• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The storyline?

The professor is the secret villain, like, he or she has been having you fight organizations who he tells you are bad, and taking things from them (that he tells you they stole), and then at the end its revealed that he/she was the real villain, those organizations you fought were good guys, and the professor was using you, he/she uses the items to kidnap legendaries and screw up the world (the usual), then youl have to stop him.

Of course, this gens champion will be the one to bust the professor for being evil... maybe even looker can come back.

On the Harry Potter note, Snape was NOT defeated by a kid. He was killed by voldemort. Voldemort fell because Harry had gained a further invulnerability against him, plus he was arrogant and incompetent.

Anyways, on the topic. A while ago, after the the release of Crystal I think, I came up with a plan where the villain team had already taken over but was treating people wrong and trying to gain control of all the pokemon in the region and you as the hero were trying to throw them out of power and allow peace, happiness, and freedom to flourish, as opposed to the pessimism, grief, and suffering.

Lance had honor, he only buffed stats. Giovanni uses the walk through walls, capture other trainer's Pokemon, and Pokegod codes. He also rules Glitch City.

On the Harry Potter note, Snape was NOT defeated by a kid. He was killed by voldemort. Voldemort fell because Harry had gained a further invulnerability against him, plus he was arrogant and incompetent.

Hey, I said I didn't like HP at all, OK? What did you expect? My point was that these games are fiction, so you should ALWAYS expect the good guys to win, whether the bad guys seem incredibly stupid or pure evil and really smart.

I'm just gonna come out and say it. If y'all don't like how Game Freak is making their Pokemon games and their plots, that's fine. But you shouldn't have high hopes for a more major, darker storyline in POKEMON because there's a good chance they won't go that way. 'Nuff said.

Word from the wise: Don't use examples from things you know nothing about.

anyways, I'm fine with plots. Like I said, it's an excuse plot. I focus on design and scenery first and foremost.

Just the same basics. Get a starter. Meet mystery team. Win gyms. Find out mystery team destroying the world. Stop them. Go to Elite 4 and champion. Win them. Get a ticket. Sail to some new area. Get bored there. Then what!?!

The main plot will be the same, but the details will be more developed.

Gen 1- Get Gym Badges, Beat Team Rocket.

Gen 2- Get Gym Badges, Stop Team Rocket from contacting Giovanni.

Gen 3- Get Gym Badges, Beat Contests, Stop Team Aqua/Magma from summoning Groudon/Kyogre so that they can reshape the world.

Gen 4- Get Gym Badges, Beat Contests, Stop Team Galactic from summoning Dialga/Palkia/Giratina so that they can reshape the UNIVERSE.

Gen 4- Get Gym Badges, Beat Contests, Stop Team Galactic from summoning Dialga/Palkia/Giratina so that they can reshape the UNIVERSE.
So following that structure, we should be looking at something like this:

Gen 5 - Get gym badges, beat contests, beat some other gimmick, stop Team ___ from summoning Reshiram/Zekrom/Insert 3rd legendary here so that they can reshape THE BORDER OF REALITY ITSELF.

The professor is the secret villain, like, he or she has been having you fight organizations who he tells you are bad, and taking things from them (that he tells you they stole), and then at the end its revealed that he/she was the real villain, those organizations you fought were good guys, and the professor was using you, he/she uses the items to kidnap legendaries and screw up the world (the usual), then youl have to stop him.

Of course, this gens champion will be the one to bust the professor for being evil... maybe even looker can come back.

I'd like this only if this means at some point you realise the starter Pokemon given to you was stolen. And, although not plot important, some NPC somewhere talks about missing his stolen *whichever starter you chose*. You don't get an option to return it, or tell him what happened, it's just mentioned so that you have an, "OOOOOOHHH so this is where my *starters I chose* came from" obviously after discovering the Professor is evil and pokemon stolen yada.

I hope the boss would be someone that the character knows in disguise...and I mean boss not admin like Pokemon Ranger...maybe the professor or the character's mother/father (and have the othe parent a gym leader like in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

It's hard to predict what the story will be like even when the main Legendary Pokemon are revealed, but I'm sure it will be more complicated than that of D/P and even Platinum. Or at least, that's what I want.

Also it would be pretty cool to see the evil team (or evil teams) try to do more stuff even after the player beats the Champion. Like in FR/LG.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom