• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Tower

"We do need a plan, here. Going in with guns blazing is only going to get us killed faster." Ryan pointed out, the volatile electricity crackling underneath his skin growing jittery with his own anxiety regarding the situation. "We should know our own strengths and weaknesses - not just as a whole, but as individuals, as well. A better understanding will offer better survival for all of us, which at this point should be the most common interest we share."

He paused for a moment, crossing his arms over his chest. "Not saying we have to be best buddies or anything, but at the very least we need to learn to work with eachother, because otherwise, this," he gestured to the current argument at hand, "is never going to work."

"True," Winnie eventually said. "But I don't really like grandpa here playing hero," she then added. Twix began sniffing the air, reaching out of her bag slightly.

Miles chuckled at Winnie's remark. He'd heard it before after all. "I'm younger than I look." He said cordially. "A side effect of my ability sadly. Allows me to enhance my natural abilities... but it's aged me a bit prematurely." Miles admitted. "As for playing the hero, never been one for theatrics. Simply here to make sure the job gets done and we all get out of here in one piece."

"So you're one of those guys?" Ryan muttered in askance, raising a brow at the older man. "Jesus. Chivalry is practically dead these days, you know.."

Miles nodded. "Only practically dead." He remarked, sounding a bit saddened by the notion. "Old habits die hard I suppose." He thought out loud. "Sometimes I forget I'm no longer..." He cut off his musings.

"Part of the armed force?" He attempted to finish Miles's train of thought, going quiet not too soon after. "Well, anyway. It's kind of nice every once in a while, but it much too often gets mistaken for ulterior motive. Kindness, I mean."

"Lead the way," Natalie said towards Winnie. She really didn't care about whether they split up or not, she just wanted to get going. "It's hot as hell here too."

Andres frowned at this. Maybe it wouldn't be so easy for him to just stand in the sidelines like he expected. "Actually, you mentioned something interesting," he turned towards Ryan. "Why don't we all at least learn each other's powers? We're talking about splitting up and stratigizing without really knowing at least that much...or something," he explained, only for him to get nervous about saying something bad at the last part.

"Powers or fighting capabilities would be good to know before we end up hitting eachother. I'll even volunteer to be first. I already mentioned I can heal. I'm also a mid range and close range fighter," she said showing her weapon. "I can also enhance physical abilities but doing it to others is too much effort so I only use it for myself."

Natalie moving forward without the group seemed to cause something to stir. From the left path, a thumping could be heard approaching her.

From the trees came barreling a large beast; a furry, mammalian creature resembling something akin to a jaguar. It seemed to waste no time in attacking the girl, lunging at her from seemingly nowhere in an effort to try and skewer her.

Winnie jumped, caught off guard by the beast's arrival. "Shit!" she exclaimed, not knowing what to do. Twix was barking at the creature, trying to get out of her bag.

The beast doubled back, snarling as it made to round Natalie again. It was priming itself for another attack, before Twix's barking caught its attention. When it turned, it found both Winnie and the dog. One could only guess that what registered in its mind was 'easy meal', as it immediately ran forward, sending a swipe of its claw at the bag - and, by extension, Winnie.

Miles had been moving through the woods when he heard the noises. He sighed, switching to one of his suppressed handguns and changing direction. He began to make his way towards the chaos.

Brooke just stood there in shock as she saw what was taking place. She had no idea if this was dumb or stupid, but she picked up her katana and gripped it tightly. Then suddenly, something came to her mind. She wasn't sure if it would work, but had to try. Her hands began turning a deep black as her shadow connected with the creature's, attempting to hold it in place.

Winnie threw her bag back, Twix inside, so that the monster couldn't reach her. As for Winnie, however, she attempted to dodge the attack by falling back.

Andres moved back upon seeing the creature. He wanted to help sure, but seeing it right there in front of him just made him freeze up instead. Besides, everyone else was jumping in too, it would be fine right?

Natalie meanwhiel gritted her teeth, annoyed at having fallen so easily for the monsters attack. She held her hand forward, closing her eyes and exhaling as she began to imagine her attack. The temperature in front of her hand began to get colder as an icicle formed. Unfortunately, because of the stress and the heat in the area it wasn't too solid, but it was sharp enough for her to fire at the beast.

The combined forces of the Chosen were more than enough to keep the beast at bay. The shadows kept the beast from continuing its onslaught on Winnie, which allowed for Amelia's weapon to encircle it. Once ensnared by the weapon and unable to continue moving forward, the icicle hit the beast, lodging itself in its side. It let out a roar, though it wasn't able to move as easily with Brooke's shadow imposing itself on its own.

Winnie was out of the way of its attack, and the beast struggled angrily to get out of the entrapment.

A woman in a red shirt runs out from the tree line with a saber in hand. She goes in to jab the restrained beast in the neck, hoping to either kill or at the very least cripple it. However, the blade doesn't seem to be stuck very far in the beast's neck and is easily pulled out, coated in blood. "I'm hoping it's at least enough to slow it down when it gets out", she mutters to herself, making a mad dash in the opposite direction for a few meters, before stopping to unzip her bag, and she was clearly exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom