• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Top 10 Reasons Why Lance is an Awful Person

Well, no, it still doesn't make a great deal of sense. As you noted, Lance and Bruno are still there--and are weaker. Certainly, the newer members don't necessarily have to be stronger than those that they replaced: but it makes little sense for them to be weaker than the gym leaders of Kanto.

The only explanation is that while Johto and Kanto share the Indigo League, challenges made through the former league's gyms get weaker Pokemon than those made by people who've defeated the Kanto gyms.

EDIT: Also, in Gen1, all of Lance's Dragonites = 1. He had a Gyarados, Aerodactyl, two Dragonair, and a Dragonite, iirc.

how bout you go test your skills,get you and your dragonite up mt. silver,and 'beat' red :/

I was just over in the HGSS innuendo thread, where he mentioned something about being the Don Juan of 3rd grade. Tell me that doesn't corroborate the "Into kids thing" I heard.

Has anyone told you that you'd make a wonderful tabloid writer? You seem to have a knack for taking things out of context. :p

If I weren't entertained, I'd sue for libel. Or just have Dragonite hyper beam you. Either works, really.

That said, if Lance were into anyone, it would be Leaf, not Kotone. After all, she's a much better trainer (we we take her as the same person as Red). Dragons have standards, man.

Weird that this thread suddenly expanded after a week or so with only a few replies. Hmm...

Also, kind of off-topic here, but think about how much of a boss Karen must have been to have taken down Bruno's Fighting-types with her Dark-types....

I dunno about being aweful, but i got two reasons why he is really stupid. 1) He uses draco meteor three times despite its negative effect. 2) he used perish song with his last pokemon. Seriously, who is that stupid.

Well, Lance took down Lorelai's ice types.

No matter what you say Champion Lance, the Lance in the game is still a douche, for one major reason. he cheats. you still have not responded to why does he has to cheat? and to still loose? that makes him a noob. thats the equivalent to Using an Action replay to play online and still loosing. that just makes him a straight up noob. you never replied to how he went up 30 levels in 3 hours, what did he rare candy them? two teams you said. right, highly doubtful. then why didnt he use that team the first time around. my pokemon where still at that point up to par with his. hes a hack that got lucky, thats all.

Yeah, that explains why he uses different Pokemon too. :)

Your argument doesn't have much substance and seems rooted in envy. Further, you don't seem to apply the same criticism to every gym leader and elite four member in this game, nor the ones in Platinum, nor the ones in FR/LG, etc. This makes your axe grinding rather transparent.

If I weren't entertained, I'd sue for libel.

Because lawyers are such nice people to be associating with.

Or just have Dragonite hyper beam you. Either works, really.

Your justification for the in-game instance was that the Team Rocket member was evil and deserved it. Keegman, however is a pretty cool guy, what with his sense of humor and all.

That said, if Lance were into anyone, it would be Leaf, not Kotone. After all, she's a much better trainer (we we take her as the same person as Red). Dragons have standards, man.

Are those standards similar to Pedobear's? Last I checked, Leaf would still be thirteen as of HG/SS. So if she's at the top of Lance's list of people to potentially be into....

Lance: you're still cool and all, but at one point you have to admit that you've got some wacky things going on....

They are. Lawyers help preserve our liberties, and they act as the mediating agents of civil societies. Are you an anarchist? Do you have issues with the law?

Perhaps you are an agent of Team Rocket, seeking to discredit he who sundered your organization?

Your justification for the in-game instance was that the Team Rocket member was evil and deserved it. Keegman, however is a pretty cool guy, what with his sense of humor and all.

The hyper beam will be good for him. It builds character.

Are those standards similar to Pedobear's? Last I checked, Leaf would still be thirteen as of HG/SS. So if she's at the top of Lance's list of people to potentially be into....

Would you prefer some miserable failure, like a gym leader?

There's a reason he's at the League and not at Mt. Silver. Your innuendo and insinuations will not besmirch his character. Besides, perhaps he would approach the mother first and ask for an arranged marriage. Age is not relevant in such contracts.

It would be good for the family. They could finally move out of that dismal disgrace of a town. Two houses? Really?

Lance: you're still cool and all, but at one point you have to admit that you've got some wacky things going on....

Wacky, perhaps, to those limited by mortal faculties. Such things lie beyond your ken.

They are. Lawyers help preserve our liberties, and they act as the mediating agents of civil societies. Are you an anarchist? Do you have issues with the law?

Perhaps you are an agent of Team Rocket, seeking to discredit he who sundered your organization?

I don't mind the lawful part of them at all. It's just the fact that they tend to gravitate to Lawful Evil rather than Lawful Neutral or Good.

The hyper beam will be good for him. It builds character.

Last I checked, it could also constitute as attempted murder, or at least assault.

Would you prefer some miserable failure, like a gym leader?

I don't know what makes you think Gym Leaders a 'miserable failures,' considering that when you challenge them along your journey they can give you as much or even more trouble than the League.

There's a reason he's at the League and not at Mt. Silver. Your innuendo and insinuations will not besmirch his character.

Your implications that he's so much better than everyone else certainly aren't helping. His arrogance isn't exactly role model material.

The fact remains, "if Lance were into anyone, it would be Leaf," a good trainer, yes, but still only thirteen.

Besides, perhaps he would approach the mother first and ask for an arranged marriage. Age is not relevant in such contracts.

Usually, neither is the arranged spouse's wishes. Besides, what makes you think that her mother would allow her to marry at that age anyway - much less agree to force her into it?

It would be good for the family. They could finally move out of that dismal disgrace of a town. Two houses? Really?

Why is it so hard to believe that some people just like the simplicity of country life as opposed to the rush of the city? Again, I'm getting a blatant tone of arrogance here.

Also let's not forget that four trainers that have come from these 'dismal disgraces of towns' have gone on to defeat the local champion (two of which defeated Lance, might I add).

Wacky, perhaps, to those limited by mortal faculties. Such things lie beyond your ken.

Lance: Just because you're special, doesn't mean you're better.

You know, Lance said he felt sorry that he had to faint the Electrode powering Team Rocket's transmitter.

Why didn't he catch them? I did, and I gave them nice names. Also just because those Electrodes are gone, doesn't mean someone else couldn't walk in and use that machine later.

Also Leaf/Red would be 14-16 range since they started their journey at the age of 11. When Gold started his journey, it was already 3 years later and he did not fight them until after going through two regions.

Also I just assumed that all of Lance's amazing feats with his Dragon Pokemon have something to do with being the grandson of the leader of the Dragon User's clan.

Also where the heck was he when Goldenrod got taken over? It's not like it was much of a secret considering Team rocket broadcast themselves region-wide. It's almost as if the only reason he went to Mahogany was to get that Red Gyarados for himself. At least Whitney and her gym trainers tried to help (though were confined in their gyms)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom