• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime The Toonami Discussion Thread

Reaction score
So, I'm sure a lot of us watch Toonami. What are your favourite current shows? How long have you been watching Toonami? What were your favourite shows from previous lineups, or what shows are you hoping to see in the future? And what plot points do you want to talk about?

For me, I started watching Toonami in like 1998 or so. Back home in my country Cartoon Network would show anime at any point during the day, not just in a specific block of time, so we didn't have Toonami. My parents sent me to boarding school in America for my last two years of high school and that's when I discovered Toonami. I remember finishing classes and then lying in the basement of my dorm by myself watching Toonami every day. Back then it was Sailor Moon and DBZ and I really liked both of them.

In more recent years I really liked Akame ga Kiru, Hunter x Hunter (although I still have a soft spot for the 1999 version), One Punch Man, and of course, anything Dragon Ball.

I haven't really had time to actually sit down and watch telly in quite awhile so I stopped watching HxH around the end of the Heaven's Arena arc and thus have a lot of catching up to do. I'm looking forward to finding out what the heck is up with this game Gon got from his dad, seeing what happens between Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe, and what Hisoka's whole deal is. I'm also really looking forward to this rumoured second season of One Punch Man and I hope it ends up on Toonami sooner rather than later.

So what are your thoughts? Share here!

I have a soft spot for Toonami because it's how I watched my first anime, Tenchi Muyo! I also watched Yu Yu Hakusho, Hamtaro, Rurouni Kenshin, Zatch Bell, Tenchi Muyo! GXP, Eureka Seven, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Deadman Wonderland, I'm probably missing a few shows but my memory's shoddy.

So I don't really watch much of Toonami nowadays, but as a kid I loved it. It was my introduction to anime I don't doubt. (Oddly enough though I have no memory of watching Sailor Moon and everyone I talk to says that's their first anime.) But Tenchi Muyo! was a fun show for me though, but as a kid I had no idea it was a harem anime at the time. I can probably bet younger me loved the fact the show had aliens and outer space.

I doubt I'll sit down and watch Toonami without planning to do so. But I'm grateful it was the stepping stone to anime for me. And heck I still very much love Tenchi Muyo!, FMA, Hamtaro. So it definitely has had a great line up through out the years.

I remember watching shows like bobobo and 4kids one piece on toonami, as well as stuff like mega xlr and gundam.
Personally I miss the days where it happened BEFORE adult swim, as I rarely stay up late enough to watch it these days,

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom