preventing them from dying. You cannot reassure yourself.
Use this ability with Reassure: <Player>
Whisper Secrets (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can send a message to Stanley, which will be delivered at the end of the phase. These messages will appear as being from "The Bucket".
Use this ability with Whisper: <Message>
True Form
If Gambhorra'ta is removed from the game, your alignment and win condition will be changed to that of the Mafia's. You will lose your Reassurance and Whisper Secrets abilities, but will gain 1x Deathproof.
Broom Closet
Vigilante + Strongman against the Bucket

You are the Broom Closet. The Narrator will claim there is nothing interesting here, but you are the most interesting character in the game, and responsible for everyone’s favorite ending: The Broom Closet Ending.

Since you are so interesting, anyone who enters you will be unable to leave and will eventually fall prey to any number of the countless number of human physiological vulnerabilities. In order to prevent Stanley from entering the Broom Closet in the future, The Narrator will board you up, removing you from the game.

You also want the Bucket. You have an intense jealousy towards Stanley and believe you deserve the Bucket, telling Stanley that “It’s a bucket, it belongs in a broom closet! It’s supposed to go with the other cleaning supplies.” To prevent anyone else from having the Bucket, your kill attempt will always go through.

Vigilante (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player to kill. If you kill a player aligned with Stanley (Town), you will also die. If you select the Bucket, you will perform a Strongman kill and you will not die if the Bucket is aligned with Stanley.
Use this ability with Kill: <Player>
The Essence of Divine Art
Guide Across BLXWXN

You are The Essence of Divine Art, and appear to those who have transgressed art. Motrals should fear you, but only those you have appeared to can hear your words. You carry worthy spirits across the river BLXWXN into your garden built within the emotions of a flower, where you will live together, dance and eat and sin, and they will do improv comedy based on your suggestions for all eternity.

By choosing which players are worthy of being guided across the river BLXWXN, you can learn their story throughout the game so far. They will share the times they used their abilities, who they used their abilities on, and the results of their abilities as you guide them to your garden.

Guide Across BLXWXN (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player; if they are killed, you will receive a list of when they used their abilities, who they targeted, and the results.
Use this ability with Guide: <Player>
Cookie9
1x Deathproof + Skip Button

You are Cookie9, who, on March 9th, 2014, at 4:30 pm, left a negative review on Pressurized Gas, the extremely popular online storefront for computer games.

Cookie9 said:
I get that it’s supposed to be a parable of something but listening to that patronizing voice droning on and on just isn’t fun. You constantly have to stop doing anything so the narrator can catch up with his long-winded explanations of what’s happening. I wish there was a skip button.

As such, to remove your negative review from the record, The Narrator has added a skip button to let you skip ahead for just a moment. What The Narrator didn't realize was the Skip Button would skip ahead further and further each time, and the button will be pressed when you would die or lose Deathproof.

1x Deathproof
Once during the game, if you would be Lynched or Killed, you instead are protected. You will be informed when you lose a layer of Deathproof.
Skip Button
If you lose your Deathproof, the next phase of the game will be skipped. If you are removed from the game, the next three phases of the game will be skipped. There will be a public announcement that “The Skip Button was pressed.” when either of these happen.
The Serious Room
2x Jailer

You are the Serious Room, a room outside of the office where The Narrator comes to be serious. Anyone who attempts to enable server cheats by typing sv_cheats 1 will be brought here by The Narrator, as this runs the risk of breaking the entire game. The Narrator looked at tens of thousands of tables to find the most serious table, which now rests within you. The Narrator has a separate notes room that contains the thorough notes for all the tables The Narrator considered for the Serious Room.

You can choose a player to bring to the Serious Room, where they will be subjected to 24 hours in the Serious Room, unable to perform any actions or have any actions performed on them. While this is a far cry from The Narrator's serious punishment of one hundred, billion, trillion years of standing in the Serious Room, none of the players in this game have enabled server cheats, so they can leave the Serious Room after the Night ends.

2x Jailer (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player to jail, they cannot use their abilities and any other ability used on them will fail. This can stop the Mafia's factional kill.
Use this ability with Jail: <Player>
Stanley's Wife
Cardboard Box Delivery

You are Stanley’s Wife and you love Stanley very much. You work at the Future Happiness Foundation, and have called Stanley’s office building to confirm a shipment of 1,327 cardboard boxes. Your goal is to ensure the future happiness of Stanley and everyone aligned with him by delivering items alongside the cardboard boxes. Within each delivery of cardboard boxes, you can include a special item for the recipient, assuming they choose to open the boxes.

Once per Night phase, you can select a player to anonymously deliver cardboard boxes to. They will have until the end of the next phase to open the boxes or not. If they open the boxes, they will receive the item you have selected. If they do open the boxes, nothing will happen, but they will be unable to open the boxes in the future. You will not be informed whether or not they open the boxes. You can only deliver an item once each; you can choose to deliver empty boxes. You may not deliver boxes to yourself. You may not deliver items to the same player on consecutive Nights.

Mariella
Witness

This is the story of a woman named Mariella. Mariella woke up on a day like any other. She arose, got dressed, gathered her belongings, and walked to her place of work. But on this particular day, her walk was interrupted by the body of a man, who had stumbled through town talking and screaming to himself and then collapsed dead on the sidewalk. And although she would soon turn to call for an ambulance, for just a few brief moments, she considered the strange man. He was obviously crazy, this much she knew. Everyone knows what crazy people look like. And in that moment, she thought to herself how lucky she was to be normal. "I am sane. I am in control of my mind. I know what is real and what isn't." It was comforting to think this, and, in a certain way, seeing this man made her feel better. But then she remembered the meeting she had scheduled for that day. The very important people whose impressions of her would affect her career and, by extension, the rest of her life. She had no time for this, so it was only a moment that she stood there, staring down at the body. And then she turned and ran.

Witness (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player to witness. If they would use any ability this phase, you will learn their target(s), if any, whether or not the ability was used successfully, and the result of the ability.
Use this ability with Witness: <Player>

Aligned with The Story (Mafia)
The Story (Mafia)
Mafia Kill + Silencer

Any player may submit actions for any member of The Story (Mafia).

Mafia Kill (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player to kill. A member of The Story must be assigned to perform the kill.
Use this ability with <Mafia Player> Kills: <Player>
Silencer (Day, Night)
Once per player, you may attempt to guess their character. If your guess is correct, they will become Voteless during the next Day phase and Role Blocked the next Night phase. They will be informed that their character was guessed. If your guess is incorrect, you lose the ability to silence that player for the rest of the game. You cannot silence a player more than once.
Use this ability with Silence: <Player> <Character>
The Narrator
Converter + 2x Strongman + Narration + Stanley's Guide + Needs Stanley + Storyteller

You are The Narrator, a transcendental entity that exists outside the scope of the world and manifests yourself as a voice in Stanley's head. In general, your goal is to guide Stanley to freedom, but this sometimes changes depending on the situations he gets into. In the original story of the Stanley Parable, you are the reason for all of Stanley's coworkers being gone - you erased them all.

Just as you wrote the story for The Stanley Parable, so too will you write the story for The Stanley Parable Mafia. You get to choose one player to aid you on your joining by forcing them to join your team. You can attempt to guide Stanley to whatever fate you have in store for him, if only he would listen to you. This is your story and you choose how it shapes. Even though you occasionally enjoy torturing Stanley, you become very lonely when he leaves you. As such, if Stanley would ever be removed from the game, you will join him in his adventure to the afterlife.

You are aligned with The Story (Mafia) and win when the story can proceed without being impeded.

Converter (Day, Night)
Once per phase, you can select a player to convert to be aligned with The Story (Mafia). They will retain their previous abilities and gain Role Cop (Day) and Role Block (Night). You can only attempt to use this ability twice and cannot use this ability after a successful use. You cannot attempt to convert a player after Night 2. You will fail to convert a player if they are Stanley, they are not aligned with the Town, or they have the ability to kill another player.
Use this ability with Convert: <Player>
2x Strongman
Once per Night phase, if you are the player performing the Mafia kill, you can have it pierce through an additional layer of protection, if the target were to have one.
Use this ability with Strongman Kill: <Player>
Narration (Day, Night)
Once per phase, you can broadcast a message publicly to all players, which will be delivered alongside the phase change. These messages will appear as being from "The Narrator".
Use this ability with Narrate: <Message>
Stanley's Guide (Day, Night)
Once per phase, you can send a message to Stanley, which will be delivered at the end of the phase. These messages will appear as being from "The Narrator".
Use this ability with Guide: <Message>
Needs Stanley
If Stanley is removed from the game, you will die.
Storyteller
If investigated, you will appear as being aligned with the Town and being unable to kill.
Stanley's Wife (Converted)
Cardboard Box Delivery + Role Cop + Role Blocker

Role Cop (Day)
Once per Day phase, you can select a player and learn the details of their roles.
Use this ability with Role Cop: <Player>
Role Blocker (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can select a player and prevent them from using their Night actions. If they use a Night action, they will be told that their action has failed.
Use this ability with Role Block: <Player>
The Bucket's True Form
True Form + 1x Deathproof

You were formally a mighty beast of untold power, witnessing countless wars and desecrating the land and lives of untold numbers of innocent humans. You have spent many years dwelling on the actions you might have taken to curb the madness and the decay, if only you had been stronger. However, the evil wizard Gambhorra'ta ensnared you in his machinations as payback for stealing the sacred amulet from his treasured vaults, forever trapping you as a Bucket.

After becoming a Bucket, The Narrator engineered you as a clever solution to the fundamental problem of The Stanley Parable being confusing, paradoxical, and engendering a chaotic sense of reckless despair in those who played it. Any time Stanley, or another player, was holding you, a sense of calm and ease would fill their mind and heart, preventing them from dying. From the countless adventures you and Stanley have been on together, you have developed an inseparable closeness; you were Stanley's companion and lifelong friend, letting you whisper secrets to Stanley every Night.

But that life is no longer. Gambhorra'ta is finally dead and the seal upon you has been lifted. You have returned to being a formidable opponent, now armed with the amulet you stole from Gambhorra'ta, and able to return to your life of desecration. You can only be stopped by those who have all twelve Emblems of Sages and know the incantations to summon their true power.

True Form
Gambhorra'ta has been removed from the game. You no longer can Reassure players or Whisper Secrets to Stanley. You are now aligned with The Story (Mafia) and are 1x Deathproof.
1x Deathproof
Once during the game, if you would be Lynched or Killed, you instead are protected. You will be informed when you lose a layer of Deathproof.

Independently Aligned
The Bucket Destroyer
Is This a Bucket? + Executioner + Double Voter

You are the Bucket Destroyer, a well-fleshed out character with so much personality that, to The Narrator, it already feels as though you've been a part of the cast all along. The Narrator introduced you out of concern for Stanley and his attachment to the Bucket, in an attempt to destroy the Bucket. Destroying buckets is all you know. It's your singular personality trait. Your desire to crush buckets is so densely loaded with complexity and nuance that it's really like ten personality traits.

If you successfully satiate your desire to crush Buckets by getting the Bucket lynched, you will win and be removed from the game; this does not end the game. If you are unable to satiate your desire, by the Bucket being removed from the game elsehow, you will explode and die.

You are aligned with Yourself (Independent) and win when the Bucket is lynched.

Is This a Bucket? (Day, Night)
Once per phase, you can select a player and learn whether or not they are the Bucket.
Use this ability with Is <Player> the Bucket?
Executioner - The Bucket
You must vote out the Bucket to win. If the Bucket is removed from the game elsehow, you will die.
Double Voter
Your vote counts for double. This will not be reflected in the vote count.
Gambhorra'ta
Serial Killer + 1x Bulletproof

You are Gambhorra'ta, Treasurer of The Profaned Vault. You keep many treasures in your vault and punish any mortal foolish enough to steal from you, with your overwhelming power.

One such foolish mortal stole a sacred amulet from your treasured vault. While they were a mighty beast of untold power, you were able to ensnare them in your machinations, and cast a spell to trap them forever in the form of a Bucket, preventing them from wielding their powers again. If this seal would ever to be undone, who knows what horrors await the world as the Bucket regains their true form?

You are aligned with Yourself (Independent) and win when no player is capable of stopping you.

Serial Killer (Even Night)
Once per Even Night phase, you can choose a player to kill.
If no player aligned with the Mafia remains, this ability can be used once per Night phase instead.
Use this ability with Kill: <Player>
1x Bulletproof
Once during the game, if you would be Killed, you instead are protected. You will be informed when you lose a layer of Bulletproof.
8 Button

You are the number 8. The number 8 is a running joke in The Stanley Parable, appearing almost everywhere throughout the game. From the secret achievement requiring the player to press the 8 key on the Boss’s keypad 8 times to the forklifts within the game having the number 8 on them, the number 8 permeates the Stanley Parable. Your goal is to spread 8 across this Mafia game by getting every player to say 8.

You are aligned with Yourself (Independent) and win when every living player has said either "8" or "eight" (in the context of the number), and will exit the game if you are still alive at the end of the phase. You can still win if you have been removed from the game. Messages that include "8" or "eight" as part of a larger word (such as "18" or "eighteen") or that include "8" or "eight" in a context other than the number (such as "i 8 some pie last night") do not count. You will receive a checklist at the end of each phase. If a player calls you out for trying to make them say something specific, they will permanently not count towards the total (they must be removed from the game before you are able to win).

If you are removed from the game, your flavor text and win condition will not be revealed, just your Character, Role Name, and Role Ability.

8 Button (Night)
Once per Night phase, you can choose a player to anonymously give the 8 Button to. They will have until the end of the next phase to press the button or not. If they press the button, the attached message will be sent to them. If they do not press the button, nothing will happen, but they will be unable to ever see the attached message. You will not be informed whether or not they press the button.
Use this ability with Give Button to <Player> saying <Message>

Aligned with Employee #432 (Host)
Employee #432
Settings Controller

While The Narrator thinks he is in charge of this world and this game of Mafia, you are the true being in control. Masquerading as a lowly co-worker of Stanley, you are the true mastermind of this world. You are able to freely control the settings of this world and the constants of the universe. The Narrator does not know of your existence, but you have revealed yourself to the Player many times.

Please enter the current time.

You are aligned with Employee #432 and win when an ending is achieved.

Settings Controller (Day, Night)
Several times per Day phase, you must update players on the current Votal present in the game. Once per Phase, you must tally all player actions and announce what players have died publicly.
The Boss
Fire Employee

You are the owner and director of the company that Stanley, Employee #427, works at. You have hired hundreds of employees, Stanley included, and control them with the Mind Control Facility you have in the basement. This machine also keeps all employees in constant surveillance, to make sure they're still under the effects of the machine.

In order to access your Mind Control Facility, one must type the code-2 8-4-5 into the keypad behind your desk. There's no way that Stanley or any other employee would be able to know this code, and would not be able to access the Mind Control Facility.

You are aligned with Employee #432 and win when an ending is achieved and no players who have broken the rules remain.

Fire Employee (Day, Night)
If a player is found breaking the rules, not participating, or otherwise deemed not fir for this game, you can fire them and remove them from the game. You may use this ability any number of times per Phase.
Use this ability with Fire: <Player>

During Night 5:
  • JamieIsBored targeted coordinator lissi #2 with a Cop.
  • Princess Abigail targeted JamieIsBored with Role Block.
JamieIsBored learned the alignment of coordinator lissi #2, even though this action was meant to be blocked.

Thank you everyone for playing The Stanley Parable Mafia, and apologies for the one big mistake I made. Any feedback on the setup, hosting process, and overall game would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom