• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The trading idea between Eipum, and Buizel, did you like it?

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As always, I do love to do question threads with different types of cases; so I decide that I should write about the trade that happened between both Ash, and Dawn for both Buizel, and Eipum; so what do you think of this trade?

I didn't like it at all, and not because that I don't like the trade between Ash, and Dawn, no not for that. I do like the idea of trade between both of them, but I hate that Ash take Buizel, and left Eipum. I really bored from the traditional of types that Ash had. Water, Grass, fire, Fly, and so on. It is nice if ash gave dawn another pokemon, and take Buizel. Or at least letting Eipum being compete to pokemon league in the term of Contests Ways, and in the other hand Buizel compete in Grand festivals as the ways that it loves which eans doing Contests such as fighting in Pkemon League.

So guys, what do you think of the The trading idea between Eipum, and Buizel, did you like it?

I don't, and will not like it; because I do like Eipum compete in Pokemon Battles, and Gyms by doing Contests Attacks. Also, because it different type than Water, Grass, fire, Fly. Sure that Ash had a Normal Type Pokemons, but he doesn't use them all the time; so having an Eipum will be a nice way of changing.

Sure you can say that Ash got a Gible, and Gliscor, but in reality, he did catch the Gible at the end of Pokemon DP, and also Did left Gliscor until Pokemon League. He didn't Use Gliscor a lot of time. It is more than Gible, and did help him in the third Gym, that's right, but still I don't think that for this reason, then he should leave also Eipum. They were good team.

I am sure that you can say that Also Dawn left Empipum, the evolve of Eipum, but I do love To Empipum with Ash.

So please tell me about you opinion of "The trading idea between Eipum, and Buizel, did you like it?"

Last edited:
Each of ash's regional flying types was a normal type at some stage of it's life. Aipom is a normal type. So Ash has got many normal types too.

But in reality, if you ask me then they should be only a fly type only. We always use them as a fly Pokemons, not as a normal Pokemons; so I don't agree with you in this Point

Secondly, why I feel that you angry so much from my posts, and threads?

But in reality, if you ask me then they should be only a fly type only. We always use them as a fly Pokemons, not as a normal Pokemons; so I don't agree with you in this Point

Secondly, why I feel that you angry so much from my posts, and threads?

Well, I don't feel angry... I was just being straightforward. I just saw something incorrect since Ash has owned 5 Normal/Flying types, and it seems unfair when Flying is called a common type for Ash and not normal. It's almost like saying that the typing of the starter Pokemon is Fighting, Water and grass.

As for the Mew thread, Mew is not so special for me, and I think Mewtwo's storyline is interlinked with Mew's and I don't see how much fluff they can add to it.

I guess it's difficult communicating feelings from a keyboard.

Well, I don't feel angry... I was just being straightforward. I just saw something incorrect since Ash has owned 5 Normal/Flying types, and it seems unfair when Flying is called a common type for Ash and not normal. It's almost like saying that the typing of the starter Pokemon is Fighting, Water and grass.

As for the Mew thread, Mew is not so special for me, and I think Mewtwo's storyline is interlinked with Mew's and I don't see how much fluff they can add to it.

I guess it's difficult communicating feelings from a keyboard.

Well, I don't think a fly Normal is reality. They put it as Normal, but in reality if you ask me then they should be only Flying Pokemon. They same idea of Play Rough, why Play Rough is a Fairy Type Attack? Are the pokemons dance in Play rough attack? It is should be a normal or fight; because it similar idea to Wake up Slap, take down, giga impact, double egde; so still not agree with you here.

About Mew, I do feel that his Past will be so awesome. I want to know his hidden power that made the people want to make a pokemon cloned from him

I was good with it, mainly because I didn't like how Dawn had two water-types with Buizel. He was much better off going to Ash who needed one. With that whole situation, I'm mainly just upset about the events that happened after Aipom was traded to Dawn, but that's another story entirely.

Well my friend, as I said I am not disagree with the idea of trade. I do like doing new ways in catching such as getting by trade. Or getting chimcao from Rival Paul. But what I didn't like is that he will left eipum. If you will get buizel, then that's fine but do it with any another pokemon such as Stariva. you already had Pigeot, Swallow, and so on; so trading starivia with buizel will be new.

Not trading a new pokemon for getting water.

I'm mainly just upset about the events that happened after Aipom was traded to Dawn, but that's another story entirely like what my friend?

Well my friend, as I said I am not disagree with the idea of trade. I do like doing new ways in catching such as getting by trade. Or getting chimcao from Rival Paul. But what I didn't like is that he will left eipum. If you will get buizel, then that's fine but do it with any another pokemon such as Stariva. you already had Pigeot, Swallow, and so on; so trading starivia with buizel will be new.

Not trading a new pokemon for getting water.

I'm mainly just upset about the events that happened after Aipom was traded to Dawn, but that's another story entirely like what my friend?

But there wasn't really a reason to trade Staravia or any other Pokemon. He and the rest of Ash's team liked battling whereas Aipom preferred contests. There really was no reason to trade any other Pokemon other than Aipom. I wouldn't have minded if things had stayed the same and there was no trade whatsoever, but there was really no other Pokemon that could have been traded instead. Even from the real world mindset of "well Ash has had tons of birds already, so lets get rid of Staravia", it wouldn't have made sense from a story perspective at all.

Being released to play ping pong. That I did not appreciate.

But there wasn't really a reason to trade Staravia or any other Pokemon. He and the rest of Ash's team liked battling whereas Aipom preferred contests. There really was no reason to trade any other Pokemon other than Aipom. I wouldn't have minded if things had stayed the same and there was no trade whatsoever, but there was really no other Pokemon that could have been traded instead. Even from the real world mindset of "well Ash has had tons of birds already, so lets get rid of Staravia", it wouldn't have made sense from a story perspective at all.

Being released to play ping pong. That I did not appreciate.

Yes, I do agree in this, which is from the writers who always give the same type of pokemons, and the same the type of collection to Ash; which is the reason of this thread. I do like the changing in the ways of getting, and catching pokemons, but I do want to see the variety of the types in Ash also. having flying, waters, the beginners, and so on is the same thing which is bother me so much

Yes, I do agree in this, which is from the writers who always give the same type of pokemons, and the same the type of collection to Ash; which is the reason of this thread. I do like the changing in the ways of getting, and catching pokemons, but I do want to see the variety of the types in Ash also. having flying, waters, the beginners, and so on is the same thing which is bother me so much

True. It would have been more interesting to have a pure normal-type for the whole region rather than adding another water-type. Honestly, I liked Ash's early Sinnoh team of Pikachu, Turtwig, Aipom, and Staravia because it was so different than previous teams. But hey, what can you do...this show loves repetition :/

True. It would have been more interesting to have a pure normal-type for the whole region rather than adding another water-type. Honestly, I liked Ash's early Sinnoh team of Pikachu, Turtwig, Aipom, and Staravia because it was so different than previous teams. But hey, what can you do...this show loves repetition :/

This what I meant by this thread. We do know that Ash will get Water, Fire, Bird fly (I don't think it is normal, and I always use it as a fly; so I will not say that it is normal because it is a normal type also in the games [I am not a type who always agree with writers]), grass, and so on is so boring, and annoying which is one of the better that it got near 10 pokemons, or more in BW. I do like Aipum, and first team of ash, and if they want to do a trade, then it is a great idea, but not with Aipum

wanted him to get a Chesnaught this way, but that went a other way...

It's not like Buoysel and Eipam's trade was just something the writers threw together, the whole thing had been planned right from the start... even before her capture, Eipam was shown to be interested in contests while Buoysel's whole personality was ill-suited for performing (at least, the way Hikari would have liked). To be honest, I'm surprised that people didn't see it coming and complained because it made a ton of sense (hell, I recall that people were furious that Satoshi had initially failed to capture Buoysel).

It's not like Buoysel and Eipam's trade was just something the writers threw together, the whole thing had been planned right from the start... even before her capture, Eipam was shown to be interested in contests while Buoysel's whole personality was ill-suited for performing (at least, the way Hikari would have liked). To be honest, I'm surprised that people didn't see it coming and complained because it made a ton of sense (hell, I recall that people were furious that Satoshi had initially failed to capture Buoysel).

I think part of the reason why people were upset that Ash didn't capture Buizel at first was because Pikachu should have made the capture pretty easy for him. Plus, Pikachu was in the water at one point and instead of using an electric attack, they tried to get Pikachu out. It still made sense from a story perspective why Dawn captured it instead though.

Anyway, I was perfectly fine with the trade. It made complete sense and was foreshadowed quite nicely as early as Dawn's first Contest. It was really for the best for both Pokemon. Aipom was much more into Contest appeals and battles, while Buizel was more into the kind of straight forward battles that Ash was into. I was kind of sad for Ash because he clearly cared about Aipom and spent more time with it than Dawn had with Buizel, but it made sense from a story perspective and they were both focused on what the best was for their Pokemon. I don't like how Aipom was handled after the trade, mainly because I still feel like it got the raw end of the deal compared to Buizel, but that's a different issue altogether. The trade itself was perfectly fine.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom