• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Timeline of Fanfiction, Role-Playing Games, And the Canon (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavidun

Hello.
Reaction score
Phase One: Import Canon - Complete
Phase Two: Import Popular Fics and RPGs - Under Development

THIS IS MASSIVELY UNDER DEVELOPMENT. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE IN HERE!

Well, some fics are set at a point in time, in a certain universe. This can be quite confusing, for example, if you read many Ace Attorney Fics, Play Many Ace Attorney RPGs and play the Ace Attorney games. VERY confusing. So, I decided to make this.

During my free time, I will update this with what I believe to be the timeline of the Fanfic/RPG/CANON.

So, as a starting point, I will copy-paste the Pokémon Timeline. Then, I will add some RPGs and Fanfics.

Please post if you guess/know any Fic/RPG that happens at a point in time. I'd appreciate it so I can add it.

MODS: Please edit this for me if you get a chance.
MODS: If this is not suitable for the main forum, Please Move it to my Blog. Thanks.

BOLD: Canon from The Pokémon Games and Anime.
ITALICS: A Canon Point of a Fic or RPG
UNDERLINE: A Fans POV of a Fic or RPG

Let's GO!

History of the Pokémon World
Beginning
This information is based primarily on the mythology of both the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions.
In a vortex of complete chaos and nothingness, a single egg comes into being, which then hatches into Arceus, the first Pokémon in existence. Arceus creates Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, giving them power over time, space, and antimatter. Giratina, as punishment for its destructive nature, is sent by Arceus to live in the Distortion World. Dialga and Palkia succeed in creating the universe and Pokémon world, retreating into their own dimensions afterwards, with a point of access being at the ancient Spear Pillar in Sinnoh.
Arceus creates Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, giving knowledge, emotion, and willpower to all living things that come into existence in the Pokémon world. The three dive into caves at the bottom of Lake Verity, Lake Valor, and Lake Acuity in Sinnoh, giving them the name "lake guardians".
Kyogre is formed by the pressure in the deep sea trenches, Groudon is formed deep inside the Earth, likely from hardened magma and earth, and Rayquaza is formed by the minerals of the ozone layer. Rayquaza proceeds to fly around in the ozone layer, occasionally coming to rest at Sky Pillar. Kyogre and Groudon then proceed to fill the sea and create land, respectively. A chance meeting turns the two into rivals, and a conflict for dominance over the Pokémon world begins. This battle continues until Rayquaza quells it, causing Kyogre and Groudon to retreat to special caverns, where they rest until the events of Generation III many years later. The Red and Blue Orbs are created to prevent the reawakening of Kyogre and Groudon, and are left at Mt. Pyre for safekeeping. At this time, Mew may have been plentiful and lived in large numbers. Landmasses such as Mt. Coronet are created, and Regigigas moves the continents, forming the regions, and at some point created Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. The Sinnoh region is created around Mt. Coronet. During this violent procedure, Stark Mountain is created due to shifts in the crust of the world and Heatran is formed in a pool of lava. Arceus creates the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs before falling into a deep sleep.

Prehistory
This information is based primarily on the study of fossils and other archaeological remains. Some of this information is also based on scientific research.

Millions of years before Generation I:
Earliest known prehistoric Pokémon exist. It is possible that the Mew population may have decreased at this stage, as they slowly gave way to other Pokémon species.
First humans appear in the Pokémon world.
At some point after the Iron Age, Regigigas is sealed away in Snowpoint Temple, and Regirock, Regice and Registeel are sealed away at various points across the Hoenn region.
At some point 300 million years ago, Genesect was born and was known as the most powerful prehistoric Pokémon in existence.

2000 Years Before Gen V /Before the Anime
War breaks out. Soldiers leave Kanto by ship. (EP020)
A woman dies while waiting for her lover to return at Maiden's Peak, creating a haunted monument. (EP020)
Sir Aaron tries to stop the war. He seals his Lucario in a staff. (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew)

1500 years before Generation I (For anime events it's uncanon):
The earliest known system for writing is developed and used at the Ruins of Alph, Tanoby Ruins, and Solaceon Ruins. Archaeologists are currently unsure whether the nearly identical Unown preceded or succeeded the writing system, but it is assumed they share some sort of connection.
The Farfetch'd population decreases due to overhunting.
Magikarp population mutates and becomes weaker.

A war breaks out in the form of a clash between the Hero of Truth and Hero of Ideals, pitting Reshiram and Zekrom against each other and resulting in the devastation of the Hometown of the Earth. (M14) (The time here is Uncanon
Using power borrowed from Victini, the King of the People of the Earth moves his castle from the Hometown of the Earth to the site where Eindoak will later be founded, then dies, trapping Victini in the area. (M14) (See above
Recent History
Hundreds of years before Generation I:
The events of Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs's past.

c. 700 years before Generation I:
Bell Tower and Brass Tower are constructed in Ecruteak City, and Lugia and Ho-Oh perch at their tops.

c. 500 years before Generation I:
The first Spiritomb is sealed in the Hallowed Tower for its unforgivable misdeeds.
The Cianwood City Pharmacy is built.

c. 400 years before Generation I And the Anime:
Azalea Town in Johto is struck by a long-term drought. After bringing the rain back once again by yawning, Slowpoke gains an honorable position in that town.
The Pokémon move Toxic is invented by a ninja.
Azalea Town experiences a devastating drought that ends when a Slowpoke's yawn brings rain, prompting the town's people to begin a time-honored tradition of respect for all Slowpoke. (EP142)

300 Years Before the Anime
The Orange League takes place for the first time. (EP095)
200 Years Before the Anime
Early versions of Poké Balls are used. (EP232)
Lokoko's master, who looks identical to Brock, left his home in Johto to go on a journey. He never returns. (EP232)

c. 150 years before Generation I:
Brass Tower burns to the ground, killing three Pokémon inside. Lugia flees to the Whirl Islands, Ho-Oh resurrects the three as the legendary beasts and flies off in search of a pure-hearted Trainer.
The first Pokémon League competitions take place.

c. 200 years before Generation V:
Village Bridge is constructed after the river flooded the area.

c. 100 years before Generation V:
Klink begin to appear in Chargestone Cave.

c. 50 years before Generation V The Anime:
Elgyem and Beheeyem appear in the Desert Resort.
Samuel Oak is born. (Celebi: Voice of the Forest)

40 Years before The Anime Gen V
Samuel Oak goes on his Pokémon Journey. (Celebi: Voice of the Forest)

30 Years Before the Anime
Kaiser reports the existence of a Dratini in the Safari Zone. Thousands of people came to get the rare Pokémon, which literally destroys the Safari Zone in the process. Since then, they only allow Safari Balls there. (EP035)

1969:
First humans land on the Moon.

20 Years before The Anime:
Grings Kodai touches the time ripple, laying all of Crown City's plant life to waste. Kodai starts to have visions of the future, and Celebi stops visiting Crown City. (Zoroark: Master of Illusions)

??? (Between 15-20 years before the Anime)
Samuel Oak becomes a professor.
Delia and Spencer study as students of Professor Oak. (Spell of the Unown)
Jessie is born.
James is born.
James is arranged to marry Jessiebelle. (EP048)
James runs away from home. (EP048)
Daisy is born.
Violet is born.
Lily is born.
Johanna wins the Grand Festival.

15 Years before The Anime:
Brock is Born

Less than 10 years before Generation I ( And the Anime ):
The ferry S.S. Tidal is constructed.
The first Pokémon created by scientific engineering, Porygon, is created.
Rotom inhabits an abandoned mansion in Sinnoh.
Tracey is born.
Jessie and James enroll in a school called Pokémon Tech. They both drop out shortly after. (EP009)
Jessie and James join a bicycle gang in Sunny Town. (EP036)
Paul is born.
Zoey is born.
Misty is born. (EP003)
Ash is born. (EP001, Shopro)
May, Dawn and Trip are Born
Forrest is born. The rest of Brock's siblings are born afterwards, apparently each about a year or less apart.

7 Years Before
Max is born.

5 Years Before
Brock receives his first Pokémon from Flint, an Onix, as a present for his tenth birthday. (AG034)
Molly Hale is born.
Contempary History
Some years prior to Generation I:
A team of scientists discover a new Pokémon (at the time) deep in a jungle in Guyana, South America on July 5. They name the Pokémon Mew on July 10. Mew gives birth, the only known case of a live Pokémon birth (possibly due to the scientists' genetic experimentation), and the scientists name the newborn Mewtwo on February 6. Mewtwo escapes from and destroys Cinnabar Island's Pokémon Mansion on September 1 and then goes to Cerulean Cave. At some point after Mewtwo's birth, Mew goes to Faraway Island.
Meowth meets Meowzie. (EP070)
Meowth learns to talk. (EP070)
Meowth is rejected by Meowzie and joins Team Rocket. (EP070)
Jessie and James join Team Rocket. (SS012)
Brock catches a Geodude.
Flint leaves Pewter City to train, leaving the Pewter Gym in the hands of his oldest son, Brock. (EP005)
Lola leaves Pewter City out of boredom, leaving her children in the hands of her oldest son, Brock. (EP005)
In the dub of EP005, Flint says Lola died at this point, rather than leaving. In subsequent episodes where Lola appears, the dub follows the original with Lola leaving home and leaving everything in Brock's care.
Misty catches Goldeen, Staryu, and Starmie.
Tracey catches Venonat and Marill.
Misty leaves Cerulean City to train, leaving the Cerulean Gym in the hands of Daisy, Lily, and Violet. (EP007)

Mr. Fuji, the writer of the Pokémon Mansion journals, goes to Faraway Island and leaves a message on the island's sign on the 6th of September, October, November, or December (depending on which of these months appear in the message) sometime after Mewtwo's escape.
After leaving his message in Faraway Island, Mr. Fuji goes to Lavender Town and has lived there ever since.
Sabrina's gym is declared the official gym of Saffron City after a Pokémon battle between Sabrina and the leader of the Fighting Dojo.
Giratina returns to the Pokémon world.

The Battle Frontier opens in Hoenn.

One year prior to Generation I:
Professor Rowan goes to Kanto to research the myths of the region.
Paul turns 10.
Paul begins his Pokémon journey. He chooses Turtwig as his starter. (DP040)

Paul enters the Hoenn league (DP040)
Paul then enters the Johto league.
Paul captures his Elekid, Murkrow, and Weavile. (DP040)
Paul finally travels to the Kanto league.
Zoey competes in 3 Contests and wins 1 of them.
Paul returns home to Sinnoh and captures a Ninjask and Chimchar. [/B]

Generation I/III:
The events of Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald:
Red/Leaf leaves Pallet Town on his/her Pokémon journey after their rival, Professor Oak's grandson, Blue. After getting the eight badges of Kanto, defeating Team Rocket along the way, he/she challenges Kanto's Elite Four, then its current Champion, none other than Blue himself. After defeating Blue, Red/Leaf becomes the Champion, then ventures to the Sevii Islands to eradicate Team Rocket and help Celio to connect his Pokémon Net Center to the Hoenn region.
Brendan/May leaves Littleroot Town on a Pokémon journey shortly after moving to the Hoenn region from Johto by saving the local Pokémon Professor from an attacking wild Pokémon. At first, there is a deep-seated rivalry with Professor Birch's son/daughter, however, later on, the rivalry is with Wally instead. After defeating Hoenn's eight Gym Leaders and, with the help of Rayquaza, calming both Groudon and Kyogre, released from their banishment by Team Magma and Team Aqua, respectively, he/she challenges and defeats Hoenn's Elite Four and current Champion, becoming the Champion him/herself, much to the astonishment of Birch's child.

Between Generation I/III and Generation II/IV:
The events of Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon Ranger.
Eruption of the volcano on Cinnabar Island causes destruction of many areas on the island.
Blue takes the position of Gym Leader in the now empty Viridian Gym.
Red leaves to Mt. Silver, training day and night, leaving Lance to act as Champion, while Lorelei returns to her home in Four Island, and Agatha retires from her position as a member of the Kanto Elite Four. This leaves three vacancies on the roster for Elite Four.
Two of these vacancies are filled by Karen and Will. The other is filled by Koga, who abdicates his position as Gym Leader to his daughter, Janine.
Extensive research confirms the existence of Steel and Dark-types in the region of Kanto. (The events of FireRed and LeafGreen retcon this discovery and say that they had always been known as Generation III and I are considered to take place contemporaneously. This is backed up by HeartGold and SoulSilver, when Jasmine's pre-battle speech was changed from the subject that the Steel-type was recently discovered.)
Baoba leaves Kanto when its Safari Zone is closed and begins planning to open a new Safari Zone in Johto, as a replacement.
A Pal Park is opened in place of the Kanto Safari Zone.
Miracle Cycle moves from Cerulean City to Goldenrod City.
Groudon and Kyogre retreat to the region of Fiore to rest after their battle.
Giratina returns to the Distortion World.
A new Battle Frontier is built in Sinnoh and Johto.
Blaine relocates his gym to the Seafoam Islands due to his gym on Cinnabar Island being destroyed by a volcanic eruption.

After Generation I/III:
Humans abandon the PokéPark.
The Sky Prism breaks.
The events of PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure.

Three years after Generation I/Generation III (Generation II/Generation IV):
The events of Gold, Silver, Crystal, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.
Ethan/Kris/Lyra leaves New Bark Town on an errand for Professor Elm, bonding with his/her starter Pokémon on the way. A red-haired boy steals one of Elm's three Pokémon, and challenges him/her as Ethan/Kris/Lyra's journey across Johto continues. A revived Team Rocket, using plans formulated three years prior, enrages many Gyarados, including a red one, at the Lake of Rage as they proceed to take over the Goldenrod Radio Tower in a desperate attempt to contact Giovanni. As they are defeated, the leader vows to never again re-form Team Rocket, and Ethan/Kris/Lyra continues to gather Johto's badges, eventually gaining all eight and traveling to the Pokémon League at the Indigo Plateau in Kanto. After defeating the Elite Four and their Champion, Lance, Ethan/Kris/Lyra then heads to the Kanto region to challenge its eight gyms, which have changed from three years prior. After gaining all eight of their badges, for a total of sixteen, Professor Oak declares him/her ready to travel to Mt. Silver, where he/she meets and defeats Red.

Lucas/Dawn and Barry leave Twinleaf Town in an attempt to see a Pokémon like the recently reported red Gyarados in the nearest of Sinnoh's lakes, Lake Verity. After being attacked by a wild Starly at the lake, and using one of Professor Rowan's Pokémon to fend off the attacker, (apart from in Platinum canon, where they receive their starter Pokémon before actually reaching the lake) their journey begins in earnest, and both Lucas/Dawn and Barry challenge the Sinnoh region's eight gyms to gain the badges necessary to challenge the Pokémon League. Along the way, however, Lucas/Dawn is brought into many conflicts with Team Galactic, whose leader, Cyrus, wishes to remake the entire universe in his image with the powers of the legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia. Defeating the team and calming Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Lucas/Dawn challenges Sinnoh's Elite Four and Champion, Cynthia, and becomes Champion him/herself.
Hayley, a friend of Bebe, opens up a Pokémon Ranch.

Approximately two years after Generation II/Generation IV:
Cipher and Team Snagem return in the Orre Region, and create XD001, a supposedly unpurifiable Shadow Pokémon, but their plans are thwarted by Michael. Meanwhile, Dr. Kaminko and Chobin invent Robo Groudon and Robo Kyogre, and Professor Krane invents the purification chamber, where Shadow Pokémon can be purified more easily.

Between Generation II/IV and Generation V:
The Team Rocket Grunt who stole the Machine Part returns to Unova intending to reform Team Rocket there as he previously stated. He later falls in love and has a son, moving to Icirrus City.
Caitlin leaves the Sinnoh Battle Frontier and returns to Unova, becoming an Elite Four member.

A few years after Generation II/Generation IV (Generation V):
The events of Black and White.

Recent Activity
Original series

Kanto
Season 1

Pokémon, I Choose You!

Ash turns 10.
Gary turns 10.
Two unnamed and unknown Trainers receive Pokédexs and starter Pokémon from Professor Oak. One chooses Bulbasaur, the other chooses Charmander.
The two unknown rookie Trainers leave Pallet Town
Gary receives a Pokédex and his starter Pokémon from his grandfather, Professor Oak. He chooses a Squirtle.
Gary leaves Pallet Town to become a Pokémon Trainer.
Ash receives a Pokédex and his starter Pokémon from Professor Oak. He chooses the only Pokémon left, Pikachu.
Ash leaves Pallet Town to become a Pokémon Trainer.
Ash attempts to capture a Pidgey. He fails miserably.
Ash meets Misty and steals her bicycle.
Pikachu attacks a flock of Spearow, destroying Misty's bike and depleting its health in the process.
Ash sees a Ho-Oh.

Pokémon Emergency!

Ash arrives in Viridian City.
Misty begins following Ash until he repays her for her broken bicycle.
Ash meets Team Rocket as they attempt to rob the Pokémon Center.
Team Rocket is defeated by Pikachu for the first of many, many times. They vow to capture it.
Ash and Misty leave Viridian City.
Ash and Misty enter the Viridian Forest.

Ash Catches a Pokémon!

Ash and Misty are in the Viridian Forest.
Ash catches Caterpie.
Ash catches Pidgeotto.
Caterpie evolves into Metapod.

Challenge of the Samurai

Ash and Misty are in the Viridian Forest.
Metapod evolves into Butterfree.

Showdown in Pewter City

Two weeks have passed since the first episode.
Ash and Misty leave Viridian Forest.
Ash and Misty arrive in Pewter City.
Ash meets Flint.
Ash goes to Pewter Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Brock. He loses by forfeit.
With the help of Flint, Ash supercharges his Pikachu at an abandoned mill.
Ash goes to Pewter Gym and rechallenges Brock. He loses by forfeit again, despite having a lucky advantage from the sprinklers going off.
Brock gives Ash the Boulder Badge despite his forfeiting.
Flint reveals himself as Brock's father, and reclaims the responsibilities of being Gym Leader and taking care of Brock's siblings.
Brock joins Ash, starting his journey to become a Pokémon Breeder.
Ash and his friends leave Pewter City.

Clefairy and the Moon Stone

Ash and his friends arrive at Mt. Moon.
Brock catches Zubat.
Ash and his friends leave Mt. Moon.

Water Flowers of Cerulean City

Misty leaves Ash to avoid going to Cerulean City.
Ash and Brock arrive in Cerulean City.
Brock leaves Ash for the day.
Ash goes to Cerulean Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, who he learns is Misty.
Ash's battle against Misty is interrupted by Team Rocket.
Daisy, Lily, and Violet give Ash the Cascade Badge despite the inconclusive match.
Misty and Brock rejoin Ash.
Ash and his friends leave Cerulean City.

Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village

Ash and his friends get lost on the way to Vermilion City. They find the Hidden Village.
Ash catches Bulbasaur.
Ash and his friends leave the Hidden Village, returning to the route to Vermilion City.

Charmander the Stray Pokémon

Ash and his friends are en route to Vermilion City.
Ash catches Charmander.

Here Comes the Squirtle Squad

Ash and his friends are en route to Vermilion City.
Ash catches Squirtle.

Mystery at the Lighthouse

Ash catches Krabby.
Ash sends Krabby to Professor Oak's Laboratory, unbeknownst to him.
Ash meets Bill.
Ash, his friends, and Bill see a giant Dragonite.

Electric Shock Showdown

Ash goes to Vermilion Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Lt. Surge. He loses.
Pikachu reveals that it does not want to evolve into Raichu.
Ash goes to Vermilion Gym and rechallenges the Gym Leader. He wins.
Lt. Surge gives Ash the Thunder Badge.

Battle Aboard the St. Anne

Ash and his friends board the St. Anne.
Ash trades Butterfree for Raticate.
James buys a Magikarp from the Magikarp salesman.
Ash trades back Raticate for Butterfree.
The St. Anne sinks with Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket still aboard.

Pokémon Shipwreck

A funeral at sea is held for Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket.
Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket escape from the sunken St. Anne.
Magikarp evolves into Gyarados.
James loses control of Gyarados and thus releases it.

Island of the Giant Pokémon

An amusement park owned by Giovanni is wrecked by Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket.
Ash and his friends arrive in Porta Vista.

Tentacool and Tentacruel

Misty catches Horsea.
Porta Vista is attacked by a giant Tentacruel and a swarm of Tentacool.
Ash and his friends leave Porta Vista in a boat headed for the mainland.

The Ghost of Maiden's Peak

It is the last day of summer.

Bye-Bye Butterfree

Ash and his friends are en route to Saffron City.
Butterfree becomes the mate of the pink Butterfree.
Ash releases Butterfree.

Abra and the Psychic Pokémon

Ash and his friends arrive in Saffron City.
Ash goes to Saffron Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Sabrina. He loses.
Ash and his friends leave Saffron City.

The Tower of Terror

Ash and his friends arrive in Lavender Town.
Ash enters the Pokémon Tower.
Ash and Pikachu are knocked out by a falling chandelier and their spirits fly around the Pokémon Tower, having fun with a Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar.
Ash befriends Haunter.
Ash and Pikachu are revived.

Haunter Versus Kadabra

Ash goes to Saffron Gym and rechallenges the Gym Leader, Sabrina. He loses again.
Brock and Misty are turned into dolls.
Ash goes to Saffron Gym and rechallenges Sabrina. Because of Haunter making Sabrina laugh, he wins.
Brock and Misty are returned to normal.
Sabrina gives Ash the Marsh Badge.
Ash leaves Haunter with Sabrina.

Primeape Goes Bananas

Charmander learns Rage.
Ash catches Primeape.

Pokémon Scent-sation

Ash and his friends arrive in Celadon City.
Ash is thrown out of Celadon Gym.
Ash cooperates with Team Rocket, who disguise him as a girl.
Ash goes to Celadon Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Erika.
Ash's battle against Erika is interrupted by Team Rocket.
Celadon Gym catches on fire.
Ash rescues Erika's Gloom from the fire.
Erika gives Ash the Rainbow Badge.

Hypno's Naptime

Ash and his friends arrive in HopHopHop Town.
Misty catches Psyduck by accident.
Ash and his friends leave HopHopHop Town.

Pokémon Fashion Flash

Ash and his friends are on Scissor Street in Celadon City.
Brock meets Suzy, a famous breeder whom he admires greatly.
Brock asks Suzy to teach him to be a great breeder. She turns him down.
Brock receives Vulpix from Suzy.

The Punchy Pokémon

Ash and Brock enter the P1 Grand Prix with Geodude and Primeape.
Ash and Primeape win the P1 Grand Prix.
Ash gives Primeape to Anthony.

Sparks Fly for Magnemite

Ash and his friends arrive in Gringey City.
Ash catches Muk.
Ash sends Muk to Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash and his friends leave Gringey City.

Dig Those Diglett

Several months have passed since the first episode.
Ash and his friends are en route to Fuchsia City.
Ekans evolves into Arbok.
Koffing evolves into Weezing.

The Ninja Poké-Showdown

Ash and his friends arrive in Fuchsia City.
Ash goes to Fuchsia Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Koga.
Ash's battle against Koga is interrupted by Team Rocket.
Ash rechallenges Koga. He wins.
Misty discovers Psyduck's ability to use Confusion and Disable when it gets a headache.
Koga gives Ash the Soul Badge.

The Flame Pokémon-athon

Ash and his friends look for the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City. They enter the Pokémon reserves surrounding the Safari Zone.

The Kangaskhan Kid

Ash and his friends look for the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City. They are still in the Pokémon reserves surrounding the Safari Zone.

The Legend of Dratini

Ash and his friends enter the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City.
Ash catches thirty Tauros.
Ash and his friends leave the Safari Zone and Fuchsia City.

The Bridge Bike Gang

Ash and his friends cross Cycling Road. Their next Gym destination at this point is not clear.

Pikachu's Good-Bye

Pikachu reveals that it would rather stay with Ash than wild Pikachu.

Holiday Hi-Jynx

It is Christmas Eve.
Ash and his friends help to save Santa Claus from Team Rocket.

The March of the Exeggutor Squad

Ash's Charmander evolves into Charmeleon.

The Problem with Paras

Ash's Charmeleon starts to disobey him.

The Song of Jigglypuff

Ash and his friends help a Jigglypuff learn to Sing.

Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon

Ash's Charmeleon evolves into Charizard.
Ash finds an egg. Brock starts taking care of it.

Princess Versus Princess

Chronologically, this episode actually takes place before So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd. It was not aired in order.
It is Princess Day.
Jessie catches Lickitung.

Who Gets to Keep Togepi?

The egg hatches into Togepi.
After a battle, Togepi goes to Misty, since it saw her right after hatching and believes she is its mother.

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden

Bulbasaur reveals that it does not want to evolve into an Ivysaur.

The Purr-fect Hero

It is Kid's Day.

Pokémon Paparazzi

Ash meets Todd.
Todd joins Ash.

The Breeding Center Secret

James finds his Weepinbell has evolved into Victreebel.
Todd leaves Ash.

Riddle Me This

Ash and his friends arrive on Cinnabar Island.
Ash challenges Blaine to a Gym battle.

Volcanic Panic

Ash forfeits his match with Blaine, not wanting Pikachu to get hurt.
Blaine grants Ash a rematch after he and his friends save Cinnabar Gym.
Ash defeats Blaine.
Blaine gives Ash the Volcano Badge.

Beach Blank-Out Blastoise

Ash and his friends leave Cinnabar Island.

The Misty Mermaid

Misty leaves Horsea and Starmie at the Cerulean Gym.
Seel evolves into Dewgong.

The Battle of the Badge

A year has passed since the first episode.
Jessie and James give Ash the Earth Badge.

It's Mr. Mime Time

Delia catches Mimey.
Mewtwo escapes from Giovanni.

The Evolution Solution

Jessie catches Shellder.
Jessie releases Shellder.

To Master the Onixpected

Ash meets Bruno.

Bad to the Bone

Ash and his friends arrive at the Indigo Plateau.

All Fired Up

The Pokémon League has its opening ceremonies.

Round One - Begin!

Krabby evolves into Kingler.
Ash defeats Mandi and wins his first round battle at the Pokémon League.

Fire and Ice

Ash defeats an unnamed Trainer and wins his second round battle at the Pokémon League.
Ash defeats Pete Pebbleman and wins his third round battle at the Pokémon League.

The Fourth Round Rumble

Gary loses his fourth round battle at the Pokémon League.
Gary returns home to Pallet Town.
Ash defeats Jeanette Fisher and wins his fourth round battle at the Pokémon League.

A Friend In Deed

Ash meets Ritchie.

Friend and Foe Alike

Ash loses to Ritchie in his fifth round battle at the Pokémon League.

Friends to the End

Ritchie loses in his quarterfinals round battle at the Pokémon League.

Pallet Party Panic

Pidgeotto evolves into Pidgeot.
Ash releases Pidgeot.

Orange Islands
Season 2

A Scare in the Air

Ash and his friends take a blimp to Valencia Island.

Poké Ball Peril

Ash meets Professor Ivy.
Ash gets the GS Ball.
Brock decides to stay on Valencia Island as Professor Ivy's assistant.

The Lost Lapras

Ash and Misty crash land in Pokémon Park on Tangelo Island.
Ash meets Tracey.
Ash decides to travel throughout the rest of the Orange Islands and compete in the Orange League before returning to Pallet Town to deliver the GS Ball to Professor Oak.
Ash catches Lapras.
Tracey joins Ash and Misty.

Fit to be Tide

Ash arrives on Mikan Island.
Cissy gives Ash the Coral-Eye Badge.

Navel Maneuvers

Ash arrives on Navel Island.
Danny gives Ash the Sea Ruby Badge.

Snack Attack!

Ash catches Snorlax.

Tracey Gets Bugged

Ash arrives on Murcott Island.
Tracey catches Scyther.

The Mandarin Island Miss Match

Ash arrives on Mandarin Island So..
Ash meets Prima.

Misty Meets Her Match!

Ash arrives on Trovita Island.
Rudy gives Ash the Spike Shell Badge.

Charizard Chills

Ash's Charizard begins to obey Ash.

Pokémon Double Trouble

Ash arrives on Kumquat Island.
Luana gives Ash the Jade Star Badge.

The Stun Spore Detour

Misty catches Poliwag.

Hello Pummelo

Ash arrives on Pummelo Island.
Ash challenges Drake.

Enter The Dragonite

Ash defeats Drake.
Drake gives Ash the Orange League Trophy.

Viva Las Lapras

Ash releases Lapras.

A Tent Situation

Pre-episode
Brock's heart is broken by Professor Ivy.
Brock leaves Valencia Island.
Brock is found by Delia outside of Pallet Town.
Brock starts helping Delia around the house.
Ash returns to Pallet Town.
Ash reunites with Brock.

The Rivalry Revival

Ash loses a battle to Gary, with his Pikachu being defeated by Eevee.
Gary leaves Pallet Town to go to Johto.
Brock rejoins Ash and Misty.
Tracey decides to stay in Pallet Town to be Professor Oak's assistant.
Ash receives a new version of the Pokédex, upgraded for Johto.
Ash and his friends leave Pallet Town to go to Johto.

Johto
Season 3

Don't Touch That 'Dile

Ash and his friends arrive in Johto.
Ash and his friends see a Suicune.

The Double Trouble Header

Ash meets Casey.

A Sappy Ending

Ash catches Heracross.

Snubbull Snobbery

Ash and his friends arrive in Palm Hills.
Snubbull runs away from home and starts following Team Rocket.
Ash and his friends leave Palm Hills.

The Chikorita Rescue

Ash catches Chikorita.

A Bout With Sprout

Ash and his friends arrive in Violet City.

Fighting Flyer with Fire!

Falkner gives Ash the Zephyr Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Violet City.

Charizard's Burning Ambitions

Ash leaves Charizard at Charicific Valley.

Good 'Quil Hunting

Ash catches Cyndaquil.

A Shadow of a Drought

Ash and his friends arrive in Azalea Town.
Ash meets Kurt.

Goin' Apricorn

Ash, Misty, and Brock each receive a Fast Ball.
Brock catches Pineco.

Gettin' The Bugs Out

Bugsy gives Ash the Hive Badge.
Ash and Misty both receive a Lure Ball.
Brock receives a Heavy Ball.
Ash and his friends leave Azalea Town.

Tricks Of The Trade

Ash and his friends arrive in Palmpona.
Ash exchanges his Heracross for one of his Tauros.
Jessie accidentally trades Lickitung to Benny for Wobbuffet.
Ash and his friends leave Palmpona.

The Fire-ring Squad

Ash sends his Tauros back to Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Squirtle returns to the Squirtle Squad.

The Totodile Duel

Ash catches Totodile.
Misty's Poliwag evolves into Poliwhirl.

Fowl Play

Ash catches Noctowl.

Pikachu & Pichu

Ash states that this is the anniversary of the day he and Pikachu first met.

Season 4

A Goldenrod Opportunity

Ash and his friends arrive in Goldenrod City.
Ash challenges Whitney to a Gym battle but loses.

A Dairy Tale Ending

Ash challenges Whitney to an unofficial rematch and wins.
Whitney gives Ash the Plain Badge.

The Bug Stops Here

Ash catches Beedrill.
Ash wins the Bug-Catching Contest.
Ash receives a Sun Stone.
Ash gives Beedrill to Casey.

Hassle In The Castle

Brock's Zubat evolves into Golbat.

Hook, Line and Stinker

Ash catches a Seaking.
Misty catches a Seaking.
Misty wins the Seaking Catching Day Competition.
Ash releases Seaking.
Misty releases Seaking.

Beauty and the Breeder

Brock returns Vulpix to Suzy.

Power Play

Pre-episode
Gary's Eevee evolves into Umbreon.

Trouble With Snubbull

Madame Muchmoney's Snubbull evolves into Granbull.
Granbull returns to Madame Muchmoney.

A Ghost Of A Chance

Ash and his friends arrive in Ecruteak City.

From Ghost to Ghost

Morty gives Ash the Fog Badge.

Trouble's Brewing

Ash meets Sakura.
Ash and his friends leave Ecruteak City.

Moving Pictures

Todd Snap rejoins Ash.
Ash uses his Sun Stone.

Freeze Frame

Todd leaves Ash.

The Ring Masters

Ash wins the Pokémon Sumo Competition.
Ash receives a King's Rock.

Control Freak

Brock's Golbat evolves into Crobat.

Current Events!

Ash's Chikorita evolves into Bayleef.

Fight for the Light

Ash and his friends arrive in Olivine City.
Ash learns that Jasmine is not accepting Gym battles at the present time.
Ash and his friends leave Olivine City.

Machoke, Machoke Man

Ash and his friends arrive in Cianwood City.
Chuck gives Ash the Storm Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Cianwood City.

Season 5

Around the Whirlpool

Ash and his friends begin traveling around the Whirl Islands.

A Corsola Caper

Misty catches Corsola.

Octillery The Outcast!

Ash and Misty pass the qualifying match to enter into the Whirl Cup.

Dueling Heroes

Ash and Misty each win their first two battles in the Whirl Cup.
Ash and Misty learn they will be facing each other in the quarterfinals.

The Perfect Match

Ash loses to Misty in the quarterfinals.
Misty loses to Trinity in the semifinals.
Trinity loses to the Whirl Cup Champion.

The Mystery is History!

Ash encounters Ritchie again.
Team Rocket traps the child Lugia.

A Parent Trapped!

Pre-episode
Zippo evolves into Charmeleon.
Team Rocket traps the parent Lugia.

A Promise is a Promise

The parent and child Lugia are rescued from Team Rocket.
Ash parts ways with Ritchie again.

Throwing in the Noctowl!

Ash and his friends leave the Whirl Islands.
Ash and his friends arrive in Olivine City.

Nerves of Steelix

Jasmine gives Ash the Mineral Badge.

Bulbasaur... the Ambassador!

Ash sends Bulbasaur to Professor Oak's Laboratory.

Espeon Not Included!

Pre-episode
Sakura's Eevee evolves into Espeon.
Ash and his friends arrive in Ecruteak City.
Ash encounters Sakura again.

For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll

Ash meets Eusine.
Ash and his friends see a Suicune.
Eusine tries and fails to catch Suicune.
Ash and his friends leave Ecruteak City.

Extreme Pokémon!

Ash and his friends arrive in Eggseter.
Ash and Gary enter the Extreme Pokémon Race.
Ash wins the Extreme Pokémon Race.
Ash receives an egg.
Ash and his friends leave Eggseter.

Hatching a Plan!

Ash's egg hatches into Phanpy.

Dues and Don'ts

Delibird begins following Team Rocket.

Talkin' 'Bout an Evolution

Ash and his friends arrive at Lake of Rage.
Ash meets Lance.

Rage Of Innocence

Lance catches the red Gyarados.
Ash meets Pryce.
Ash and his friends leave Lake of Rage.

As Cold as Pryce!

Ash and his friends arrive in Mahogany Town.

Nice Pryce Baby

Pryce gives Ash the Glacier Badge by forfeit.
Ash and his friends leave Mahogany Town.

Hocus Pokémon

Ash turns into a Pikachu.

As Clear As Crystal

Ash turns back into a human.
Ash and his friends see a Zapdos.

Outrageous Fortunes

Misty's Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed with Ash's King's Rock.

Beauty is Skin Deep

Ash and his friends arrive in Blackthorn City.

Fangs for Nothin'

Ash and Clair have a Gym battle, but it's interrupted by Team Rocket.

Great Bowls of Fire

Charizard returns to Ash.

Better Eight Than Never

Ash and Clair begin their second Gym battle.
Clair gives Ash the Rising Badge.
Charizard returns to the Charicific Valley.

Why? Wynaut!

Ash learns about the Silver Conference from Clair.
Ash and his friends leave Blackthorn City.

Lapras of Luxury

Ash encounters his Lapras again.
Ash agrees to deliver an egg to Professor Elm.

Hatch Me If You Can!

The egg hatches into Larvitar.
Ash agrees to take Larvitar to Mt. Silver.

Entei at Your Own Risk

Brock's Pineco evolves into Forretress.
Ash and his friends see an Entei.

Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid!

Pre-episode
Casey's Bayleef evolves into Meganium.
Ash meets Casey again.
James trades Victreebel to the Magikarp salesman for a Weepinbell.
James's second Weepinbell evolves into Victreebel.
The two Victreebel fall in love and run off together.
Casey catches Elekid.

Address Unown!

Unown shows Ash and his friends the memories of Larvitar.

Mother Of All Battles!

Ash and his friends arrive at Mt. Silver.
Larvitar is returned to its mother.

Pop Goes The Sneasel!

Ash meets Harrison.
Harrison catches Sneasel.

A Claim to Flame!

Ash, Gary and Harrison qualify for the Silver Conference.
The Silver Conference begins.

Love, Pokémon Style!

Squirtle returns to Ash.
Ash defeats Macy in the preliminary round of the Silver Conference.

Tie One On!

Macy defeats Jackson in the preliminary round of the Silver Conference.
Ash and Jackson have a draw in the preliminary round of the Silver Conference.
Ash, Gary, and Harrison qualify for the finals of the Silver Conference.

The Ties That Bind

Harrison advances to the second round of the finals of the Silver Conference.
Ash starts his battle against Gary.

Can't Beat the Heat!

Ash defeats Gary.
Ash advances to the second round of the finals of the Silver Conference.
Ash starts his battle against Harrison.

Playing with Fire!!

Ash continues his battle against Harrison.

Johto Photo Finish

Harrison defeats Ash.
Charizard returns to the Charicific Valley.
Harrison loses in the semi-finals of the Silver Conference.
Jon Dickson wins the Silver Conference.
Harrison suggests Ash should go to Hoenn.
Harrison goes to the Indigo League.
Gary leaves for Pallet Town.
Ash and his friends leave for Pallet Town.

Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Ash and his friends arrive in Viridian City.
Misty is reappointed Gym Leader of the Cerulean Gym by Daisy, Violet, and Lily.
Misty receives her repaired bike from Nurse Joy.
Misty leaves Ash to return to the Cerulean Gym.
Brock leaves Ash to return to the Pewter Gym.
Ash sees Ho-Oh again.
Ash leaves all his Pokémon but Pikachu at Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash changes into his second outfit.
Ash leaves for Hoenn.

Hoenn Alone...!

Ash makes his way to Hoenn.
Pikachu becomes ill.

Advanced Generation
Hoenn
Season 6

Get the Show on the Road

Pre-episode
May turns 10.
Ash arrives in Hoenn.
May arrives in Littleroot Town.
Ash meets May.
Team Rocket gives Pikachu an outlet to discharge, which recovers it from its illness.
Pikachu destroys May's bike.
May receives a Pokédex and her starter Pokémon from Professor Birch. She chooses Torchic.
May joins Ash.
Ash and May leave Littleroot Town.

A Ruin with a View

Ash and May arrive in Oldale Town.
Giovanni assigns Jessie and James to start a Team Rocket branch in Hoenn.
Ash and May leave Oldale Town.

A Family That Battles Together Stays Together!

Pre-episode
Lola returns to Pewter City.
Lola redecorates the Pewter Gym, remodelling it to suit Water-type Pokémon.
Flint closes the Pewter Gym in embarrassment.
Brock returns to Pewter City.
Brock fights to return Pewter Gym to a Rock-type Gym.
Brock gives Forrest his Onix, Geodude, and Crobat.
Brock changes into his second outfit.
Brock leaves for Hoenn.

There's no Place Like Hoenn

Ash and May arrive in Petalburg City.
Ash meets Max.
Ash learns Norman is the father of May and Max.
Max joins Ash.
Max gets a PokéNav.
Ash and his friends leave Petalburg City.

Cerulean Blues

Misty returns to the duties of being Gym Leader of the Cerulean Gym.
Misty regains Horsea, Starmie, and the other Pokémon of the Cerulean Gym.
Misty tames Gyarados.
Cerulean Gym passes the inspection of the Pokémon League.

You Never Can Taillow

Ash and his friends arrive in Petalburg Woods.
May and Max meet Brock.
Brock rejoins Ash.
Ash catches Taillow.

A Poached Ego!

Jessie releases Arbok.
James releases Weezing.
James catches Cacnea.

Tree's a Crowd

Ash catches Treecko.

A Tail with a Twist

Jessie catches Seviper.

The Lotad Lowdown

Brock catches Lotad.

All Things Bright and Beautifly!

May becomes interested in Pokémon Contests.
Ash starts teaching Pikachu Iron Tail.

All in a Day's Wurmple

May catches Wurmple.
Jessie catches Wurmple.

Gonna Rule The School!

Ash and his friends arrive in Rustboro City.

Winner by a Nosepass

May decides to compete in Pokémon Contests instead of at Gyms.
Roxanne gives Ash the Stone Badge.

Stairway to Devon

Ash and his friends leave Rustboro City.

Brave the Wave

Ash and his friends arrive in Dewford Town.
Ash challenges Brawly to a Gym battle but loses.

A Hole Lotta Trouble

Ash meets Steven Stone.

Gone Corphishin'

Ash catches Corphish.

A Corphish Out of Water

May's Wurmple evolves into Silcoon.
Jessie's Wurmple evolves into Cascoon.

A Mudkip Mission

Brock catches a Mudkip.

Seeing is Believing

May's Silcoon evolves into Beautifly.
Jessie's Cascoon evolves into Dustox.

Just One of the Geysers

Brawly gives Ash the Knuckle Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Dewford Town.

Now that's Flower Power!

Ash and his friends arrive in Slateport City.
May meets Drew.
May gets a Pokéblock case.

Win, Lose or Drew!

May enters her first Pokémon Contest.
May loses to Drew.
Drew loses to Robert.

The Spheal of Approval

Ash and his friends leave Slateport City.

Watt's with Wattson

Ash and his friends arrive in Mauville City.
Ash battles the Gym Leader of Mauville City, Wattson and wins.
Wattson gives Ash the Dynamo Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Mauville City.

Season 7

What You Seed is What You Get

Treecko learns Bullet Seed.

The Princess and the Togepi

Misty rejoins Ash.

A Togepi Mirage!

Misty's Togepi evolves into Togetic.
Misty releases Togetic so it can stay and protect the Mirage Kingdom.
Misty returns to Cerulean City.

I Feel Skitty!

May catches Skitty.

Pros and Con Artists

Ash and his friends arrive in Fallarbor Town.

Come What May!

May wins the Fallarbor Town Pokémon Contest.
May wins her first ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Fallarbor Town.

Poetry Commotion!

Ash and his friends arrive in Lavaridge Town.

Going, Going, Yawn

Flannery gives Ash the Heat Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Lavaridge Town.

All Torkoal, No Play

Ash catches Torkoal.

Manectric Charge

Ash and his friends arrive in Mauville City.
Ash challenges Wattson to an unofficial Gym battle and loses.
Ash and his friends leave Mauville City.

Delcatty Got Your Tongue

Skitty learns Blizzard.

Disaster of Disguise

Ash and his friends arrive in Verdanturf Town.

Disguise Da Limit

May wins the Verdanturf Town Pokémon Contest.
May wins her second ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Verdanturf Town.

Take the Lombre Home

Brock's Lotad evolves into Lombre.

Exploud and Clear

Ash's Treecko evolves into Grovyle.

Love, Petalburg Style!

Ash and his friends arrive in Petalburg City.

Balance of Power

Norman gives Ash the Balance Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Petalburg City.

A Six Pack Attack!

May and Max meet Professor Oak.

Grass Hysteria!

May catches Bulbasaur.

Hokey Poké Balls!

Ash transfers Bulbasaur from Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash transfers Bulbasaur back to Professor Oak's Laboratory.

A Fan with a Plan!

Ash and his friends arrive in Rubello Town.

Cruisin' for a Losin'

May competes in the Rubello Town Pokémon Contest and loses to Savannah.
Savannah loses the Rubello Town Pokémon Contest to Drew.
Ash and his friends leave Rubello Town.

That's Just Swellow

Ash's Taillow evolves into Swellow.
Ash wins the PokéRinger competition.
James gets second place in the PokéRinger competition.

A Shroomish Skirmish

May's Torchic evolves into Combusken.

Who's Flying Now?

Ash and his friends arrive in Fortree City.
James catches Chimecho.

Sky High Gym Battle!

Winona gives Ash the Feather Badge.

Pokéblock, Stock and Berry

Ash and his friends arrive in Lilycove City.
Ash and his friends learn how to make Pokéblocks.

Lessons in Lilycove

Swellow learns Aerial Ace.
May wins the Lilycove City Pokémon Contest.
May wins her third ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Lilycove City.

Season 8

Gaining Groudon

Kyogre is awakened.
Pikachu absorbs the Blue Orb.
Groudon is awakened.

The Scuffle of Legends

Archie absorbs the Red Orb.
Groudon and Kyogre end their fight.

It's Still Rocket Roll to Me

Ash and his friends arrive in Mossdeep City.

Solid as a Solrock

Tate and Liza give Ash the Mind Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Mossdeep City.

Vanity Affair

Ash meets Drake.

Where's Armaldo?

Bulbasaur learns Petal Dance.

A Cacturne for the Worse

Ash and his friends arrive on Izabe Island.
May meets Harley.
May wins the Purika City Pokémon Contest.
May wins her fourth ribbon.

Once in a Mawile

Brock's Lombre evolves into Ludicolo.

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt

Ash catches Snorunt.

The Great Eight Fate!

Ash and his friends arrive in Sootopolis City.

Eight Ain't Enough

Juan gives Ash the Rain Badge.
Ash and his friends leave Sootopolis City.

Mean With Envy

Ash and his friends arrive in Pacifidlog Town.

Pacifidlog Jam

May wins the Pacifidlog Town Pokémon Contest.
May wins her fifth ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Pacifidlog Town.

Berry, Berry Interesting

May catches Munchlax.

Less is Morrison

Ash meets Morrison.

Hi Ho Silver Wind!

Ash and his friends arrive in Slateport City.
May, Drew, and Harley enter the Hoenn Grand Festival.
May, Drew, and Harley make it through the first round of the Hoenn Grand Festival.

Deceit and Assist

May, Drew, and Harley make it through the second round of the Hoenn Grand Festival.

Rhapsody in Drew

Harley is defeated by May in the third round of the Hoenn Grand Festival.
Ash's Snorunt evolves into Glalie.
May is defeated by Drew in the third round of the Hoenn Grand Festival.
Drew is defeated by Robert in the third round of the Hoenn Grand Festival.
Robert wins the Hoenn Grand Festival.

Island Time

Ash and his friends travel from Slateport City to Ever Grande City.

Like a Meowth to a Flame

Ash meets Tyson.

Saved by the Beldum

The Ever Grande Conference begins.
Morrison's Beldum evolves into Metang.
Ash, Morrison, and Tyson make it past the preliminary round of the Ever Grande Conference.

From Brags to Riches

Ash and Morrison advance to the next round of the Ever Grande Conference.

Shocks and Bonds

Ash, Morrison, and Tyson advance to the next round of the Ever Grande Conference.

A Judgment Brawl

Ash, Morrison, and Tyson advance to the next round of the Ever Grande Conference.
Ash begins his battle against Morrison.

Choose It or Loose It!

Ash defeats Morrison and advances to the next round of the Ever Grande Conference.
Ash begins his battle against Tyson.

At the End of the Fray

Ash is defeated by Tyson.
Tyson becomes the Champion of the Hoenn League.

The Scheme Team

Pre-episode
Marill has an egg.
Tracey gives the egg to Misty.
The egg hatches into Azurill.
Ash mentions that a few months have passed since he first met May and Max.
May and Max leave Ash to return to Petalburg City.
Ash and Brock leave Hoenn and return to Kanto.
Brock leaves Ash to return to Pewter City.
Ash arrives in Viridian City.
Ash meets Scott.
Ash challenges Agatha at the Viridian Gym and loses.
Scott tells Ash about the Battle Frontier.
Ash leaves Viridian City.
Ash finds Misty waiting for him at home.
Professor Birch and Max go to Pallet Town and meet Ash there.

Kanto (Battle Frontier)
Season 8

The Right Place and the Right Mime

Pre-episode
May leaves Beautifly and Skitty at the Petalburg Gym.
May arrives in Pallet Town.
May catches Squirtle.
May leaves Bulbasaur at Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash leaves Torkoal and Glalie at Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash takes Phanpy from Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash leaves Pallet Town with Misty, May, and Max.
Brock rejoins Ash.

A Real Cleffa-Hanger

Pre-episode
Brock leaves his Ludicolo at Pewter Gym.
Misty returns to Cerulean City.

Numero Uno Articuno

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Factory.

The Symbol Life

Noland gives Ash the Knowledge Symbol.
Charizard returns to Charicific Valley.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Factory

The Saffron Con

Ash and his friends arrive in Saffron City.

A Hurdle for Squirtle

May wins the Saffron City Pokémon Contest.
May wins her first Kanto ribbon.

Pasta La Vista

Ash and his friends leave Saffron City.

Season 9

Sweet Baby James!

James leaves Chimecho at a family mansion to recover.
James catches Mime Jr.

A Chip Off the Old Brock

Mudkip evolves into Marshtomp.

Wheel...of Frontier!

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Arena
Greta gives Ash the Guts Symbol.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Arena

May's Egg-cellent Adventure!

Munchlax learns Focus Punch.
Pikachu learns Volt Tackle.
May receives an egg.

Weekend Warrior

Ash and his friends arrive in Silver Town.
May wins the Silver Town Pokémon Contest.
May wins her second Kanto ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Silver Town.

Tactic Theatrics!!

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Dome
Tucker gives Ash the Tactics Symbol.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Dome

Reversing the Charges

Phanpy evolves into Donphan.

From Cradle to Save

Brock catches Bonsly.

Time Warp Heals All Wounds

May's egg hatches into Eevee.

Queen of the Serpentine!

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Pike
Lucy gives Ash the Luck Symbol.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Pike

Harley Rides Again

Ash and his friends arrive in Wisteria Town.
Harley wins the Wisteria Town Pokémon Contest.
Munchlax makes its contest debut.
Ash and his friends leave Wisteria Town.

Odd Pokémon Out!

Grovyle evolves into Sceptile.

Spontaneous Combusken!!

Ash and his friends arrive on Chrysanthemum Island.
May wins the Chrysanthemum Island Pokémon Contest.
May wins her third Kanto ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Chrysanthemum Island.

Cutting the Ties that Bind

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Palace.

Ka Boom with a View!

Spenser gives Ash the Spirits Symbol.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Palace.

What I Did for Love!

Ash and his friends arrive in Abelia Town.
May wins the Abelia Town Pokémon Contest.
May wins her fourth Kanto ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Abelia Town.

Talking a Good Game

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Salon.
Ash challenges Anabel to a battle, but loses.

Second Time's the Charm!

Ash challenges Anabel to a rematch and wins.
Anabel gives Ash the Ability Symbol.

New Plot - Odd Lot

Ash and his friends arrive in Mulberry.

Going for Choke!

May wins the Mulberry Pokémon Contest.
May wins her fifth Kanto ribbon.
Ash and his friends leave Mulberry.

Grating Spaces!

Pre-episode
Brock's Onix evolves into Steelix.
Ash and his friends arrive in Pewter City.
Ash and his friends leave Pewter City.

Battling the Enemy Within

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Pyramid.
Ash challenges Brandon to a battle, but loses.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Pyramid.

May, we Harley Drew'd Ya!

May, Drew, Harley and Solidad advance to the first round of the Kanto Grand Festival.

Thinning the Hoard!

May, Drew, Harley and Solidad advance to the second round of the Kanto Grand Festival.
May defeats Harley in the third round of the Kanto Grand Festival.

Channeling the Battle Zone!

May defeats Drew in the third round of the Kanto Grand Festival.
Ash catches Aipom.
Solidad defeats May in the third round of the Kanto Grand Festival.
Solidad wins the Kanto Grand Festival.

Overjoyed!

Ash and his friends arrive at the Battle Pyramid.
Ash challenges Brandon to a rematch, but loses again.
Ash and his friends leave the Battle Pyramid.

The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!

Ash receives a postcard from Gary which tells him about Sinnoh.
Drew and Harley tell May they are going to take part in the Pokémon Contests in Johto.

Gathering The Gang of Four!

Pre-episode
Charizard learns Steel Wing.
Bulbasaur returns from Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Charizard returns from the Charicific Valley.
Squirtle returns from the Squirtle Squad.
Ash challenges Brandon to a third battle.

Pace - The Final Frontier!

Ash defeats Brandon.
Brandon gives Ash the Brave Symbol.
Ash enters the Battle Frontier Hall of Fame.
Bulbasaur returns to Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Charizard returns to Charicific Valley.

Once More with Reeling!

Combusken evolves into Blaziken.

Home is Where the Start Is!

May leaves for Johto.
Max returns to Petalburg City.
Brock returns to Pewter City.
Ash reencounters Gary in Pallet Town.
Gary leaves Pallet Town for Sinnoh.
Ash receives a new Pokédex from Professor Oak.
Ash leaves all his Pokémon but Pikachu at Professor Oak's Laboratory.
Ash leaves Pallet Town for Sinnoh.
Aipom follows Ash.

Diamond & Pearl
Sinnoh
Season 10

Pre-season
Paul receives a Pokédex and his starter Pokémon from Professor Rowan. He chooses Turtwig.
Paul travels to Kanto, Johto and Hoenn and competes in their Pokémon League tournaments.
Paul's Turtwig evolves into Grotle.
Paul's Grotle evolves into Torterra.
Paul captures a Murkrow, an Elekid, and a Weavile.
Paul arrives in the Sinnoh region.
Paul captures Ninjask and Chimchar.

Following a Maiden's Voyage!

Pre-episode
Dawn turns 10.
Dawn leaves Twinleaf Town to become a Pokémon Coordinator.
Dawn arrives in Sandgem Town.
Dawn receives a Pokédex and her starter Pokémon from Professor Rowan. She chooses Piplup.
Dawn leaves Sandgem Town.
Dawn sees a Mesprit.
Ash arrives in the Sinnoh region.
Ash is separated from Pikachu.

Two Degrees of Separation!

Dawn finds Pikachu and tries to capture it.
Pikachu destroys Dawn's bike.
James retrieves Carnivine, which he owned as a child.
Brock arrives in the Sinnoh region.
Brock joins Ash.
Ash catches Starly.

When Pokémon Worlds Collide!

Ash meets Paul.
Ash finds Pikachu.
Ash meets Dawn.
Team Rocket starts using their third motto.
Ash changes into his third outfit.

Gettin' Twiggy With It!

Ash catches Turtwig.

Gymbaliar

Brock catches Croagunk.

Setting the World on its Buneary!

Dawn catches Buneary.

Not on My Watch Ya Don't!

Ash and his friends arrive in Jubilife City.
Dawn gets a pink Pokétch.

Mounting a Coordinator Assault!

Dawn meets Zoey.
Ash, Dawn, Zoey, and Jessie enter a Pokémon Super Contest.
Ash, Dawn, Zoey, and Jessie compete in the first round of the contest.

Arrival of a Rival!

Ash, Dawn, Zoey and Jessie advance to the second round of the contest.
Zoey defeats Ash in the second round, beating Aipom with Glameow.
Zoey defeats Dawn in the second round, beating Buneary with Glameow.
Zoey defeats Jessie in the second round, beating Carnivine with Glameow.
Zoey wins her second ribbon.

A Staravia is Born!

Ash's Starly evolves into Staravia.
Bonsly learns Mimic.
Staravia learns Aerial Ace.

Leave It To Brocko!

Brock's Bonsly evolves into Sudowoodo.

Shapes of Things to Come!

Ash and his friends arrive in Oreburgh City.
Paul goes to Oreburgh Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Roark. He wins.
Roark gives Paul the Coal Badge.

A Gruff Act to Follow!

Ash goes to Oreburgh Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Roark. He loses.

Wild in the Streets!

Cranidos evolves into Rampardos.
Dawn learns the next contest will be in Floaroma Town.

O'er the Rampardos we Watched!

Ash goes to Oreburgh Gym and rechallenges the Gym Leader, Roark. He wins.
Roark gives Ash the Coal Badge.

Twice Smitten, Once Shy!

Dawn catches Pachirisu.
Dawn releases Pachirisu.
Dawn recatches Pachirisu.

Borrowing on Bad Faith!

Jessie borrows Aipom.
Dawn and Jessie enter an unofficial contest.
Dawn and Jessie advance to the second round.
Jessie defeats Dawn in the second round, beating Pachirisu with Aipom.
Jessie wins a year's supply of bananas.

Getting the Pre-Contest Titters!

Piplup learns Whirlpool.
Dawn encounters a childhood friend, Kenny.
Dawn, Kenny, and Jessie enter a Pokémon Super Contest.

Settling a Not-So-Old Score!

Dawn defeats Jessie in the second round, beating Dustox with Piplup.
Dawn defeats Kenny in the second round, beating Prinplup with Piplup.
Dawn wins her first Ribbon.

Drifloon on the Wind!

Ash and Marnie meet a Suicune.

Some Enchanted Sweetening

Ash meets Cheryl.
Cheryl catches Burmy.
Cheryl's Burmy evolves into Mothim.

The Grass-Type is Always Greener!

Ash meets Gardenia.
Gardenia defeats Ash in a battle.

All Dressed Up with Somewhere to Go!

Ash, Dawn and Brock enter a competition for a TV Project called Pokémon Cosplay Convention.
Brock wins an egg.

Buizel Your Way Out of This!

Dawn catches Buizel.

An Elite Greet and Meet!

Ash meets Lucian.
Ash learns about the Sinnoh Elite Four.
Lucian defeats Dawn in a battle.

A Secret Sphere of Influence!

Ash and his friends arrive in Eterna City.
Ash learns Gardenia is the Eterna City Gym Leader.
Ash learns the Sinnoh creation myth.
Team Galactic appear, including Saturn, though Ash and his friends do not meet them.

A Grass Menagerie!

Ash goes to Eterna Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Gardenia. He wins.
Gardenia gives Ash the Forest Badge.

One Big Happiny Family!

Ash and his friends are on Cycling Road.
Brock's egg hatches into Happiny.
Brock polishes a white stone into an Oval Stone for Happiny.

Top-Down Training!

Ash meets Cynthia.
Cynthia defeats Paul in a battle.

Dawn's Early Night!

Dawn, Zoey, Jessie, and Nando compete in the Hearthome City Contest.
Dawn loses in the appeal round.
Nando defeats Jessie in the semifinals.
Nando defeats Zoey in the final round.

Tag! We're It!

Ash, Brock and Dawn compete in the Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition.
Ash is teamed up with Paul.
Brock is teamed up with Holly.
Dawn is teamed up with Conway.

Glory Blaze!

Paul releases Chimchar.
Ash and Paul, Dawn and Conway, and Brock and Holly advance in the tournament.

Smells Like Team Spirit!

Chimchar joins Ash.
Ash and Paul face Brock and Holly. Ash and Paul win and advance to the finals.
Dawn and Conway advance to the finals.
Ash and Paul face Dawn and Conway in the finals.
Paul's Elekid evolves into Electabuzz.
Ash and Paul win Soothe Bells.
Paul gives his Soothe Bell to Ash.

Season 11

Once There Were Greenfields!

Gardenia reappears.
Gardenia and James have a tag battle against Ash and Dawn using Turtwig, Cacnea, Aipom, and Pachirisu. Ash and Dawn win.
Cacnea learns Drain Punch.
James gives Cacnea to Gardenia.

Throwing the Track Switch

Zoey reappears.
Ash is training for his next Gym battle in Veilstone City.
Dawn is training for her next Contest in Solaceon Town.
Aipom is having a hard time concentrating on Ash's training.
Buizel is having a hard time concentrating on Dawn's training.
Zoey suggests Ash and Dawn trade Aipom and Buizel.
Ash and Dawn use each other's Buizel and Aipom in battle against Team Rocket.
Ash and Dawn officially trade Aipom and Buizel.

Journey to the Unknown!

Ash and his friends explore the Solaceon Ruins.
Dawn's Aipom evolves into Ambipom.
Saturn steals a cube from the Solaceon Ruins.

Team Shocker!

Dawn competes in a Pokémon Contest in Solaceon Town.
Dawn loses in the Appeals Round in the Solaceon Town Contest.
Jessie wins the Solaceon Town Contest with her Dustox.

Riding the Winds of Change!

Ash, Brock, and Dawn enter a town having a problem with trapped Gligar.
Paul uses his Electabuzz and Weavile to capture the Gligar's leader, a Gliscor.
Ash, Brock, and Dawn help Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny chase the Gligar from the town.
One Gligar remains behind, and chooses to go with Ash.

Sleight of Sand!

Ash and his friends encounter Hippopotas once more.
Cassidy and Butch show up in the Sinnoh region and get into an argument with Jessie and James.

Lost Leader Strategy!

Ash and his friends arrive in Veilstone City.
Maylene denies Ash's request for a Gym Battle.
Ash and co. meet Paul's older brother, Reggie.
Ash battles Reggie.
Maylene agrees to a confidence-boosting match against Dawn.

Crossing the Battle Line!

Ash trains his Staravia to use Brave Bird.
Dawn battles Maylene in a Gym Battle.
Maylene defeats Dawn.

A Triple Fighting Chance!

Ash battles Maylene in a Gym Battle.
Buizel learns Water Pulse.
Ash's match with Maylene ends in a draw.
Maylene gives Ash the Cobble Badge.

Enter Galactic!

Team Galactic arrives in Veilstone City to steal its meteorites.
Saturn's Toxicroak battles Brock's Croagunk.
Ash, Dawn, Brock, Maylene, and Reggie fight off Team Galactic.
Pikachu and Paul's Electabuzz begin to get along.
Team Galactic flees.

Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! Part 1

Ash and his friends meet Kellyn.
The group meet a Riolu that can use Aura Sphere.
Pokémon Hunter J attempts to steal the Riolu.
Dawn learns of Ash's aura abilities.

Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! Part 2

J steals the Riolu from the prior episode.
Ash saves Riolu from J and the man J is working for.

Crossing Paths

Jessie's Dustox meets a Shiny Dustox.
Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket learn of the Dustox breeding ceremony.
Jessie releases Dustox.

Pika and Goliath!

Pikachu loses a battle against a boy's Raichu.
Ash reveals that he still has the Thunderstone given to him in Vermilion City.
Pikachu decides once again not to evolve into Raichu.
Pikachu defeats Sho's Raichu.
Jessie, James, and Meowth steal the Thunderstone Ash saved.

Our Cup Runneth Over!

Dawn learns about the Wallace Cup, a special Pokémon Contest that offers a ribbon redeemable at any regional Grand Festival as a prize.
Ash and his friends meet Wallace, former Sootopolis City Gym Leader and Hoenn Champion.
May calls Ash from Snowpoint City.

A Full Course Tag Battle!

Pre-episode
May's Eevee evolves into Glaceon.
Drew's Roselia evolves into Roserade.
May joins Ash, Dawn, and Brock at Valor Lakefront to compete in the Wallace Cup.
May and Ash show Dawn the Ribbon they tied to win in Once More with Reeling.

Staging A Heroes' Welcome!

Pre-episode
May's Squirtle evolves into Wartortle.
May, Ash, Dawn, and Zoey compete in the Wallace Cup.

Pruning a Passel of Pals!

Pre-episode
May's Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur.
May's Ivysaur evolves into Venusaur.
May, Ash, Dawn, and Zoey continue to compete in the Wallace Cup.
Ash sees Azelf's projected soul at Lake Valor.
Ash drops out of the Wallace Cup in the quarterfinals.

Strategy With a Smile!

May, Dawn, and Zoey continue to compete in the Wallace Cup.
Zoey drops out of the Wallace Cup in the semifinals.
May and Dawn face each other in the finals of the Wallace Cup.
Dawn and Piplup narrowly defeat May and Glaceon in the finals.
Dawn wins the Aqua Ribbon.
May returns to Johto to compete for two more Ribbons.

The Thief That Keeps on Thieving!

Ash, Dawn, and Brock continue on their way to Pastoria City.
The group meets Tyler, a rookie Trainer who is trying to capture a Yanma.
Jessie captures Yanma before Tyler can.
Jessie, James, and Meowth send Yanma to Giovanni via Delibird.
Giovanni deems Yanma to be weak and returns it.
Jessie decides to train Yanma.
Jessie's Yanma uses AncientPower and evolves into Yanmega.

A Crasher Course in Power!

Crasher Wake gives Ash the Fen Badge.

Hungry For the Good Life!

Dawn captures a Swinub.

Fighting Fear With Fear!

Ash's Gligar learns X-Scissor.
Ash, Dawn and Brock meet up with Gary.
Gary gives Ash a Razor Fang.
Ash's Gligar evolves into Gliscor.

Arriving in Style!

Dawn wins the Hearthome Collection with Buneary.

Battling the Generation Gap!

Dawn wins her third ribbon in the Celestic Town Contest.

Losing Its Lustrous!

Team Galactic steals the Adamant Orb from a police airplane.
Ash and his friends meet Cynthia again.
Ash and his friends meet Professor Carolina, who is Cynthia's grandmother.
Saturn's Toxicroak defeats Brock's Croagunk.

Double Team Turnover!

Ash and his friends confront Team Galactic, but fail in getting back the Lustrous Orb.
Team Galactic steals the Lustrous Orb from Celestic Town.

A Trainer and Child Reunion!

Ash, Brock and Dawn meet Aaron of the Elite Four.

Aiding the Enemy!

Pre-episode
Paul earns the Relic Badge from Fantina.
Ash's Turtwig evolves into Grotle.
Paul's Torterra helps Grotle deal with its decreased speed.

Barry's Busting Out All Over!

Ash, Brock, and Dawn meet Barry.
Ash prepares to have an official Gym battle rematch with Fantina.
Barry and Ash battle. Ash comes out the victor.

A Shield with a Twist!

Fantina gives Ash the Relic Badge.
Jessie wins her second ribbon in the Majolica Contest with her Yanmega.

Jumping Rocket Ship!

Ash and co. reach Canalave City.
The group's Pokémon are blasted away to various points in Canalave City.
Barry leaves the group to train on Iron Island.

Sleepless in Pre-Battle!

Dawn's Swinub evolves into Piloswine.

Season 12

A Breed Stampede!

Pre-episode
Kenny earns his third Ribbon.
Nando earns his fourth Ribbon.
Dawn's Piloswine starts disobeying her.
Dawn's Piloswine evolves into a Mamoswine.
Grotle begins to utilize the lessons that were taught to it by Paul's Torterra.

Dealing with Defensive Types!

Ash battles for his sixth Sinnoh Badge, against Byron.
Ash earns his sixth Gym Badge, the Mine Badge.

Another One Gabites the Dust!

Dawn wins her fourth Ribbon in the Chocovine Town Contest.

Pursuing a Lofty Goal!

Ash's Staravia evolves into Staraptor.

The Lonely Snover!

Ash's Grotle learns Rock Climb.

Old Rivals, New Tricks!

Dawn competes in a Pokémon Contest in Sandalstraw Town.
Kenny defeats Dawn and wins his fourth ribbon.

To Thine Own Pokémon Be True!

Dawn gives Ambipom to O for training.

Sliding Into Seventh!

Ash battles Candice of the Snowpoint Gym for his seventh Sinnoh Badge.
Ash earns the Icicle Badge from Candice.

A Pyramiding Rage!

Brandon arrives in Snowpoint City.
Paul challenges Brandon, with Paul losing easily.

Pillars of Friendship!

J returns and awakens Regigigas.
Ash and Co., along with Brandon, stop J.

Frozen on Their Tracks!

Ash and Co. meet Looker, of the Internation Police Force.

Pedal to the Mettle!

Pre-episode
Paul's Magmar evolves into Magmortar.
Ash and Paul begin to battle.

Evolving Strategies!

Ash and Paul continue their battle.
Ash's Chimchar evolves into Monferno.
Ash loses the battle.

Uncrushing Defeat!

Brock sees Uxie at Lake Acuity.

Gateway to Ruin!

Ash and co. once again run into Team Galactic at Mt. Coronet.

Strategy Begins at Home!

Ash and Brock meet Johanna. Dawn battles Johanna and loses.

Challenging a Towering Figure!

Ash wins the Twinleaf Festival and battles Palmer of the Sinnoh Battle Tower, but loses.

An Egg Scramble!

Dawn defeats Lyra in a battle and receives an egg, which later hatches into Cyndaquil.

Dressed for Jess Success!

James enters a contest passing by Jessilina and wins, so Jessie gets her third ribbon. Dawn loses to James in the semi-finals.

Unlocking the Red Chain of Events!

Cyrus hires Pokémon Hunter J to capture Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie.

The Needs of the Three!

Pokémon Hunter J catches Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie for Team Galactic.

The Battle Finale of Legend!

Cyrus summons Dialga and Palkia and disappears through the portal created by them.
Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter are arrested, bringing down Team Galactic.

Mastering Current Events!

Ash leaves Gliscor with McCann.

Gotta Get a Gible!

Ash captures a Gible which he befriended in A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!.

Season 13

Short and To the Punch!

Ash's Buizel learns Ice Punch

Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn!

Dawn, Ursula, and Jessie enter the Daybreak Town Contest, with the 3 making it to the Battle Round.

Playing the Performance Encore!

Ursula defeats Jessie in the Battle Round of the Daybreak Contest.
Dawn defeats Ursula in the finals, earning her 5th and final ribbon.

Fighting Ire with Fire!

Barry and Paul meet for the first time.
Barry has earned the 8 Sinnoh Badges, qualifying him for the Sinnoh League.
Ash battles Barry briefly.
Ash's Monferno activates Blaze again and gets out of control.
Monferno evolves into Infernape.

Piplup, Up and Away!

Dawn's Piplup learns Hydro Pump.

Flint Sparks the Fire!

Ash and co. meet Flint.
Volkner refuses to battle Ash.
Ash battles Flint, losing.
Volkner decides to battle Ash.

The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore!

Ash's Grotle evolves into Torterra and learns Leaf Storm.

Teaching the Student Teacher

Jessie wins her fourth ribbon in the Neighborly Town Contest.

An Elite Coverup!

Ash and his friends meet Bertha.

Dawn of a Royal Day!

Princess Salvia wins the Arrowroot Town Contest, and gives the Ribbon to Jessie.
Jessie obtains her 5th Ribbon, thus qualifing for the Sinnoh Grand Festival.
Princess Salvia gives her Togekiss to Dawn.

Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama!

The gang arrive at Valor Lakefront for the Grand Festival.

Last Call, First Round!

Pre-episode
Nando has earned seven Gym Badges.
Nando acquires a Kricketot and an Altaria.
Zoey's Shellos and Finneon are revealed to have evolved into a Gastrodon and Lumineon, respectively.
Kenny's Prinplup evolves into an Empoleon; he is also revealed to have obtained a Floatzel.
Dawn enters the Grand Festival alongside Zoey and Jessilina.
Nando, Kenny, and Ursula earned their fifth ribbons and enter the Grand Festival as well.
Ursula is revealed to have obtained two Eevee, which she evolves into a Vaporeon and a Flareon during her appeal.
Dawn, Nando, Ursula, Zoey, and Jessilina successfully clear the appeals round; however, Kenny fails to make it through and is eliminated from the Grand Festival.

Opposites Interact!

Dawn beats Ursula and advances to the Top 16 round of the Sinnoh Grand Festival.
Zoey, Nando, and Jessilina also advance to the Top 16 round of the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

Coming Full Festival Circle!

Pre-episode
Zoey's Misdreavus evolves into a Mismagius.
Nando's Roselia evolves into a Roserade, while he is also revealed to have captured a Lopunny.
Zoey and Dawn defeat Nando and Jessilina, respectively, and advance to the finals of the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

A Grand Fight for Winning!

Pre-episode
Zoey's Kirlia evolves into a Gallade.
Zoey defeats Dawn in the final round of the Sinnoh Grand Festival, winning the Ribbon Cup as well as the title of Top Coordinator.
Jessie decides to give up on Pokémon Contests after seeing Dawn lose.
Ash learns that Sunyshore Gym is fully repaired and Volkner is ready for their Gym Battle.

The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!

Ash arrives back at Sunyshore Gym for his Gym Battle against Volkner.
Ash's Infernape's Blaze is activated again, and it gains control of the ability for the first time.
Ash defeats Volkner and earns the Beacon Badge, allowing him to participate in the Sinnoh League.

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!

Ash and his friends encounter Jasmine.
Dawn meets Jasmine.
Flint and Kenny battle and defeat Jasmine and Ash, respectively.

Bucking the Treasure Trend!

Ash and his friends meet Buck.

An Old Family Blend!

Ash and his friends arrive at Lily of the Valley Island for the Lily of the Valley Conference.
Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway also enter the Lily of the Valley Conference, the latter two having earned the eight Gym Badges required.
Ash decides to use the Pokémon he has stored at Professor Oak's Laboratory alongside the Pokémon he has acquired in Sinnoh during the tournament, and spends time with several of them.
Ash's Cyndaquil is revealed to have learned Flame Wheel.
Ash's Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava and learns Eruption.
Ash learns he will be battling Nando in the first round of the tournament.

League Unleashed!

The Sinnoh League tournament on Lily of the Valley Island begins.
Ash's Quilava is revealed to have learned Aerial Ace while his Heracross is revealed to have learned Sleep Talk and Focus Punch.
The gang learn that a mysterious Trainer has entered the tournament with a Darkrai.
Ash wins his first battle against Nando, knocking him out of the Lily of the Valley Conference.
Barry, Conway and Paul also make it through the preliminaries.

Casting a Paul on Barry!

Ash, Paul, Barry, Conway, and Tobias make it through the second round of the Lily of the Valley Conference.
Paul and Barry are selected to battle each other in the third round of the Lily of the Valley Conference while Ash is selected to battle Conway.
Paul's Electabuzz is revealed to have evolved into an Electivire, and Electivire is revealed to have learned Giga Impact upon its evolution to its final form.
Barry is revealed to have captured a Skarmory and a Hitmonlee.
Paul defeats Barry and advances to the quarter finals of the tournament.

Working on a Right Move!

Ash's Infernape learns Flare Blitz.
Conway is revealed to have obtained a Shuckle, a Lickilicky, and a Dusknoir.
Ash's Noctowl is revealed to have learned Extrasensory, Air Slash, and Sky Attack.
Ash's Gible masters Draco Meteor.
Ash defeats Conway and advances to the next round.
Ash learns that he will face Paul in the quarter-final of the Lily of the Valley Conference.
Ash's Gliscor returns to Ash for the battle against Paul.
Tobias advances to the quarter-final.

Familiarity Breeds Strategy!

In the Lily of the Valley Conference quarter-final, Ash and Paul begin their second full battle.
Paul is revealed to have obtained a Drapion and a Gastrodon while his Lairon is revealed to have evolved into an Aggron.

A Real Rival Rouser!

Ash and Paul continue their full battle.
Ash's Gliscor is revealed to have learned Stone Edge.
Paul is revealed to have obtained a Froslass.

Battling a Thaw in Relations!

Ash and Paul continue their full battle.
Infernape's Blaze ability activates. Infernape gets control of the ability.
Ash wins the battle and goes to the semi-finals.

The Semi-Final Frontier!

In the Lily of the Valley Conference semi-final, Ash battles Tobias.
Tobias is revealed to have a Latios.
Ash loses to Tobias and is eliminated from the Lily of the Valley Confence.

The Brockster Is In!

Brock's Happiny evolves into Chansey and learns Softboiled.
Nurse Joy suggests to Brock that he trains to become a Pokémon Doctor.
Ash and co. reach Twinleaf Town.

Memories are Made of Bliss!

Dawn decides to remain in Sinnoh, Brock decides to train to become a Pokémon Doctor while Ash renews his vow to become a Pokémon Master.
Ash and Brock return to Kanto and go their separate ways.
Ash and Ash's Pikachu reach Pallet Town.

Best Wishes series
Unova
Season 14

In The Shadow of Zekrom!

Trip turns 10.
Ash and Pikachu travel with Delia and Professor Oak to the Unova region where Professor Oak is attending a conference. Deerling's spring coat indicates it is springtime in Unova.
Ash learns that all of the Pokémon that live in the Unova region cannot be found in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh.
Ash and company meet Professor Juniper.
Team Rocket also arrive in the Unova region, having been assigned there by Giovanni.
Pikachu becomes temporarily unable to use Electric-type attacks after being hit by lightning caused by Zekrom.
Ash meets a photographer and beginning Trainer by the name of Trip.
Trip obtains a Snivy from Professor Juniper then battles Ash's Pikachu and wins.

Enter Iris and Axew!

Zekrom appears again and Pikachu is given back his Electric powers.
Ash decides to remain in Unova and challenge its Pokémon League.
Ash learns the first Unova League Gym is in Striaton City.
The Oshawott from Professor Juniper's lab starts to follow Ash.
Ash meets a mysterious girl named Iris and her Axew.
Jessie and James are revealed to have left all their Pokémon at Team Rocket's Headquarters.
Ash captures a Pidove.
Jessie captures a Woobat.

A Sandile Gusher of Change!

The Oshawott from Professor Juniper's laboratory that has been following Ash since In The Shadow of Zekrom! joins his team.
A wild Sandile begins following Ash.

The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice!

Ash captures a Tepig.

Triple Leaders, Team Threats!

Ash and Iris arrive at Striaton City, and meet Cilan.
Rather than challenging just one of the leaders, Ash challenges all of the Gym Leader trio of Cilan, Chili and Cress to a gym battle.
Ash loses to Cress, defeats Chili, and starts his battle with Cilan.
Ash's Tepig and Oshawott are revealed to know Tackle.

Dreams by the Yard Full!

Ash's Oshawott is revealed to know Razor Shell.
Ash defeats Cilan and earns the Trio Badge.
Ash, Cilan, and Iris agree to travel together through Unova.
Ash learns that the next Unova Gym is at Nacrene City.
Axew's dream reveals that it wants to reach its final evolutionary stage.

Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!

Ash catches a Snivy.
Giovanni informs Team Rocket of the presence of another villainous team.

Saving Darmanitan From the Bell!

Team Rocket meets a stranger who gives them a mysterious item and tells them to head for Nacrene City.

The Bloom Is on Axew!

Iris is revealed to have an Excadrill.
Iris's Axew is revealed to know Scratch and Dragon Rage.
Team Rocket is told to go to the Desert Resort.

A Rival Battle for Club Champ!

Ash encounters Trip again whom Iris meets for the first time.
It is revealed that, like Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, there is a Don George that runs a Battle Club in multiple cities in the Unova region.
Jessie, James and Meowth meet Pierce for the first time.
It is revealed that Trip has obtained the Trio Badge, as well as another badge.
Ash and Trip decide to have their second battle.
It is revealed that Trip's Snivy has evolved into Servine and that he has obtained a Tranquill and a Frillish.
Ash's Snivy is revealed to know Leaf Blade.
Trip defeats Ash in their battle.

A Home for Dwebble!

Cilan's Pansage is revealed to know Dig.
Cilan catches a Dwebble.

Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!

Jessie, James, and Meowth receive a dummy meteorite from a Team Rocket agent.
Ash receives a Pokémon egg.

Minccino-Neat and Tidy!

Jessie, James, and Meowth arrive in Nacrene City.
Ash gets a new badge case from Bianca, given to her by Professor Juniper.
Ash battles Bianca and wins.

A Night in the Nacrene City Museum!

Ash, Iris, and Cilan arrive in Nacrene City.
Ash and co. meet Hawes and Lenora.
Ash challenges Lenora to a gym battle.

The Battle According to Lenora!

Ash battles Lenora and loses.
Team Rocket steals the meteorite from Nacrene Museum.

Rematch at the Nacrene Gym!

Tepig learns Flame Charge.
Oshawott learns Aqua Jet.
Ash obtains the Basic Badge.

Scraggy-Hatched to be Wild!

Ash's egg hatches into a Scraggy.
Jessie, James, and Meowth deliver the meteorite they stole from Nacrene Museum to Dr. Zager for analysis.
Ash and Iris have their first battle using Scraggy and Axew, respectively. The battle results in a draw.

Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!

Ash and friends reach Pinwheel Forest and meet the Castelia City Gym Leader, Burgh.
Ash captures a Sewaddle.
Ash sends one of his Pokémon to Professor Juniper and adds Sewaddle to his team.

A Connoisseur's Revenge!

Pidove is revealed to be the Pokémon sent to Professor Juniper.
Cilan is revealed to be a Class A Connoisseur.

Dancing With the Ducklett Trio!

Pikachu learns Electro Ball.
The Sunglasses Sandile evolves into Krokorok.

The Lost World of Gothitelle!

Ash sends Sewaddle to Professor Juniper and switches Pidove back into his party.
Ash and friends cross Skyarrow Bridge en route to Castelia City.

A Venipede Stampede!

Ash and friends arrive in Castelia City and meet up with Burgh again.
Ash encounters Trip again and it is revealed that he has obtained a Lampent.
Ash's Pidove evolves into a Tranquill.
Giovanni heads to Unova as Team Rocket's plan for the meteorite enters its final stages.
Ash, Iris and Cilan meet up with Professor Juniper and leave to investigate the unusual activity caused by Team Rocket.

Battling For The Love of Bug-Types!

Ash's Sewaddle is revealed to know Tackle, evolves into a Swadloon, and learns Energy Ball.
Ash battles Burgh in his third Unova Gym match and wins, earning him the Insect Badge.
James captures a Yamask.

Emolga the Irresistible!

Iris captures an Emolga.

Emolga and the New Volt Switch!

Bianca battles both Iris and Ash with no official winner.
Bianca leaves the group.

Scare at the Litwick Mansion!

James's Yamask is revealed to know Shadow Ball.

The Dragon Master's Path!

Iris reveals that her goal is to become a Dragon master.
James's Yamask is revealed to know Night Shade.
Iris's Axew masters Dragon Rage.

Ash and Trip's Third Battle!

Ash encounters Trip again and challenges him in a 3-on-3 battle which ends up in a tie.
Ash learns about Alder, the Unova region's Champion.
Trip is revealed to have obtained a Vanillite and Timburr.

BW032

Ash's Oshawott overcomes his fear of opening eyes underwater and perfects Aqua Jet.
Ash captures a Palpitoad.
Cilan captures a Stunfisk.

BW033

Iris is revealed to have captured her Excadrill as a Drilbur.
Iris's Excadrill is revealed to know Mud-Slap, Fury Swipes, and Metal Claw.
Excadrill regains his loyalty to Iris and learns Focus Blast.

BW034

Ash captures a Roggenrola.

BW037

Ash learns the next Unova Gym is in Nimbasa City.
Ash and friends encounter Bianca again.
Cilan captures a Basculin. However, it is later released.
James's Yamask is revealed to know Haze.

BW038

Ash and company meet Luke.
The group learns about an upcoming battle tournament being held at the local Battle Club.

BW039

The Team Rocket trio arrives in Nimbasa City.
Ash and his friends enter the Don Battle, along with Luke, Bianca, Burgundy, Langley, Stephan, and Trip.
Stephan's Blitzle is revealed to have evolved into a Zebstrika.
Burgundy is revealed to have obtained a Stoutland.
Ash defeats Burgundy and makes it to the second round of the Don Battle along with Langley.

BW040

Trip's Timburr is revealed to have evolved into a Gurdurr.
Cilan's Dwebble is revealed to know Rock Slide.
Cilan defeats Trip and advances to the second round.
Stephan defeats Bianca and advances to the second round.
Luke defeats Sekimoto and advances to the second round.
Iris defeats Yoshihiko and advances to the second round.
Langley is revealed to have obtained a Pawniard.
Ash begins his battle with Langley.

BW041

Ash defeats Langley and advances to the semi-finals.
Cilan's Stunfisk is revealed to know Scald.
Luke defeats Cilan and advances to the semi-finals.
Stephan is revealed to have a Sawk, while Luke is revealed to have a Larvesta.
Iris's Emolga's ability is revealed to be Static.
Iris defeats Stephan and advances to the semi-finals.
Iris learns she will battle Luke in the semi-finals.
Ash starts his battle with Dino.

BW042

Ash defeats Dino and advances to the finals.
Iris's Axew learns Outrage.
Iris defeats Luke and advances to the finals.
Iris defeats Ash and wins the Don Battle Tournament and a set of Wings.

BW043

Meowth reveals that he was fired from Team Rocket.
Ash's Scraggy learns Hi Jump Kick.
Meowth decides to travel with Ash and friends.
Iris attempts to capture Meowth but is unsuccessful.
Team Rocket arrives in Anville Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom