• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Takoyaki Pan

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Gonna look in a bit and give some of my own input!! Eeeeee I'm excited to read!!
Thank you!!! There's not a lot but here's the thread I set up!!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Guuuuueeeeesssssss who bought her Switch!!?

Me!!

The one I'm buying was $200 (lucky for me selling my Switch got me just about enough!!), and comes with a controller (the Pro Controller I think?), and two games (not specified but I'll just sell them lol)!! Kinda a good deal, hopefully it's not too good to be true LOL~!!

But I loooooook forwaaaaards to finally being able to play once more!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
okay okay!!
-origami angel in their song "24 hour drive through"

uhmmmm...Nothing happened today!!

School is over in a few weeks...but WOW that's totally OK!!

I'm going to sleep soon, but if there's anyhing cool/fun you'd like to talk about, you totally can!!!

Hmmmm hmmm not that I feelparticularly sad, moreso kinda bored!? better play some games lol.

yay!!! :)

Blanc

▽ Part-time Subway Master ▲
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Lisia! I’m about to sleep myself because I have to be up pretty soon, hoping my pills will knock me out LOL! As for fun things hmm… I’m going to see a friend tomorrow irl for the first time at an amusement park! The ticket was expensive, but it’ll be a day of fun together so I’m kind of excited… I haven’t ridden a rollercoaster since like highschool! I’m a little scared I won’t survive the heat, given as frail as I am… but I’m gonna pack a lot of water! We’re gonna be there from 9 AM to 9 PM!!

Maybe I’ll doodle over some pictures I take… I’ll keep you updated 妹ちゃん! Enjoy your summer!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Lisia! I’m about to sleep myself because I have to be up pretty soon, hoping my pills will knock me out LOL! As for fun things hmm… I’m going to see a friend tomorrow irl for the first time at an amusement park! The ticket was expensive, but it’ll be a day of fun together so I’m kind of excited… I haven’t ridden a rollercoaster since like highschool! I’m a little scared I won’t survive the heat, given as frail as I am… but I’m gonna pack a lot of water! We’re gonna be there from 9 AM to 9 PM!!

Maybe I’ll doodle over some pictures I take… I’ll keep you updated 妹ちゃん! Enjoy your summer!
I saw your profile post!! Glad you made it out alive! Sounds like you had loooots of fun, and I'm glad you were able to have fun meeting with your friend!! The heat is spooky, it was 76 today! Maybe that isn't very hot though lol.
Alsowow 12 hours!? lots of coasters!!! This summer I'm going to go to a amusement park too! Rides are fun, but the tall ones are spooky!

As for me, today was good!! Didn't do too much~, but that's totally OK!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
MY SWITCH IS...HERE!!!

Currently doing a system backup!! Those things are important~ don't wanna break it!!

The whole of it all cost $200, and came with:
  • A case
  • The dock
  • The charger
  • Two Joycons (gray!)
  • A Pro Controller
  • Two games
    • The Witcher III
    • Binding of Isaac
  • The Switch tablet (duh!)
It was a really really good deal!! Almost too good (lol) but I'm having no issues so far~, it feels amazing to finally have my Switch again!! And finally, I can boot it into CFW again!!! Yessssssss~

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
So what happened this weekend?

Not much! I celebrated my lil sis's birthday (cotton-candy flavored ice cream cake is amazing), set up my Switch, played lots of games, talked to friends, and uhh? I don't know?

I tried the Mario Strikers testfire with my friends! It seemed nice, really I don't think it's something I'll play often but it exists?

I feel like I don't talk here much!! Like I want my entries to be like Blanc's. I get that it's totally OK that they aren't, of course, but...I feel like I don't exactly do too much? maybe I'll start taking notes on what's happened every day, so I can write a nice big lil post about it?

Because I want to like, show who I am? Maybe you already know who I am of course. I'm me!!

...hey, this is kinda? moderately-sized? not really...

Uhmmmmmmmmm...oh yeah, something to talk about!! And another thing!!

I'm gonna make okonomiyaki pizza sometime this week! I didn't last week sadly...oh god I forgot the other thing I was gonna talk about

I just remembered!! Summer!! It's coming in two weeks! Lots of fun, and I'll have a lot more time to do stuff and talk to everyone and cook more and do more art and write more!

My summer plans? What I just said, of course!! I want to practice tennis, I want to make more food, I want to draw more, I want to write more, and I want to have lots of fun!

Does anyone have...anything they'd like to talk about, or something?

I'm not doing much at school for the next two weeks so I'm bringing my 3DS! Maybe I'll bring my Switch sometime, but I'd have to be really careful with it...!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Since you've mentioned drawing...
Have you already planned what sort of things you'd like to draw : )
That's a good one, thank you!! I feel like starting with drawing chibi characters would be the best? Although I am worried that it could possibly mess up my...proportions and stuff, so, I'll ask around about what would be the best!

Hydrogenium

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/he/they
Although I am worried that it could possibly mess up my...proportions and stuff
I don't think it would be a problem if you plan to draw only chibi characters...
...I've tried drawing chibi characters and it was pretty hard for me... people say that you have to understand proportions and anatomy well before you break them, so I guess it's not an ideal thing to begin with.
On the other hand, if you know that drawing chibi characters is something you will enjoy more than drawing anything else (therefore it will motivate you), then go ahead! Honestly, I don't think that messed up proportions are something that can't be fixed : )

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
I had very messed up proprotions when I started drawing, probably chibi-ish in nature except chibi wasn't the goal, but I feel like I've been able to fix most of my major proportion issues. So speaking from experience, changing to a more realistically proportioned style should be perfectly doable if that's something you want to try later.

I've done some actual chibi art as well and it is a pretty simple style to learn. I can see it being a pretty good place to start learning some of the basics.

Chevywolf30

Local Lycanrocruff fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
Male
Sometimes when I draw, I get lucky and the proportions look right

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Yesterday I tripped and almost fell into a bathroom mirror!! Yikes!!

...Lately I've been kinda having a specific song in my head. The first ending to the "Baby Steps" anime, called ベイビーステップ (baby step), by BABYRAIDS JAPAN. The anime itself is pretty OK, I've gotten through a few episodes, it's just kinda "okay" to me really. The art isn't very good, it does seem a little older (similar to Kuroko's Basketball, those both look like older anime despite being in the 2010s). If you're looking for a tennis anime, I wholeheartedly recommend "Stars Align" (星合の空), it's beautiful.

Anyways, the whole of that anime, despite being made in like 2014 or whenever, gives me slight 2000s vibes. And I LOVE that.

IMG_5341.jpg

Right, back to (kinda) what I was talking about! So, like, something about that song just kinda gets me emotionally?

IMG_5326.jpg

Maybe it's because I like Natsu's (the girl in the ending video) design? And I want to be like her? Really, I'm drawn to anything that shows what I could be. A girl playing tennis? That's what I am, and what I want to look like. I want to BE recognized as it. Natsu's cute, after all, so I absolutely wouldn't mind being her. So that's part of my emotions towards the song.

The fact that I know what I want to be, yet I'm unable to fully realize that dream, is crushing to me. I can't do anything much about my situation and it kills me. I'll be going by my name at the college and that'll be amazing--I'll love it. But I can't...blend in or pass or anything. And it makes me incredibly sad. On the bright side I'm doing vocal training and stuff, but I don't know how the hell I convince my dad to let me grow my hair long!! I don't know if it would look good anyways (yet!)...like GOD things would be so much easier if I could be WHAT I WANT TO BE. Why!? fuckkkkkk

This turned into a rant about dysphoria and stuff, but that's me, so like...I don't know. The song itself gives me a lot of emotion of course and I feel like I kinda just connected the dots as to why I feel that. It's so beautiful~ like I want to sound like how they sing, I want to look like Natsu, I want to be myself.

Uhmmmmmm...was there anything I was leading up to? I wrote the beginning of this almost 6 hours ago...maybe summer?

Yeah!! Okay! More stuff!

IMG_5280.jpg
Just thinking about other music makes me happier. Even if I can't be what I want right now and it sucks so much you might think it's a "仕方がない" situation. But I dislike that phrase because usually SOMETHING, like even a little thing can be done, right!?
IMG_5310.jpg

Anyways~ so summer makes me think of ELLEGARDEN! One of Japan's best pop punk bands, and they're PURE 2000s. They're the soundtrack to my perfect summers (well, never perfect, but this one will be of course!!!), and...they're just great.

No.13 is a great song of theirs. Even though it's talking about September, I do like these opening lyrics: "September ninth/It's a sunny day/The smell of summer is still in the air/"

Like, summer here gets kinda hot at times. But it looks beautiful!! The blue skyyyyyy and...the smell of summer!! It's in the air!! For the past few weeks those words have really just kinda...been bouncing around in my head?

Summer is going to be good! I'm really glad to have friends here by my side, really. This will turn out to be my perfect summer. I'm sure of it!!

"I DON'T THINK I'M IRRATIONAL!"

Those lyrics just played! That's right, I'm listening to this song!

Music matches my mood. Sometimes I can change my mood WITH music!! It's maybe an interesting thing. But ohhhh man I feel like a 2000s summer poppunk girlllll~!

These pictures you're seeing, they're from today!! It was blue sky in the morning then it turned more gray/white in the afternoon! Neat!!

Man I am feeling better. Dysphoria comes and goes I guess, but like...music never goes away~!!

IMG_5342.jpg

Part of the reason I was taking so many pictures was to take inspiration for my VN. I'm aware that Hokkaido doesn't like up perfectly with Washington state, but even so, something's gotta match up!!

Besides, for all the buildings and stuff happening in my area, at least the trees are beautiful! It is pretty here I think~ yeah!!

"The tide is turning and it's getting high!"

Surfrider Association by ELLEGARDEN ↑ was my first Japanese pop punk song I listened to! My introduction into my favorite music, and I love it!!
IMG_5315.jpg

So...summer truly starts in a week and a half!! I'm gonna do so much, and it def will not be boring!!!
IMG_5317.jpg

I got an affogato with my friends after school today! We went to a coffee shop after school~ and it was great!!

"Make a wish! You'll be fine! Nothing's gonna let you down! Someone's there next to you holding you now!"

Make A Wish by ELLEGARDEN ↑

So what was the purpose of this post? I don't know!! I want to make more long ones like Blanc!! And talking about what I love, my friends and music, is an easy way to fill it up! Life is up and down, but...I tend to go back from the downs quickly. Does that make my sad moments invalid? No way!! I feel feelings like others! I'm a person too! Villager B can fight too!!

"Your life is all yours/so don't let other people force you to be good/Be kind to yourself!!"

Kaze no Hi by ELLEGARDEN↑

Listening to pop punk is basically how I act? ...That doesn't make sense!! Maybe, I'm me because of like, my mentality? And the "go have fun be positive" attitude is I think what ELLEGARDEN preaches? Same as Dizzy Sunfist and Kemuri and AIRFLIP, all of them. My life experiences make me, and lots of people are varied, but I think that like, making the best of what you have is how you'll be happiest! And being positive doesn't happen all the time for me, you all know that! But!! It does tend to make me waaaaaay happier.

Maybe this doesn't make sense at all? I don't really mind if you skipped to the end I guess? Maybe I do? Either way, my day was good, even if some annoying things happened! I got things done, I had fun, I know that I'm going to have all the fun in the world this summer!!!

And thank you for reading!! This was a lot so I understand if you just looked at the pictures, maybe listened to a cool song, whatever!! Thank you for being my friends~ and for supporting me (I sound like an idol now lol!!)

OH! I SHOULD BE A POP PUNK IDOL! ...wasn't there a song about that? THE WORLD'S FIRST POP PUNK PRINCESSSSSSSSSS♡☆

Uhm...I'm me!! And that's very cool~

Bye!!!! :)

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
True, you are you, and none can deny you of that.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
This is a short one but I'm really happy to be alive and that my life is exactly how it is. i wouldn't change a thing (actually except for my birth gender BUT UHH OTHER THAN THAT LOL

point is! life is great!!!!!!!! summertime yay!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I need to be reminded to write more!! Maybe I'll set alarms on my phone and have some people ping me to write LOL, I need to try working on my VN more!

Uhmmmm, in other news, I made pizza a few hours ago!

Once more stuff happens, I'm going to write a big post here, but for now, it's just this!! I'm here~

Blanc

▽ Part-time Subway Master ▲
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Wish I could try that pizza!!

And it's always great you're here!! I need to put ELLEGARDEN on my spotify... Busy day tomorrow so I'll listen to them in the car!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Based upon a recent question that @Orchid asked me in this thread, where we ask each other questions:
Hopefully you haven't been asked this before, but... @takoyaki - what, in your opinion, are the all-time best and worst things you've ever cooked? (Have you ever just had a total disaster trying to make something??)
And here's my answer!! I want to go into a lot more detail, but this is basically my "short answer".
That's a really great question!! Thank you Orchid, I don't think I've ever been asked this!!

I think I'd like to make a blog post going into more details about my cooking adventures, but I think the best thing has probably been the two times where I made pizza. On Friday I made pizza! And last month I did too! This was last month's!!
As for the worst thing...really just look at any of my posts from 2021 in The Cooking Thread!! I'm especially un-proud of the time where I made "imitation pizza", it like legitimately pales in comparison to what I can do now.

Like...I mean I would still eat that of course I guess????? But actually making good (looking? presentation is awesome) food makes me happy. What I can do now is way better.

I'm sorry if I sound haughty or stuckup or rude or anything. I'm just happy that I've gotten better at cooking? I mean the reason why I haven't taken down my earlier posts in The Cooking Thread is to show that cooking skills can heavily heavily heavily improve within the span of a year. Anything that you do can improve within the span of a year!!

and as for anything I've tried just being a disaster...I made gyoza for my Japanese class a few weeks ago, using a new recipe. the gyoza themselves tasted AMAZING and everyone really liked them!! but, when I fried most of them, they ended up breaking. so I had like, only like, 10 or 15 gyoza that actually were presentable, and the rest had filling that fell out. I was really upset!! but luckily my mom said "not everything you try will be perfect!", which was really kind of her. and it ended up being okay in the end~

And that's it! I'll go into more detail in my blog later~

Who now??? Uh, actually, @ConfectionerMari!!

I'd like to ask you the same question as Orchid, because I would like to hear your answer too~ and I know that you're really good at what you do too!

So, going into more detail with this!!

The first time I try to cook something, it never tends to turn out the best!! Like with crepes, I'm not very good at them! So the "oh yeah, of course" answer would probably be "anything that I try for the first time".
1655254205537.png

I think when I tried to make pizza around a year ago it wasn't good. Although, you can hardly call that a pizza?

Like...nah, that's not a pizza? I think??? It was just a flatbread with like, ranch and cheese or something. I was an airfryer goddess...

But!! Around a month ago (I think??), I actually tried to make a real pizza...literally only because that day we couldn't go out for pizza or anything, and I really wanted some! (If you can cook stuff, you can kinda eat whatever you want!! Love that part~) So, I thought, "Fine, I'll do it myself," and set off to attempt "real pizza".

It ended up getting done at like 12 AM, on a Saturday night. My parents very kindly stayed up with me (they were extremely tired by that time, but wanted to make sure I didn't get flustered/burn down the house) until that time yay! ...And reminded me to turn the oven off. I forgot! So I could have caused a fire...but now I always make sure to turn the oven off.

This pizza is a lil different, actually, though!! It's similar to the Japanese dish known as "okonomiyaki," which basically translates to "fried delicious stuff," well kinda. お好み (okonomi) means "favorite" or "as you like", and 焼き means "to fry" or "to bake" or "to grill", basically cooking something with a method involving heat. So maybe a better translation would be 'whatever you want, fried'? Anyways, okonomiyaki is also described as "a Japanese pancake," and typically comes with its' own sauce! But, uhm, so usually you put batter, cabbage, bacon, spring onions, Kewpie mayo, aonori, an egg, and that kinda thing on it.

Anything can go on or in okonomiyaki though, so don't be shy when you're making your own!! In Hiroshima Prefecture, yakisoba noodles often are in okonomiyaki!!

Funny thing is, I've actually never made okonomiyaki. I have a LOT of Japanese cookbooks that explain how to do it, but I've never gotten around to doing it. Actually, that kinda sounds good...I might do it tonight (if I have the ingredients), or maybe this weekend as an "end of the school year" celebration!! research research!!

So if you know anything about me, one of the things is that I literally ONLY cook Japanese food. I joke that I can't make anything else, but at some level I think it's true!! I have to figure out how to spin it in a Japanese way~

Anyways, so I thought to myself in true tako spirit, "I want to make pizza, but how do I make it Japanese, or at least influenced by Japanese food somehow?"

And...I had the idea to incorporate yakisoba in it. Then I realized that some of the ingredients in yakisoba are shared with okonomiyaki, so I spent like probably 30 minutes worrying about how I would actually accomplish my task.

Then I looked up a recipe for "okonomiyaki pizza", and then my life changed got a bit easier!!

...oh my god, I just looked up the website and the recipe isn't there anymore?????? Lucky for me, I saved the recipe!!

I didn't use all of the recipe, though. I modified it a bit, so it's my own creation!??!

Anyways, so I'll post below, my topsecret supersecret method I use to make myself okonomiyaki pizza!!

Top Bottom