• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Travel Thread: Vacations, Holidays, and Getaways!

Where, if anywhere, have you traveled so far?

• I’ve never traveled anywhere before!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I’ve traveled somewhere within “my backyard”! (My state, province, etc.)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I’ve traveled somewhere within my home country!

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I’ve traveled somewhere internationally on my continent!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I’ve traveled somewhere internationally on another continent!

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
The title says it all, haha. Have you traveled somewhere special on vacation or holiday? Maybe somewhere far away or even just a hop, skip, and a jump away? Wherever you’ve been, feel free to talk about it all here! (And also feel free to participate in the attached poll, if you’d like!)

I myself haven’t traveled anywhere outside of the US, unfortunately, although I definitely want to change that! (I’m thinking the UK or Japan especially.) That said, I have been to Florida once when I was about six or seven to visit Walt Disney World, as well as Myrtle Beach twice, once around the same time and another around a decade or so later. As for less beachy places, I’ve also taken multiple trips to Washington, DC over the past few years especially, just because I always find myself there on my travels, haha. I’ve also been back to New York City once or twice after we moved out of there, all in a more “tourist” mode than anything else (with the advantage of knowing where everything is, haha!).

I used to travel to the States a lot when I was younger, but I haven't been anywhere in about 8 years. I desperately need to travel again TwT

I used to go up to Canada every summer for a few weeks/a month, we'd always go at the end of June (so a bit after my birthday) and stay through July.

We'd always stay at place called Tumblehome Lodge, which was a lakeside resort/camping ground by this lake called - and I shit ye not this is the actual name - Crotch Lake in Ontario. We'd always stay in the more basic cabins/duplexes and not the slightly fancier condominium-styled apartments in their main building, probably because their main building was limited to two persons per apartment and no children were allowed (and considering I was a child back then...YEAH). Of course, pretty much the only difference in features between those accomodations and the ones we'd stay in were that you'd get satellite TV in the condo-styled ones in the main building, whereas everyone else would be limited to whatever channels you could get over the air with an antenna. Distinctly remember watching a bit of CBC cuz I think that was just the channel we got the best reception on. Although to be fair, we'd often be busy doing other stuff rather than just sitting and watching TV, watching TV was mostly for when we'd be having our meals. Why would we be watching TV when we could go swimming in the lake? Or fishing in the lake? Or going out on the lake on a boat and then just pissing around on some random island in the middle of the lake? Or playing volleyball? Or badminton? Or playing on the playground because, again, I was a child? Or going out to the nearest town and doing some shopping?

Naturally considering we'd spend July there, we'd always end up celebrating Canada Day while we were up there. Of course 'celebrating' just means 'we'd watch the fireworks show by the lake, play with sparklers, and wave little Canadian flags and stuff around'. We never went out to any like major celebrations for it.

I haven't been up there in years because of stuff that got changed with being able to travel between Canada and the US by land. I might be getting this completely wrong, but I think it used to be you didn't need a passport to enter Canada or something? Because I've never had a passport but that never stopped us from being let into Canada, but then laws changed so you now needed a passport (or this passport card you can use instead, I think?) to enter and I've never gotten one, so I just stopped going up to Canada.

I've never been outside of the US, but have traveled within the US some. Family vacations took me to California, Washington D.C./Maryland, Kansas, Arkansas and all of the Deep South states, band/orchestra trips took me to Indiana and Ohio. A trip with friends to Colorado. And last month I finally got to see Connecticut and a little of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

I plan on moving up to Connecticut, and will enjoy the close proximity to so many neat places. I would like to also go up into Canada. I have other countries I would love to visit (primarily in Europe) but will just have to hope for some opportunity to come up for that as it's so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom