• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Starters and New evolutions

Will the Starters get new evolutions?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Will the starters (Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott) get new evolutions? I just got done watching a video that suggested that they might. Of course, what would this mean for the other two members of each starter trio? I don't know. They could, but they might not.

If that were the case, they probably wouldn't have chosen a samurai, archer, and a badger with a lost in localization shogunate pun.
I agreee. If they wanted to give new forms/evolutions to the starters they could have chosen any of the 24 starters available and simply make the new evolutions fit the game theme. If they went with those three it's probably because to GF's eyes their evolutions already fit the game theme. I mean, what form do you wanna give to a samurai pokemon in ancient Sinnoh?

Instead of new evolutions, they might give Samurott and Typhlosion dual types. Samurott would become Water/Fighting since it is based on a samurai. Not sure about Typhlosion.

Instead of new evolutions, they might give Samurott and Typhlosion dual types. Samurott would become Water/Fighting since it is based on a samurai. Not sure about Typhlosion.
Considering I think there's no reason to change Decidueye and Samurott since they were chosen exactly for what they already are, it would be cool if Samurott and Typhlosion had dual types. Typhlosion could have the dark type...

Considering I think there's no reason to change Decidueye and Samurott since they were chosen exactly for what they already are, it would be cool if Samurott and Typhlosion had dual types. Typhlosion could have the dark type...
That would work. It would also be easier to do than design new forms or evolutions.

Probably not new evolutions but maybe a new form related to their ability. Maybe that's why they didn't show the starters abilities in the initial trailer.

I don't think they would do this unless it's a new typing. If they do this, it's because it's tied to a form or something else.

I like the idea since it would help to make the starters stand out more, but I think it would be too difficult to do when they are originally part of different regions and sets of starters. I do love the idea of Typhlosion getting an alternate form though. I've wanted that ever since Mega Evolutions were introduced.

Of course, if these guys get Megas or new evolutions, then the other two Starters of the trios will have to get them as well. That's why for ORAS, Sceptile and Swampert got Megas. If they didn't, everyone would just pick Torchic.

Very much doubt they are getting new evolutions (specially since this is a prequel, or else the game will have to explain why they don't have these evolutions further down in the timeline). Plus people that like the current final stages would be disappointed if they didn't evolve into them, unless these new evolutions were an alternate evolution.

At best they are getting Mega Evolutions.

This isn't a competitive game, folks. They've even removed abilities, and if you want Mega Evolution back, you're probably better off betting on BDSP. I am not sure why you'd want overpowered forms to take on wild Pokemon, and I for one have no interest in these starters being distinguished from their original peers forever (Ash-Greninja is bad enough and shouldn't return).

This isn't a competitive game, folks. They've even removed abilities, and if you want Mega Evolution back, you're probably better off betting on BDSP. I am not sure why you'd want overpowered forms to take on wild Pokemon, and I for one have no interest in these starters being distinguished from their original peers forever (Ash-Greninja is bad enough and shouldn't return).
Removed abilities? Where did we learn this?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom