1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.
  2. Bring your favorite pen to write your shipper heart out for Shippers' Paradise's first Short Story and Poetry Competition! Find the rules and further information in this thread
  3. Maniacal Engineer stopped being lazy and finally made a third episode of Bulbacast BTS. You can watch it right here.

The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree (POKEMON RP ONLY)

Discussion in 'Hall of Records' started by Marion Ette, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Pomona, Dennis: Not too far from where a certain Turtwig and Bulbasaur were, another pair of Grass-types were taking a walk through the park. However, while Zyra was clearly in love with Toby, these Grass-types were more in the way of siblings. The younger of the two, a Bulbasaur, was looking in all directions, taking in the beautiful scenery of the park with a look of awe on his face.

"Wow," Dennis said. "You were right, big sis, this place is cool!"

"Told ya," grinned the older of the two, a perky, cheerful, and cute Ivysaur. As they passed a tree, she extended a pair of vines and plucked two Pecha Berries off of it. She then offered one to the Bulbasaur, but he had to grab it in his mouth. Pomona, noticing this, stopped so the two of them could eat where they were. Once they had eaten their Pecha Berries, they started walking again, only now Dennis looked a little downcast.

"Pomona, why can't I grab stuff with vines like you can?" he asked sadly.

"Oh, don't worry," Pomona replied reassuringly. "Just wait till you learn Vine Whip. Ooh, ooh, that reminds me," she added, starting to giggle. "Let me know when you learn Vine Whip, we could do what I did when I learned it."

"Why, what'd you do?" Dennis asked curiously.

"I sneaked up behind Keith and tickled him like crazy!" giggled Pomona. "He couldn't stop laughing, he's extremely ticklish."

"That won't make him mad, will it?" the Bulbasaur asked nervously.

Pomona laughed. "Of course not!" she smiled. "You shouldn't worry so much, Dennis, Keith's a great Trainer."

"I just hope it's not a problem that all I can use right now is Tackle," the Bulbasaur murmured.

"Don't worry about that," replied the Ivysaur. "Nitro only knows Charge and Flash right now, and Cadmium's only attack is Vice Grip. When Keith first hatched me, I only knew Tackle, too, but Keith wasn't bothered by that. The first thing he did with me was teach me how to use Sludge, in fact."

"Oh, yeah, you got some good attacks, right?" Dennis asked, now smiling again.

"Yep!" Pomona replied proudly. "Ooh, ooh, check this out, in fact, tell me what you think," she added, backing up a bit. "Ever since Keith asked me if I wanted to enter Pokémon Cute Contests with him, I've been working on possible performances for the appeal round. Check this out." At this, Pomona jumped up into the air, started spinning, and pulled her body into a tight Defense Curl, leaving only her flower protruding. And then, still in the air from that jump, her flower shot out a Petal Dance, encasing the Ivysaur in a sphere of swirling petals. A pair of purple glowing vines protruded from this, whirling around just as rapidly as Pomona was spinning- she was using Power Whip, her vines acting as helicopter blades to keep her suspended in midair as her flower added more and more petals to the sphere. Finally, the vines retracted back into the sphere, and it started falling. But then, before it hit the ground, Pomona unfurled her body from the Defense Curl, causing the swirling petals to disperse in every direction. To top it all off, she managed to even throw in a Charm attack for maximum cuteness as she unfurled her body. She landed on the ground, the petals gently falling to the ground all around her.

Dennis was in awe. He got up on his hind legs, leaving his front legs free to applaud enthusiastically. "Wow!!" he exclaimed. "That was amazing! Did Keith see that yet? You were awesome!!!"

Pomona smiled modestly. "Heh, thanks, Dennis," she grinned. "I'm still working on it before I show it to Keith, though. "What about you? You think you might want to enter Pokémon Contests, too?"

"I dunno," the Bulbasaur replied. "I'm actually more interested in battling, to be honest." His eyes lit up for a few moments as he pictured himself as a powerful Venusaur, toppling his opponents with incredibly strong attacks. Then, he glanced nervously at his older sister. "...Hey, Pomona," he added, "It's fine that I want to become a Venusaur, right? I mean, I know how you feel about that..."

In response, Pomona extended her vines and gave the young Bulbasaur a reassuring hug. "It's perfectly fine," she confirmed. "Just because I don't want to evolve into a Venusaur doesn't mean you shouldn't. Your evolution is your decision." Once the hug stopped, she grinned at Dennis. "Hey," she added, "wanna race to the Watmel fields over that way?" she asked, pointing down the path with a vine.

"You're on!" Dennis grinned. And with that, the Bulbasaur and Ivysaur took off, dashing madly towards the grove of Watmel Berries.

2. Gemini Spark

Gemini Spark Light and Dark

Blog Posts:
    Mia, Vi, Conis, Brittany, Molly: While Toby and Zyra were left to themselves, the rest of the girls were busy chatting about the cool, new tricks each of them learned when Vi noticed a Mankey greeting them and introducing herself as Molly. "Sup," she did a simple wave back as she stopped to chat with the new character. "Name's Vi, and this is Mia, Brittany, and Conis." The other Pokemon each said their hellos in turn, all of them eyeing what Molly was eating "Ooo, a yummy bewwy~" Mia was the first to say. "Hm, yeah, that does look good, where'd you get it?" Vi asked.

Zyra, Toby, Mustrum, Gytha: Toby and Zyra were both in their own little worlds, with Zyra fantasizing about the Turtwig with her sweeping her off her feet while Toby... eh, he was just stopping and smelling the roses. What- no, no, there weren't any Roselia there, they were just roses! Honest! Anyway, a crackling of electricity disturbs the scene as well as a few birds and rodents in the area before a Tynamo popped out of a bush celebrating the use of his Charge Beam, with a Skiploom following him. Both of them float down to meet Toby and Zyra and introduce themselves while Gytha the Skiploom apologized for Mustrum's sudden appearance. "No problem," Toby said with a smile, "I'm just hanging out with Zyra over here. I'm Toby, nice to meet you!"
    "Hm? He said my name!?" the Bulbasaur had a sudden outburst before she snapped out of it and saw the Tynamo floating in front of her. "Awwww, so cute~" she squeed.
    "Uh huh, his name's Mustrum," said Toby.
    "Hi there, I'm Zyra!" she beamed.

3. uhhhhh

uhhhhh The Corner Star

Blog Posts:
    Connor and the rest of his team: "Well, we're here everyone! Shame I can't join you guys but oh well."

Connor and all of his Pokemon had just arrived at the Tree Grove, after losing their way one too many times. From what the photographer could see of the area, he could see the reason why this place is considered a haven for the Pokemon with undisturbed nature as far as the eye could see. "Well then everyone, this is where I leave you guys for now. I've been hired to photograph a certain event for a few days and the client doesn't really want any Pokemon nearby so... yeah," he scratched his head as he turned to look at Gaspard, "Gaspard, you know what to do. I entrust all of them to you okay?" he grinned.

"Well then, have fun you guys! I'll be back in a few days!" he waved back to all of his Pokemon as he walked away from the Grove. His Pokemon had then scattered around the area and split up, each of them curious to see what the Tree Grove has in store.

4. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    Mia, Vi, Conis, Brittany, Molly: As the group of Pokémon introduced themselves to Molly, the Mankey noticed how they were eyeing her Oran Berry. And then, as Mia remarked on the berry, that did it. Molly exploded. "OH, HELL, NO! MY ORAN BERRY! THIS IS MINE!!" she screeched, though she managed to calm herself down as the realization set in that they were merely wondering where she had gotten it. "...Oh. Heh," she chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry about that. Nice to meet you all. And there's an Oran bush just this way, it's got plenty of these berries. Come on, I'll show you," she offered. She sounded pleasant again, as though that brief enraged outburst had never happened.

Pomona, Dennis, Zyra, Toby, Mustrum, Gytha: Elsewhere in the park, Pomona and Dennis were walking, when the former stopped, perking up somewhat. She could hear voices, and one of them sounded familiar.

"Pomona? What-" began a confused Dennis.

"Dennis, this way!" Pomona replied excitedly, dashing off towards the source of the voices. The Bulbasaur looked confused, but followed the Ivysaur. Before long, they arrived at a clearing where another Bulbasaur, along with a Turtwig, were talking to a Skiploom and a Tynamo. And to Pomona's delight, she was indeed correct in regards to her suspicions about one of the voices, for that voice did indeed belong to Zyra, the Bulbasaur she had met and befriended back at Keith's Secret Base. "Hiiii!" Pomona exclaimed cheerfully as she arrived on the scene. "Hi, Zyra! Oh, oh, this is Dennis," she added as the Bulbasaur caught up with his energetic older sister. "Dennis, this is my friend Zyra. Oh, and who are you all?" she added, looking at the Tynamo, Skiploom, and Turtwig. "My name's Pomona," she introduced herself.

Myrtle, Foster: Elsewhere, a Banette was floating along, when she spotted another of her kind. Though the last time they had seen each other was before either of them had evolved, Myrtle recognized him anyway.

"So, you evolved too, Foster, hmm?" she said as she floated up behind him.

Helena, Jacques: On the subject of the Shuppet evolution family, a Shuppet had also encountered another Pokémon, though in this case, she did not know who this Pokémon was. "Hello," Helena cheerfully greeted the Gliscor. "I'm Helena, who are you?"

5. DaveTheFishGuy

DaveTheFishGuy What's society's problem?

Blog Posts:
    Man I am a terrible person. Right, even though Rincewind recently evolved I'm going to keep him a Trapinch here for now until his storyline's resolved, sorry for the delay.

Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis:
    "Cute? Pah!" Mustrum responded, his small body bristling. "Not for long! I've mastered all five attacks that I can learn, and hopefully it won't be long until I evolve!" Electricity danced along his body as his excitement built. Being one of the few species that are considered useless until they reached their next stage, he was naturally looking forward to the process, and anything that could help him achieve it.

Gytha smiled at her charge's passion, before noticing two more Pokémon appearing. One was another Bulbasaur, and the other was the its evolved form, an Ivysaur, slightly bigger than the other Pokémon assembled, who began conversing with Zyra, introducing her to the other Bulbasaur before greeting the other three. "Nice to meet you, Pomona, Dennis. I'm Gytha, and this is Mustrum." The Tynamo would have waved. You know, if he had arms.

"Hey, hey." he crackled, before turning back to the Turtwig. "Say Toby, you look strong and sturdy... want a quick battle? Nothing serious, just a bit of a workout, know what I mean?" he asked. "And hey, now that we've got company, maybe one of them could try judging it." he glanced at Dennis and Pomona. "C'mon, whaddaya say?"

Salazar, Conina, Darktan:
    Watching Fang flee, Darktan relaxed, powering down the shimmering orb between his paws and returning the energy to his body. Turning back to the group, he afforded himself a breather, allowing his body to recover from the stress of evolution and combat. "Not how I saw this day going." he muttered. Seconds later, Godric announced that he had to check something out, bounding away through the undergrowth. The Raticate could have followed, but instead remained at rest with the two members of the Venipede line.

"Yeah I'm alright, just glad that Darktan is too." Conina replied. With that, she turned and slapped her stubby tail against the Normal-type's side. "Don't ever do that again! I don't care if you evolved, you could have been bitten in half!" she screeched, her yellow eyes staring daggers at the rodent.

Darktan merely grinned. "Ah, but I wasn't. Besides, I doubt anyone will try that trick again. Though it would have been amusing to see Fang bite down and immediately get a mouthful of Poison Point, Twineedle and Poison Sting." he replied. "If you ask me, he got off lightly." He winced a bit. "I'm good, though as useful as that dose of Poison was, it'd be nice if all it gave me was the attack boost." Glancing around, the mammal was quick to spot a lone Pecha tree amongst the foliage. With a quick burst of speed, he darted up the trunk, along a branch, and cut down a single Berry before dropping to the ground, prize in hand. Stabbing his incisors into the fruit, he quickly drained it of juice before gulping down the husk, instantly feeling refreshed as the poison in his system was cured. "Much better. So, what now?"

"Weren't we heading for the big tree? We could still do that." Conina suggested.

Gemini, Nagini, Norbert, Godric, James, Lily, Six, Rune, Rincewind, Rhys, Osage, Lumiere:
    The brawl was going well. Several Fearow dropped as they were nailed by successful attacks, leaving very few birds left to continue the onslaught. But the ones that remained suddenly regrouped, launching a combined attack of Echoed Voice. Rhys, along with his allies on the cliff, cringed as the attack washed over them, dealing some nasty damage to all the Pokémon. As the Fearow closed in again, a Flash from Lumiere's flame seared into their eyes, stunning them mid-flight and leaving them blinded. Protected by his special eyes, Rhys nodded in approval as the flock were left dazzled. "Nice work." he muttered, before watching Osage's Blizzard wash over the avians. chilling them nicely. Adding to the fun, the Sandile summoned up another Stone Edge, sending multiple shards of rock out to strike the frozen flock, most of them falling under the combined assault from the two Dark-types.

Down on the ground, Godric reappeared in this area, quickly outlining a battle plan to take on the remaining Fearow. Rincewind was left out of the Nidoran's strategy, but was eager to help as best he could. He watched as the Poison-type was quickly assaulted by one of the Flying-types, taking it on fearlessly and evolving in the process. "Man, the guy who owns these guys must be a hell of a Trainer..." the Trapinch muttered, turning to watch the plan unfold. James' Poison Powder billowed upward, while Lily's Icy Wind carried it over to the remainder of the flock, chilling and poisoning them in one fell swoop. With that done, Six released a flurry of poisonous globs toward the birds, each reacting with the toxins in their bodies to damage them further. "Nice work guys! Now let's see how they like this!" the Ground-type shouted, rearing up and planting his forelegs on the ground. Several stones burst from the ground before him, hanging in the air, and with a lunge he fired the Rock Slide at the flock, sending the boulders clattering into the Fearow. Surely this brawl couldn't last much longer...

6. Gemini Spark

Blog Posts:
    Brittany, Mia, Conis, Vi, Molly: While the four girls were wondering where their new friend had gotten such a delicious Oran Berry, the Mankey had apparently thought by mistake that they were wanting her berry, and she lost it for a moment with a short outburst, taking the four Pokemon aback, before agreeing to show them the Oran Berry bush nearby. "Uhhh... sure..." Vi said nervously while she lightly scratched her cheek with one claw. The Spheal, Combusken, Mareep, and Taillow all looked at each other awkwardly; none of them had really dealt with Pokemon that had such a volatile mood swing, one that was so common among Mankey especially since, as Molly just demonstrated, they were prone to jumping to conclusions. Nevertheless, they all agreed to follow this Pig Monkey to the Oran Berry grove; after all, they did have the numbers to get out of a jam should things suddenly go sour and Molly particularly loses her temper.

Toby, Zyra, Mustrum, Gytha, Dennis, Pomona: As Toby and Zyra met up with a Skiploom and a Tynamo, the EleFish quickly dismissed the idea of being called cute and boasted about how close he was to evolving. "Oh really? Do you evolve into something even cuter~?" Zyra asked Mustrum. "I think I saw what the little guy changes into once," Toby helped answer for Mustrum. "I don't think it looked cute at all, though our trainer still wants one really bad." {OOC: This, of course, is assuming it all happened before Hyrem got a certain blue, sparkly fishy. ;) } Before they could continue with their conversation, a Bulbasaur and an Ivysaur--the Ivysaur, of course, being recognized by Zyra as Pomona--ran up to the group with Pomona giving her cheerful greeting to everyone. "Pomona!" Zyra said back with an equally wide smile before she was introduced to Dennis, the younger Bulbasaur beside Pomona. "Nice to meet you, Dennis!" she greeted the other Bulbasaur warmly.

"I'm Toby, Zyra's teammate," the Turtwig told Pomona when asked what his name was. "Nice to meet you two! So I guess you and Zyra met each other before?"
    "Yeah, that was back when we were visiting her trainer's base. Our trainer doesn't have one yet," she explained to Pomona, "but he's still looking for one!"

It wasn't long before the attention was back on Mustrum as he challenged Toby to a battle! "Hmmm..." he mused at the idea of battling a zippy Tynamo, particularly if Mustrum was at a high of a level as he claimed to be. "Sure, I'm up for it!" he nodded, accepting the challenge. "Besides," he got a good whiff of the air around them before continuing, "I've got a feeling something good'll happen from it." He began forming a strategy in his head while he waited for one of the other Pokemon to step up as a judge: this was his first-ever battle and therefore his first chance to show off his Growth as a Turtwig ever since he was taken in by Hyrem two years ago, and all that training he had Stockpiled recently was now going to be put to the test with his first real Razor Leaf attack. While it was true that this Tynamo would almost certainly have a level advantage on him he did at least have a type advantage, and he may end up with a stat advantage as well.

Meanwhile, Zyra was a little stuck on what Toby had said when he accepted Mustrum's challenge. Something good... will... happen... She began blushing as she imagined Toby standing victorious over the Tynamo before he looked to her and admitted that he dedicated the battle to her (Pfff, that's what SHE said! Ohhhhhhhhh snap~). She then imagined him approaching her, confessing his love to her, and kissing her on the lips, and she sighed, her daydreaming distracting her from the battle about to start.

7. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    OOC: These storylines are to be treated as though they took place before Dennis evolved into Ivysaur and Molly left my team. Also, that other storyline, which I will be skipping until Charm has replied to it, is to be treated as though it takes place before Godric evolved into Nidoking and Norbert evolved into Fraxure or Haxorus. Thank you.

Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis, Meowth: Zyra was delighted to see Pomona again, and also to meet Dennis. "Hi," Dennis replied with a smile- Zyra seemed every bit as friendly as Pomona. The Skiploom introduced herself as Gytha, and the Tynamo as Mustrum. Finally, the Turtwig introduced himself as Toby, revealing that he was one of Zyra's teammates, before guessing that Zyra and Pomona had met before. Zyra confirmed this, telling Toby about the time she had been with Hyrem to visit Keith's Secret Base, and then explaining to Pomona that Hyrem didn't have a Secret Base of his own yet. Before either Dennis or Pomona could say anything else, however, Mustrum challenged Toby to a battle. The Turtwig eagerly agreed, and Mustrum asked if Pomona or Dennis could referee it. "...I'm not sure how well I'd do as a judge," admitted Dennis sheepishly. "I've never even been in a battle before, and I've only watched a couple of them so far..."

"Ooh!" Pomona spoke up suddenly. "I got it- I think I saw him on the way over here, gimme a minute-" And with that, she raced off. She wasn't gone a minute, however, and came racing back, one of her vines extended and clutching the arm of a Meowth, who clearly wasn't expecting anything of the sort minutes beforehand.

"Wat da- Pomona, wat was dat all about?" Meowth asked as the Ivysaur let go of him. Unlike the other Pokémon present, however, Meowth spoke in human language. "Who's all dis?" he added upon spotting the small group of unfamiliar Pokémon.

"Meowth, this is my friend Zyra, this is her teammate Toby, and this is Mustrum and Gytha," Pomona replied, gesturing to each of them respectively with a vine as she introduced Meowth to them. "This is Meowth," she added to the others. "He's actually helped Keith referee training battles before, so he'll be perfect for this!"

"So wat's dis about?" Meowth asked. "Who's battlin'?"

"Mustrum and Toby," piped up Dennis.

"OK, gotcha," nodded Meowth. "Alright, youse two get started whenever yer ready," he added to the Tynamo and Turtwig.

Brittany, Mia, Conis, Vi, Molly: Molly cheerfully led the group of Pokémon over to where there grew a fairly large bush, full of ripe Oran Berries, completely unaware of how she had unnerved them all with her practically unprovoked outburst. "Here it is," smiled the Mankey. She took a couple of bites of her Oran Berry, and once she was done, continued talking. "Help yourselves!"

Salazar, Conina, Darktan, Gold: After Godric had ran off, Conina berated Darktan for his actions- heroic though they were, they also very nearly got the Raticate eaten. Darktan, however, seemed unfazed by this, reminding Conina that he did not get broken in half or eaten, though remarked on how amusing it'd have been if Fang had gotten a mouthful of Poison Sting, Poison Point, and Twineedle, that last one catching Salazar's attention. "Twineedle?" he repeated. "You know that move, Conina? I've always wanted to learn that one. I was actually going to learn it for my birthday one year, back when I was still a Venipede myself. Only problem was, Keith had to temporarily leave me with a babysitter while he sorted things out with the PC storage system, back when it was much more restrictive, and the incompetent fool never picked up my birthday gifts." The Scolipede scowled. "I was supposed to learn Dragon Pulse, too, and now that they put those laws into effect restricting TM use, I'll never learn it..." Meanwhile, Darktan hastened to pluck a Pecha Berry from a nearby tree and consume it to cure his poisoning. Conina then suggested they continue heading for the big tree. "Sounds good to me," said the Scolipede as he led the way.

The rest of the journey to the big tree happened without incident, though narrowly- at one point, Salazar had to stop his friends from walking right into a web he recognized as having been spun by Aragog, Keith's Ariados. Other than that, however, the rest of the journey went off without a hitch. Once they arrived at the tree, they could see a large, blue, reptilian Pokémon relaxing in the shade, leaning up against the trunk.

As the trio approached the tree, the Feraligatr noticed them. "Hmm? Hey, Salazar," he called, waving at the Scolipede. "Who's your friends there?"

"Oh, hey, Gold," Salazar replied. "This is Darktan and Conina. Darktan, Conina, this is Gold, my Trainer's Feraligatr. He's another carnivore, but you got nothing to worry about, he won't eat you."

"It's true," nodded Gold. "You're clearly friends with Salazar. I don't eat my friends, and I don't eat my friends' friends. One of the few things me and Fang disagree on. Lemme guess," he added, noticing how Salazar's expression darkened. "Had a run-in with Fang recently?"

"Yep," Salazar said. "Went for Conina, but Darktan pushed her out of the way and ended up in Fang's mouth. Then he evolved, forced his way out of Fang's mouth with Flame Wheel, and chased him off with Ice Beam."

"That's Fang, all right," sighed Gold. "He's a good friend, honestly, he just has a tendency to think more with his stomach, y'know what I mean? Try talking to him when he's just eaten, when he's still full, guaranteed you won't have a problem with him. So, you just evolved, huh?" he added to the Raticate. "Pretty cool, congrats. Evolved not long ago myself. In fact, only a couple of months ago I was still a Totodile. Dunno why, I just never felt like it was the right time to evolve until I was back on Keith's team."

Marvolo, Fang: Elsewhere, a Seviper and a Carnivine were relaxing in the shade of a decidedly smaller tree, both of them much fuller than before.

"Ohhhh," sighed the Seviper. "Now that was good eating."

"See? What'd I tell you?" grinned the Carnivine. "You catch the Metapod off-guard, before they get a chance to Harden. Still a pretty good crunch, doesn't break your teeth, and the insides are delicious!"

"I will definitely remember that," nodded Marvolo. "Shame we couldn't find Norbert, though."

"Is he really that good a hunter?" Fang asked.

"Absolutely," said the Seviper. "The kid's a natural. Saw him take out a nest of Watchog the other day by himself, I don't think any of them saw him coming."

"Wow," murmured Fang. "Is that where you got those extra Watchog corpses you gave me?"

"Yep," said Marvolo. "There was a lot of them, Norbert couldn't finish them all himself. Gave some to me, gave some to Gold, gave some to Pisces, and of course, gave me some to give to you. You were out hunting at the time, it was the day you were sneaking up on that Paras and it broke wind in your face."

"Eeesh, don't remind me," shuddered Fang, pulling a face at the memory of that day. "You know their Effect Spore comes out that end, too? Couldn't decide what I needed more- a Pecha Berry or a bottle of mouthwash!"

"I can top that one," replied Marvolo. "One time I was out hunting... I'll spare you the details and just tell you that from a certain distance, Rattata and Stunky don't look all that different."

"Ooh," winced Fang. "That couldn't have ended well."

Marvolo shook his head. "It did not," he confirmed gravely. The two continued conversing in this vein for some time as their recent meals digested.

Gemini, Nagini, Norbert, Godric, James, Lily, Six, Rune, Rincewind, Rhys, Osage, Lumiere: Waiting for Charm on this one.

8. Charm

Charm Hot♥

Blog Posts:
    Gemini, Nagini, Norbert, Godric, James, Lily, Six, Rune, Rincewind, Rhys, Osage, Lumiere: Rune and Gemini were within sights of the small village at this point. The Flygon strides through the air, turning her head slightly to look back at the worried Pokemon. "We're here, children! It won't be long now!" she tried to cheer them up, and to her delight, their spirits were lifted a little bit. A little Oddish in the back scruffles behind the leaves of a Hoppip, "I wanna see my mommyyyy," he cries. "You'll see her soon, little one. They're all down there!" she then turns to Gemini, giving a nod as the two descend to the clearing.

The plaza was still as lively as ever. Pokemon of all sorts from the Tree Grove were gathered, worried for their children. All of their faces lighten, however, when they hear the shouts of children descending over them. The delivery team meets the land, as one by one the baby Pokemon scurry off and run to their parents. The Bellossom from before had tears running form her eyes as the little Oddish ran into her arms. "Thank you..." was all she managed to squeeze out to Rune and Gemini. Many of the adult Pokemon were still worried, however, not finding their babies anywhere. Before the anxiety escalated, Rune boomed her voice, "Some of your children are still at the Fearow nests, but fear not! Our friends are dealing with the problem as I speak. Gemini and I will come back with the remaining children very soon, so please remain calm." Several disgruntled exchanges occurred between the native Pokemon, though for the most part they understood but remained worried. Parents. Rune felt a bit disheartened by the uncertain response, she was trying the best she could, but she had to keep moving. Ascending once more, the duo make their way back to the cliffs.

Back at the cliffside, Osage's Blizzard had struck a majority of the remaining Fearow- chilling them up incredibly as Rhys joins in with another Stone Edge. The rocks jab the chilled Fearow, finishing them off splendidly. "Nice one, umm..." Lumiere cheers on, but then realizes he doesn't know the Sandile's name.

"They're down to a few now, let's finish thi- ACK," Osage chimes in when a Fearow suddenly swoops up over them. Instinctively rearing his hand back, he plants it onto the Fearow with an added icy flavor. The Ice Punch sends the Fearow aback, leaving a frozen piece of ice at its center. The Litwick jumps in as well, his mindset kicked back into the action as he puffs out a Dark Pulse. The pulsating blast sends the bird plummeting into unconsciousness. "Hell yeah!~" Lumiere bellows in triumph. Unlike Lumiere, Osage remained focused and wary, not wanting another Fearow to sneak up on them again. He spots another Fearow closing in and puts his claws together in preparation. He concentrates up more of his cyan energy in between his hands before casting out the Ice Beam into the Fearow for the finishing blow.

Taking in several deep breaths, the Sneasel was exhausted at this point, but to his relief he notices the other Fearow at the cliffside have all finally fallen. Peering over, he notices that most of the conflict on land has been resolved as well. It won't be long now. Looking back over to the skies, the watchful Sneasel notices the Flygon and Weezing are heading back, not too far off either. "Perfect timing, let's plop these kids on them when they're back and be done with this. I need a nap..."

Marvolo, Fang, Eous, Sterope: Elsewhere in the Tree Grove, a flash of red and yellow were zipping through the dense trees in the outskirts. It was a race, and neither were relenting. To the two, this was a regular occurrence, and both have grown stronger as a result of their competitions. However, to any who watched, this was a spectacle that they could barely witness. Passing two separated trees which seem to be a makeshift finish-line, the yellow flash manages to inch just ahead as both racers suddenly stop cold. Breathing heavily, the Ponyta and Blitzle look to each other and smile.

"You beat me again, Sterope. I'm not sure if I'll ever win one of these..." the Ponyta moped.

"As true as that may be, don't be so hard on yourself, Eous. You were close," the Blitzle answered, just a tad bit full of herself.

The truth was, she was worried that Eous would one day outrun her. Each race has ended with them finishing closer and closer, and she was beginning to realize that Eous had a lot more potential in him than she did. Sure she was naturally gifted from birth, while Eous could barely walk out of his egg, but their training together has shown her a hidden light in the Ponyta.

"Well, I'm parched. Let's go find a pond somewhere," the Blitzle says, waking herself out of her deep thoughts.

The two start a slow gallop, when they catch a glimpse of a Seviper and Carnivine resting under a tree. The Blitzle had remembered that these species of Pokemon were particularly deadly, but before she could nudge Eous along, the Ponyta greets them.

"Hey, do you guys know where we could find some water?" he gallops over to the two. The Blitzle curses to herself, but realizes the Ponyta can't take it back now. Hopefully these two will be friendly to them...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  9. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    Gemini, Nagini, Norbert, Godric, James, Lily, Six, Rune, Rincewind, Rhys, Osage, Lumiere: Gemini and Rune finally reached the village of Grass-types, and the ones that were hitching a ride on the Weezing hopped down to the ground. Both heads exchanged smiles as they saw the baby Grass-types reunite with their parents. However, the ones whose children didn't come along on the first trip looked worried. Rune quickly reassured them on the matter, though this didn't put them completely at ease. "She's absolutely right," added the Weezing's larger head. "One of them is my best friend, an Arbok named Nagini. She's the kind of Pokémon you can trust with your life." With that, the Weezing and Flygon flew back up toward the Fearow nests.

Up at the Fearow nests, Osage, Lumiere, Rhys, and Nagini were finishing things up- Osage's Blizzard and Rhys's Stone Edge formed a marvelous combo that took out almost all the remaining Fearow. Osage took on one of the two remaining Fearow, while Nagini tackled the other, the Arbok fixing it with a fearsome Glare, locking it in place. As the Fearow began to lose altitude, being too paralyzed to flap its wings, Nagini fired a blast of Acid to finish it off.

Nagini breathed a sigh of relief- those had been the last of the Fearow. With a downward glance, she could see that the Fearow down there were being dealt with in a very efficient manner. Impressed by the combination of attacks her teammates were using, Nagini noticed something else coming their way out of the corner of her eye. She tensed up, but relaxed as she saw that it was Rune and Gemini, returning for the rest of the babies.

"Well, looks like you guys dealt with things pretty well up here," observed Gemini's larger head.

"Boy, I'll say," commented the smaller head, noticing the large amount of unconscious Fearow on the ground far below them. "Alright, let's get the rest of these little guys back to where they belong. Hop on, everyone."

"Ooh..." came a small voice. "Hey, hey, let's bring this cool rock home!" it said excitedly. Gemini and Nagini looked- the voice was coming from an Exeggcute. More specifically, that one cracked egg that each Exeggcute cluster seemed to have. And then they saw the cool rock that he, and now his brothers, were hopping towards; a cool green stone with a peculiar imprint on one side that was remarkably shaped like a leaf- wait, like a leaf?!

"Hey, whoa, whoa, wait a minute-" Gemini's heads began simultaneously, but it was too late- the Exeggcute had already reached the Leaf Stone. Light shone brightly from all six eggs as they seemed to melt together, along with the stone, and grow into a single, tall entity. The glowing faded at that point, revealing an Exeggutor that was clearly much too tall to hitch a ride on Gemini or Rune.

"...Whoops," one of the Exeggutor's heads said sheepishly. "So, that's what Leaf Stones look like, huh? Sorry..."

"Alright, OK, we can still work with this," Nagini said, trying to take back control of the situation. "Everyone else, Gemini and Rune will get you back to your families. You," she said, turning to the Exeggutor. "I don't suppose you know how to use Teleport?" the Arbok asked hopefully.

"Not so much, no..." the head from before muttered sheepishly.

"Alright, then, we go to plan B," stated Nagini.

"We had a plan B?" said Gemini's second head.

"Yes," nodded Nagini. "Gemini, send a telepathic message to Lily down there. Tell her to fly up to the top of the cliff at the first chance she gets."

"Got it," said the Weezing's larger head as they waited for the small Grass-types to climb onto their heads.

Down on the ground, Godric's tactics were working marvelously- every single Fearow in the vicinity was poisoned and significantly slowed down, and Six's Venoshock attacks were inflicting massive damage. Rincewind was helping out too, his Rock Slide piling onto the damage the Fearow flock was taking.

Just then, Godric stepped forward, the Nidorino having finally fended off the Fearow what that triggered his evolution. "OK, looks like we're about ready to finish up here," he said, sizing up the situation. "And you there, nice Rock Slide," he added, addressing Rincewind. "Name's Godric, what's yours?"

"Th-this is R-Ri-Rincewind," Six squeaked.

"Good to meet you, Rincewind," said the Nidorino. "Alright, if you can do another Rock Slide like that, along with another round of Venoshocks from Six, that may just finish things up. James, Lily, you two can help out with a dual Sludge Wave-"

"Hold it," Lily interrupted. "Gemini just sent me a telepathic message- they want me to fly up to the top of the cliff as soon as possible."

"Hmm," Godric murmured. "Alright, then- go ahead and see what they want. Truth be told, I'd be surprised if Six and Rincewind couldn't wrap things up by themselves."

"Um... O-OK," Six murmured. He was a little nervous, but at the same time, he had seen for himself what his Venoshocks had done before, and he was feeling a bit more confident about this than he was before. He prepared to fire off more Venoshocks as Lily took off for the top of the cliffs.

"Ah, Lily," smiled Nagini as the Venomoth approached them. "Glad you made it. How's the battle going down there?"

"Almost done," replied Lily. "Little Six has been doing really well, too, I'm proud of him. Now what's this about? Gemini wasn't very clear-" she stopped, however, as she spotted the Exeggutor. "...Never mind, I think I can guess," she said. "This one was an Exeggcute when the Fearow took him, I'm guessing, and there was a Leaf Stone up here?"

"That about sums it up," the Arbok nodded. "He's too tall for Gemini or Rune to take, so if you could Teleport him back to the village, that would be great."

"No problem," the Venomoth replied as she landed on the Exeggutor's leaves. In the blink of an eye, both the Venomoth and the Exeggutor vanished.

Nagini sighed in relief as Gemini and Rune took off, carrying the last of the babies back to their parents. Sure, that Exeggutor's parents were in for quite a shock, but otherwise, things went off without a hitch. "C'mon," she said to Osage, Lumiere, and Rhys. "Let's get moving, get back down there," she added as she began to Dig into the rock.

Marvolo, Fang, Eous, Sterope: Elsewhere, where things were significantly more peaceful, Marvolo and Fang noticed a pair of Pokémon in the distance. One was a Ponyta, the other a Blitzle. The Carnivine began to salivate- both species made for decent enough prey, but were usually too fast to catch. These, however, seemed to have just been racing, and were now taking it rather slow.

The Seviper, however, noticed that Fang was drooling and shot him a look. "What?" Fang asked defensively.

"...We just ate," Marvolo replied. "We just stuffed our faces not half an hour ago. I ate so many Metapod I feel like I can use Harden now. And you ate just as much as me, if not more. There is no possible way you can still be hungry."

"I don't mean to eat them now," Fang shot back. "I'm thinking we take 'em out now and save them for later."

"Normally I'd be all for that," conceded Marvolo, "but Hermione doesn't want anyone taking up too much space in the refrigerator, and you know Ponyta and Blitzle meat doesn't keep for long without proper refrigeration."

"Why the sudden interest in fridge space?" Fang asked. Hermione was perhaps the only Bug-type Fang never felt like eating. Perpetually hungry he may be, yes, but not stupid- Hermione was a good cook, possibly the best cook the Carnivine knew of. She was probably the only Bug-type worth more to him alive than dead. "She usually has enough to work with, even when we stored that Bouffalant carcass in there. Heh, remember that day?" he added with a grin.

"Ohhh, you bet," Marvolo grinned, recalling with great pleasure the day he, Fang, Gold, and Pisces had managed to hunt down and kill a wild Bouffalant. They feasted like royalty on the corpse then and there, but there was still plenty of leftovers, enough to hold over every predator on the team for a week. Marvolo even had Batrach deliver some of the better quality Bouffalant meat to his girlfriend, Amethyst. And then, he snapped out of it. "But as I was saying, Keith's birthday is coming up," he explained. "Hermione's planning to make a big birthday cake for him in a couple of days, and she wants to make sure she has enough space in the fridge to store it."

"So, what? We don't go after them?" demanded Fang.

"Not right now," Marvolo responded. "If we see them again when we're not so full, then maybe, but for now, we leave them be."

"Alright, fine," sighed Fang. "I- and they're coming this way," he added. Marvolo turned to look- sure enough, the Ponyta and the Blitzle were approaching them, the former asking about where they could find water, and the latter looking rather wary.

"Water?" repeated Marvolo. "The lake's not far from here, over that way," he said, pointing off in one direction with his tail blade. "It's good, clean water, too- Fang here and I had some ourselves to wash down our lunch." Now, everything Marvolo had said to them was perfectly true- the lake was right where he said it would be, the water was good, clean, and refreshing, and it was indeed how he and Fang washed down their big Bug-type lunch. That said, however, Marvolo was no fool- one thing he neglected to mention about the lake was the presence of a Blue-Striped Basculin who, unlike the Seviper and Carnivine, had not yet eaten lunch.

10. DaveTheFishGuy

Blog Posts:
    Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis, Meowth:
    Electricity sparked along Mustrum's body as Toby agreed to a sparring session. "Great, thanks a lot!" he replied. His species was renowned for its lack of offensive options, but he'd do what he could - a Tackle was his best option against a Grass-type such as Toby, and a Thunder Wave would make him an easier target for a second Tackle. "I've got a good feeling about this too." he added. With the right push, he might just be able to surpass his current limits...

Meanwhile, Pomona had dashed off before returning with another Pokémon, a Meowth, who apparently had experience judging battles. As everything became finalised, the Tynamo and his opponent drifted away from the others, while Gytha floated upward to land near the other Grass-types and the Meowth. "Thanks for doing this." she said to the feline, "I know this means a lot to Mustrum, and it does to me too." the Skiploom added, settling down to watch her charge try to better himself.

Salazar, Conina, Darktan, Gold:
    As the trio started off toward the Mother Tree, Conina glanced up at her evolved kin with a pitying expression. "Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, Salazar." she replied. "I actually learned Twineedle for my own birthday, along with Solar Beam. It sucks that you had to miss your presents, I bet you'd look awesome firing a Dragon Pulse." she said, attempting to be consoling, drawing a worried glance from Darktan. Conina wasn't known for being especially warm or nice, obviously the grey Scolipede had earned her respect. Probably by being an evolved form of herself.

They marched on, with Conina curling up to roll when they reached any downhill sections. This almost got them into trouble, with Salazar having to stop her from blundering into a web spun by an Ariados teammate of his, and causing Darktan to roll his eyes. Without further incident, they arrived at the base of the vast trunk of the Mother Tree. "Whoa," breathed Conina, "It really is massive."

"It sure is." Darktan replied, looking up at the jumble of branches that stretched right to the top of the tree. Before they could explore further, their attention was grabbed by a large Pokémon at the base. A large Pokémon with teeth. Darktan tensed upon sight of the Feraligatr, but relaxed when it became obvious that he and Salazar knew each other, the Scolipede introducing them. "Nice to meet you." he added, before the topic turned to the troublesome Carnivine responsible for his evolution, Gold vouching that Fang was alright once he was full. Darktan stopped himself from making a derogatory comment about carnivores - not wise in present company. "Yeah, it feels pretty good to be honest. It's nice not to be in fear of your life every few minutes." he chuckled dryly.

Conina shot the Raticate a glare, being the smallest one of the group, if not exactly edible. "It's a shame our trainer isn't here, he'd love to meet you, Gold. He's been desperate to find a Totodile for months, though as I understand it your species isn't exactly easy to come across." she mused. "Obviously your trainer and he share some taste in Pokémon. Salazar and I are proof of that." With that, she turned to the tree, looking up the huge trunk before glancing at her teammate. "...I'm gonna climb it." she declared, marching up to the base and rearing up, sticking her stubby legs into grooves in the bark. With surprising speed, she started to crawl up the trunk, easily finding footholds in the cracked wood.

The Raticate sighed. "I'll give you a headstart, but I'll come checking on you soon!" he called after her. Conina didn't reply. At that, he turned back to the other two Pokémon. "I swear, I don't get what goes through that girl's mind sometimes..."

Gemini, Nagini, Norbert, Godric, James, Lily, Six, Rune, Rincewind, Rhys, Osage, Lumiere:
    Up on the cliff, things were just about wrapped up, with the four Pokémon systematically eliminating the Fearow with their attacks. As the last one slumped to the ground below, Rhys let himself relax, panting slightly before flashing a grin at the other Pokémon. "Well, I think we did alright there." he hissed, his shaded gaze lingering on Nagini for perhaps a moment too long before turning to the other two. "That was a nice Dark Pulse, Lumiere. I should learn that move sometime." he said, complimenting the young Litwick. "And it's Rhys, by the way." he added with a grin.

On the ground, the Fearow were almost defeated too, Rincewind's toothy visage grinning as his Rock Slide steamrolled through the flock. Upon receiving some praise from Godric, he smiled bashfully as Six introduced him to the Nidorino. "Good to meet you too." he replied, standing by for more instructions. As Godric began to relay them, Lily was called away to the top of the cliff, but the commanding Poison-type seemed to think that the two smaller Pokémon could handle the rest of the Fearow by themselves. "Alright, let's do it, Six!" Rincewind enthused, rearing up to stomp the ground once more. Slabs of stone burst upward, hanging in the air before being thrown forward, the Rock Slide heading straight for the remnants of the Fearow flock.

Having been entertained by the spontaneous evolution of the Exeggcute and the logistics problems this raised, Rhys watched as Lily flew over before Teleporting herself and the Exeggutor away. As Gemini and Rune left with the rest of the babies, Nagini began to burrow into the rock again, suggesting they rejoin the others. "No worries, right behind you." the Sandile replied, hopping into the hole behind the Arbok on their way back down.

11. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis, Meowth: The battle got underway! Toby started things off by glowing with energy, seeming to grow in size a bit, the Growth attack increasing his Attack and Special Attack. Mustrum, meanwhile, took a more direct approach with his first move (though admittedly he didn't have a whole lot in the way of options in that regard), and Tackled the Turtwig with great force. The attack hit relatively hard, maybe even a little harder than Toby had been expecting. Well, he had no intention of making it any easier on the Tynamo, and went into his next move, this time choosing to Stockpile some power, which had the added effect of boosting his defenses. But Mustrum didn't go in for another Tackle, no, not yet- now he decided to strategize a bit, casting a Thunder Wave this time. The electromagnetic assault paralyzed Toby, which was sure to hamper his mobility for a while. And indeed, as Toby struggled to attack through the paralysis, he was moving a lot slower now, something Mustrum capitalized on by going in for another Tackle. Thanks to Stockpile, Toby was better equipped to take the attack- or at least he would have been, except Mustrum lucked out this time- the Tackle struck a weak spot, it was a critical hit! Deciding the time had come to actually attack, Toby retaliated with a powerful Razor Leaf attack, the sharp-edged leaves hitting hard- harder than an attack of that sort would ordinarily do, in fact. As was not uncommon for moves of that nature, Toby's Razor Leaf had also managed a critical hit.

The two combatants, in terms of health and energy, were pretty damn close to evenly matched thus far. Toby may have managed to get in some helpful stat boosts, but the paralysis wasn't gonna do him any favors. Pomona and Dennis didn't care about all that technical stuff, though- they were just happy to be watching what promised to be a good battle.

[​IMG]
    Health: 85%
    Energy: 87%
    Stats: +1 Attack; +1 Defense; +1 Special Attack; +1 Special Defense

[​IMG]
    Health: 84%
    Energy: 90%
    Stats: Not altered

(OOC: I'm not all that experienced with reffing, so please bear with me)

Salazar, Conina, Darktan, Gold: Conina took pity on Salazar for not having learned Dragon Pulse before it became too late to do so, claiming that he'd probably look awesome firing off a Dragon Pulse. "Thanks," Salazar grinned. "Keith thinks the same thing, too- I had run the idea past him before he had to leave me with a babysitter, and he wholeheartedly agreed. Of course, I had to get his Dusclops- a Duskull back then- to translate for me- Keith doesn't speak our language, of course, but a lot of my teammates can speak human language. His Dusclops, his Shuppet and Banette, his Meowth, his Numel, and his Haunter. Oh, and his Swoobat and Weezing can communicate with him telepathically."

Once they arrived at the tree and started talking to Gold, Darktan admitted that having evolved felt good, resisting the urge to make a derogatory comment about predators, considering who he'd be making it to. Of course, it takes a lot to seriously offend Gold, but the ever-cautious Raticate didn't know this, and decided to err on the side of caution. Instead, he remarked on how nice it felt to not have to fear for his life every few minutes, before Conina piped up, claiming that her and Darktan's Trainer would love to meet Gold- apparently, he really wanted a Totodile of his own. She then cited herself and Salazar as proof that their Trainers must share similar taste. "Clearly," agreed the Feraligatr. "And if your Trainer has any other Poison-types, it's likely he and Keith have even more Pokémon in common. Our Trainer, Keith, he's got almost every Poison-type there is. He's got a Weezing, an Arbok, a Crobat, a couple of Qwilfish, a Victreebel, lots of cool stuff. You shouldn't worry too much about any of them, though," he added to Darktan. "The Victreebel doesn't do too much actual hunting, though he's still a sucker for meat. And even when he does hunt, he only goes for wild Pokémon. The Crobat prefers her prey in the form of flying bugs, and even then, she don't feel right about going for Venomoth, considering our Venomoth is one of her oldest friends. And the Arbok, Nagini, you will actually want to meet her, she's probably one of the kindest and most gentle of her species. She knows how to hunt- in fact, she's the one taught me how- she just chooses not to. And of course, the Weezing and the Qwilfish, they're not predators in the first place."

At that point, Conina, after a few minutes of staring up into the huge Mother Tree, decided to climb it. Darktan called after her that he'd be checking on her soon, and got no reply. At that, he muttered about sometimes just not getting what went through her mind. "Well, if she's anything like me, she probably wants to get a feel of what being a Scolipede'll be like," Salazar suggested. "My kind happens to be the largest known species of Bug-type, and even as a Venipede, I knew this. I couldn't wait to evolve, so I was always climbing up trees and tall Pokémon, trying to get a feel for the kind of height I got now. Probably why Bagon are always throwing themselves off of cliffs, because they can't wait until they can fly," he added thoughtfully.

"I hear that," Gold nodded. "Couldn't wait to evolve, myself, even though I spent the past four years not evolving despite getting strong enough to do so."

"Sometimes level isn't enough," Salazar said. "Sometimes you just need that little extra push, like when your life's in danger," he added, with a nod to Darktan. "For me, I evolved into Whirlipede because it was necessary to save my girlfriend's life and nothing else I was trying was working."

Gemini, Nagini, Norbert, Godric, James, Lily, Six, Rune, Rincewind, Rhys, Osage, Lumiere: (gonna wait on Charm's reply before replying to this myself)

12. Gemini Spark

Blog Posts:
    Conis, Mia, Brittany, Vi, Molly: It was a short trip for the four friends to the Oran Berry patch, though it was a little awkward since they were all wary of the Mankey leading them, wondering if she would suddenly lose her temper for no reason again. As soon as they reached the patch, they all went to different areas to grab their own fruit, Conis and Brittany moving towards the bushes to grab the lower-hanging berries while Mia and Vi could fly or climb up the trees to get to the berries a Mareep or Spheal couldn't reach. "Thanks, Molly!" Conis bleated softly. "You were a great help, I think we were all hungry."

Toby, Zyra, Dennis, Pomona, Meowth, Mustrum, Gytha: While Toby was more than willing to do a little spar with a spunky Tynamo, finding someone to oversee the battle was the tricky part; neither the two Bulbasaur nor the Ivysaur were willing to do so, but Pomona soon got an idea and ran off. She quickly returned with a Meowth that could speak human language, and with him in the middle the battle could get underway. Apparently Mustrum had the same feeling Toby did, and he smiled at the idea, as if both he and the Tynamo knew what just might happen. His Growth and Stockpile attacks indeed gave him some very well-rounded statistic boosts, and his Razor Leaf had landed a crit, but even though a Tynamo's movepool was limited, this one was able to make it work with two Tackles and a Thunder Wave, the paralysis crippling him and making him more vulnerable to his second Tackle attack, making the battle very even overall. "Well... not bad... for being at... a lower... power level..." the Turtwig slowly muttered to himself. "I wonder..." He took another pause to smell the air around him and look at the sun. Suddenly...

"Hm?" Toby felt something well up inside him, and he knew exactly what it could be. I guess now's the time, huh? he thought to himself. I wonder why it didn't happen earlier... "Hmmmm, time... to make things... interesting..." he said aloud before he closed his eyes and his body began to glow. As he grew, his claws would become more visible, the shell on his back would grow over his head, and the sprig on his head would be lost in exchange for vegetation on his shell. The glowing stopped and revealed a tortoise twice his original size with two bushes, each about a foot tall, growing off of his yellow shell. "I figured something good would happen," the newly evolved Grotle stated, "and I was right! Though I think... well... we'll see." He was now ready to continue the battle, but there were a few issues he had to contend with. First, while an evolution certainly was spectacular for him, it didn't help him shake off the paralysis, so Mustrum's smaller, streamlined body would still be at a huge speed advantage. Second, evolution had given him a bigger body, meaning it would take some time to get used to, so movement of any kind would be extremely sluggish even without the paralysis against him. Thankfully, he could still rely on his Razor Leaves, perhaps with a bit more power attached to them now, and he didn't have to move much anyway, not if he could tank up and Reflect any damage coming his way. Then, should Mustrum be too close, he could always make him pay for his mistake by Absorbing some of his health and make it even harder for the Tynamo to take him down.

Meanwhile, Zyra witnessed Toby's evolution and squealed in delight. "Eeee, congratulations! Now show that cute fishy who's boss!" she cheered. Now that she was focused on the sparring match and not in her own little world, she looked at Pomona and Dennis, perhaps considering a little spar of her own...

13. uhhhhh

uhhhhh The Corner Star

Blog Posts:
    >six months since I last posted
    oh wow i'm a horrible person

Myrtle, Foster, Humphrey - As the entire group had scattered about the Tree Grove, Foster decided to go separately from the others and lounge by idly in a different area. While the Banette could not sleep due to his Insomnia ability, that didn't stop him to at least pretend to sleep, as he rested on nearby tree with his arms crossed. It was then that Myrtle approached him and greeted him. "You're... Myrtle? Ah it's you. It's been a while hasn't it..."

Helena, Jacques, Dionne - "GAAH!" the Gliscor cried out as an unfamiliar Shuppet appeared before him. He appeared to be quite shaky at first, but as he saw the Shuppet being relatively harmless and greeted him, he had calmed down slightly. (though still a bit jittery) "O-oh, uh... sorry if I scared you there. Um, I'm... Jacques. Hello..."the Gliscor greeted back in response.

Just then, a Whismur suddenly popped out of the bushes and as she saw the familiar Gliscor, quickly approached him. Judging by her familiarity of the Gliscor, it can easily be guessed that she is one of his teammates, "Oh J-jacques, have you seen Alanis and Jacob? I tried l..." her speech got quieter as she spoke until both Pokemon could hear anything at all from her. "Uh... Dionne? Can you, um..., speak louder? We can't hear what you're saying. What was it abo---" "OH!" the sudden outburst from the Whismur was deafening loud that Jacques cowered down and covered his ears in fright, "Gaaah! I'm sorry I'm sorry I didn't mean it I swear!" this time it was the Whismur's turn "Oh no, I did it again didn't I? I'm so..." once again, Dionne's words were barely heard. At this point though, she seems to have finally noticed the Shuppet with them and spoke to her... but nothing seems to be coming out.

Toby, Zyra, Dennis, Pomona, Meowth, Mustrum, Gytha, Iachima, Arondight: While a battle was taking place between Toby and Mustrum, no one had noticed that a Scraggy and a shiny Hitmontop had appeared in the scene, the two Fighting types intrigued by the battle. Neither of the two had said anything yet to the other spectators, too distracted by the fight themselves.

14. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    Myrtle, Foster, Humphrey: Foster recognized Myrtle as well, remarking that it's been a while. Myrtle nodded. "It has, yes," she agreed. "I think the last time I saw you, I was still calling my Trainer Idiot Meat Sack. As time went on, he proved to be slightly less of an idiot than I thought him to be," she admitted. "He helped me get my revenge on the piece of Zebstrika shit who killed me," she said with a grin, fondly remembering casting that deadly curse on the Missingno. hunter.

Helena, Joy, Jacques, Dionne: Elsewhere, Jacques was clearly startled by Helena's sudden appearance, and even once he calmed down, he still looked a bit jumpy. "Oh, I'm sorry..." Helena said quietly, visibly upset at having frightened the Gliscor- this was one of the things she hated about being a Ghost-type. The ability to use attacks, the ability to float in midair, the ability to understand what other Pokémon said, Helena loved all that. What she didn't like was the fact that, as a Ghost-type, her first impression on others tended to be frightening. "I didn't mean to scare you..." She started eating Jacques's feelings of unease, hoping to help him feel better (she'd acquired a taste for negative emotions over time, to Myrtle's satisfaction- a vast improvement over the fact that she initially didn't like the taste of them at all), as the Gliscor introduced himself as Jacques, and apologized in case he scared Helena. "It's OK," the Shuppet smiled. "Nice to meet you, Jacques."

At that point, a small pink Pokémon popped out of the bushes nearby- it was a Whismur, and judging by how familiar she seemed with Jacques, the two could only be teammates. However, as the Whismur, named Dionne, spoke, she got more and more quiet, until her words were outright inaudible. And then, when Jacques tried to get her to speak up, she gave a sudden and extremely loud exclamation. She then proceeded to apologize profusely, for the exclamation did not sit well with the Gliscor's ears. However, as she was going on, she once again spoke more and more quietly, until she seemed to be just mouthing words. Moreover, she noticed Helena around that point, and was trying to talk to her, but the Shuppet couldn't hear a single word being said to her. "Um... Dionne, I... I can't hear you," Helena said gently. "Could you please speak up, just a little bit?"

Before the Whismur could say anything (well, anything audible, anyway), another pink Pokémon arrived on the scene. "I can hear her," the Audino said, approaching the trio of Pokémon. "Maybe I can help?"

"Oh, hi, Joy!" smiled Helena. "Jacques, Dionne, this is Joy. Joy, this is Jacques and Dionne."

"Nice to meet you both," Joy said to the Gliscor and Whismur, before turning to face the latter. "So, Dionne, just keep on saying what you were saying, and if you get too quiet for the others to hear, I'll repeat it for you, OK? Don't worry about talking too quietly, my ears work really well," she smiled.

15. DaveTheFishGuy

Blog Posts:
    Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis, Meowth, Iachima, Arondight:
    Shaking off the hit from Toby's Razor Leaf, Mustrum's body flashed briefly as he took a breather, electricity coursing through his system. As he planned what to do next, he was distracted by his opponent starting to glow. "Huh? ...ohhh." he squeaked, watching as the Turtwig grew in size before the light faded, revealing a sturdy Grotle. "Ha, nice going Toby!" he cheered, before returning to the battle. That last Tackle hadn't felt as strong as the first one, Toby having clearly boosted his defences. In that case, he'd have to try ranged attacks... but his only one wouldn't do much damage to a Ground-type. Still, a trio of Charge Beams might still rack up enough of a boost to do appreciable damage...

Relaxing a little in conversation with the two larger Pokémon, Darktan kept casting a watchful glance in Conina's direction, the Venipede getting steadily higher. "Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if an adrenaline surge played a part in evolution. It would explain why so many Pokémon choose to evolve during a battle, that's for sure." he replied. "My trainer has a few Poison-types too, aside from Conina there. Including an Ekans, but he's actually alright assuming you're not small enough to be crushed in his coils." With that, he looked back toward the tree. "You alright up there, lass?"

"I'm good!" the Venipede replied, now a good 30 feet off the ground and still going. For some reason, she felt compelled to climb as high as possible, still trundling up the bark. Maybe she'd catch a breather on a branch in a moment, but for now she kept clambering upward.

Darktan nodded, returning to the other two creatures. "There's not that much to worry about on my team. Well, a few. There's a Glameow who does what he wants, but I think I'll be able to handle him now." he flashed his incisors with a grin. "And there's a Druddigon who is a bit of a handful, hopefully my trainer will get a handle on him soon. As long as you stay out of the water, you're fine, but if you take a dip then you'd better hope you're not on the Carvanha's bad side. Or the Huntail's. Or Chinchou's. Or Qwilfish's... There's a few aquatic troublemakers, is what I'm getting at."

16. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    Toby, Zyra, Dennis, Pomona, Meowth, Mustrum, Gytha, Iachima, Arondight: As the first round of the battle came to an end, the Turtwig and Tynamo eyed each other for a few moments. The action was tense, to the point where nobody had yet noticed that a Scraggy and a Hitmontop had arrived on the scene to watch the battle, in spite of aforementioned Hitmontop being Shiny. And then, Toby started glowing, and before anyone knew what was happening, the glow faded, revealing that the Turtwig had evolved! Meowth, speechless at this development, took a small red box from seemingly nowhere. Keith's Pokédex opened up and displayed a picture of Toby's new form on its screen.

"Grotle, the Grove Pokémon, and the evolved form of Turtwig," droned the device. "Grotle lives alongside rivers that run through forests, and is adept at locating sources of pure water. During the daytime, it will leave the forest to sunbathe its shell, which is made of hardened soil."

Though evolution didn't cure Toby of his paralysis, he could feel new power surging throughout his body nonetheless, as the evolution process restored his health and energy by 3% each. That said, between the paralysis, and not yet being used to his newer, heavier body, Toby decided against doing anything that would require him to move. Mustrum, however, decided to also stick with ranged attacks for the time being. The Tynamo built up an orb of electricity in front of his mouth, and then unleashed it all at once in a Charge Beam. The newly evolved Grotle took the hit bravely- it wasn't very effective, and Toby was even more protected through his use of Stockpile, though the fact that its type matched that of its user was a definite point in its favor. The residual electricity from the move even reacted with its user- Mustrum's Special Attack rose! Well, that might be helpful! But now it was Toby's turn to attack, and as he readied what was sure to be a powerful Razor Leaf... his whole body locked up at exactly the wrong moment, the paralysis rearing its ugly head.

Mustrum was starting to get back into the game here, and he didn't hesitate to press his advantage by letting fly a second Charge Beam, striking the paralyzed Grotle's shell. It was starting to become clear that the boost from its previous use combined with the fact that Mustrum was an Electric-type was starting to compensate for the poor type matchup and the Grotle's heightened Special Defense. Slowly but surely, the move seemed to be doing more damage- and what was more, the residual energy from the move reacted with the Tynamo just like it had last time- Mustrum's Special Attack rose! In response to this, Toby set up a Reflective wall of light. It wouldn't do him much use against Mustrum's next move, but at least his physical moves would be hindered by this.

After Toby's Reflect, Mustrum responded with a third Charge Beam, this one even more powerful than the last! Toby could not evade the blast of electricity, and took it head-on. This time, though, at the very least, Mustrum did not get a third boost to his Special Attack. The Grotle retaliated this time by unleashing glowing green tendrils of energy from the bushes on his shell which wrapped around the Tynamo and Absorbed some of his health away. This move put the combatants on more even footing in terms of health, though in the energy department, Mustrum was faring just a little bit better. Also, that paralysis was doing Toby no favors, having already stopped him from using his Razor Leaf attack, which would surely have proven useful against the Tynamo. It was still in full force right now, but was sure to wear off after some more time.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Health: 80%
    Energy: 80%
    Stats: +1 Attack; +1 Defense (essentially +3 due to Reflect); +1 Special Attack; +1 Special Defense

[​IMG]
    Health: 80%
    Energy: 84%
    Stats: +2 Special Attack

Salazar, Conina, Darktan, Gold: "Lot of Water-type troublemakers on your team, it sounds like," Gold observed. "Only one on my team is this Blue-Striped Basculin. She'll sometimes flop her way onto land to hunt, but if she can get good prey in the water, she most certainly will. She's a pretty skilled hunter. The other Water-types my Trainer has, they're OK- his two Qwilfish are perfectly friendly, same with the Tentacool, and the Wartortle- and me, of course," he finished with a grin. "Oh, and the Shiny Slowpoke's all right. He fishes for his prey, so you got nothing to worry about with him unless you go in the water and bite his tail."

"Yeah," nodded Salazar. "Honestly, I have a hard time picturing a Qwilfish being a troublesome Pokémon after growing up on Keith's team. He's got two Qwilfish, they're brother and sister, and they're probably some of the nicest Pokémon on the team. They're pretty competitive when it comes to battling, but they're nice. The older of the two, Hebenon, he's actually one of the strongest Pokémon on the team, and he's got a lot of attacks."

"And when he says a lot of attacks, he means a lot," Gold added. "I'm talking stuff you would never expect to see a Qwilfish use. Psywave, Fire Spin, Thunderbolt, Ice Punch, Bullet Seed, and Teleport, off the top of my head. Of course, I got a few unusual moves of my own," he added.

"Lucky," muttered Salazar, though he still grinned- he was a bit envious of the fact that Gold was able to learn some decidedly unusual moves for his species, but he wasn't about to hold a grudge for a stupid reason like that.

"Hey, so, Darktan, what about you?" Gold asked the Raticate. "What kind of moves you got to work with? Pretty sure Normal-types can learn a good variety of moves- our Trainer's Meowth can do stuff like Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Dream Eater, even Gunk Shot."

17. DaveTheFishGuy

Blog Posts:
    Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis, Meowth, Iachima, Arondight:
    Trying not to let Toby's evolution get the better of him, Mustrum found success with his trio of Charge Beams, two of them causing his special attacking power to rise as a result. To add to the luck, the paralysis he'd inflicted on the Grass-type caused one of his attacks to fail, leaving the two on pretty even footing as their sparring session raged on. The Tynamo contorted his jawless mouth into what passed for a grin. "This is a good fight, Toby." he squeaked, light and sparks flashing along his body. "I'm feeling super juiced up right now, I think this was just what I was... looking for..."

The glow within the EleFish's body suddenly started glowing, quickly enveloping the small creature entirely. Distorted with energy, the Electric-type quickly began to grow in both length and girth, his body becoming more cylindrical as he increased in size, soon stretching around six times the length he had before. A flat fin formed at his tail, with two more above and below his mouth. After a few moments, the light faded, revealing a similar yet very different creature. Its body was mostly a dark teal, while its underside was a creamy colour, along with the fins at its head and spots down its side. The caudal fin was red, as was the circular mouth which now housed a selection of sharp teeth, all pointed inward and ready to latch onto an unfortunate victim. The [​IMG] flexed his body a few times, now in a more advanced form, no longer subject to the limitations of the Tynamo species. If he had lips, he'd grin.

"Ahhh, that's it. Just the push I was looking for. Thanks, Toby." he hissed, twitching his tail in anticipation. "Now then, both of us have new bodies to try out. Shall we?" he asked, trying to work out a hole in his foe's defences. His stronger body could fuel a Headbutt against the Grotle, and his improved dentition could help him out with a Crunch attack. A Charge Beam after that wouldn't hurt either.

On the sidelines, Gytha beamed as she watched her charge grow before her eyes. She wanted to cheer for him, but didn't want to distract him from his sparring. Better to do it once it was over, but she was still immensely proud of him, and knew their trainer would be too.

{Congratulations! Your Mustrum evolved into Eelektrik!}

{Mustrum learned Headbutt!}

{Mustrum learned Crunch!}

"Well, when your trainer's a fisherman and has a goal to own most of the fish Pokémon around, you get used to it." replied Darktan. "Most of them are alright, the Remoraid, Relicanth, Mantyke, Horsea and pair of Goldeen are all pretty good, but the others... yeah. He's got a few other Water-types though, like a Wooper, Wailmer and Wingull, they're fine too." the Raticate clarified, before listening to the stories about the other Pokémon's Qwilfish teammate.

"Ah, I think I've heard of that Qwilfish. Something of a legend around Fizzytopia if I'm not mistaken." he replied, nodding. "I've no idea how he got to know all those attacks, but good for him. I just hope that my trainer's Qwilfish doesn't duplicate the success. He's... somewhat unhinged. Always trying to Poison people and Pokémon for some reason. The Carvanha keeps him in check, though." he explained.

As Conina continued to climb, now nearing 50 feet off the ground, Darktan thought about his own movepool. "It's true, Normal-types do tend to get access to a great range of attacks. My species in particular favours Dark attacks like Bite and Sucker Punch, but I've also learned Flame Wheel and Ice Beam - as you saw earlier, Salazar - along with Zen Headbutt. Not the greatest range, but hopefully one day I'll be able to learn attacks like Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball. Variety is the spice of life, after all. And doesn't hurt when it comes to exploiting the weaknesses of your opponent, either!" he chuckled, neglecting to check on his companion's progress as he talked to the other two Pokémon.

18. Gemini Spark

Blog Posts:
    Toby, Zyra, Dennis, Pomona, Meowth, Mustrum, Gytha, Iachima, Arondight: Even after Toby had evolved, Mustrum was still keeping up with him, and those Charge Beams may not be doing much damage now, but they could add up later on if he didn't do something about it. Oh, and then there's the fact Mustrum evolved into an Eelektrik, making him an even slipperier customer, one whose fangs could possibly break through the Grotle's hard shell if he put the effort into it... he suddenly hoped the EleFish remembered this was only a sparring match. I figured something else was going to happen in this match, Toby thought. This'll make things harder for me though... Mustrum then suggested they try out their new bodies. "Well, I'm... still not in... top shape," Toby muttered through his mouth that would lock up on him occasionally, "thanks to what you... did earlier, but I think... I'll try anyway..." Perhaps it was time to test his new Strength after all. After that, maybe he could just forget about everything, have a sudden bout of Amnesia... that could help him refocus! Then another try at a Razor Leaf attack, maybe the paralysis won't get in the way this time! As Zyra witnessed Mutsrum's evolution, she quickly decided that his new form was not nearly as cute as his older form. Well, Toby did warn her about that, after all... "Wah, so scary-looking! Go get him, Toby!" she said, continuing to cheer the Grotle on.

Brittany, Amelia, Vi, Conis: Meanwhile, the others were happily enjoying the large assortment of fruits that Molly had shown them, with Brittany and Conis eating the most and Vi and Mia only eating a few of them before they were stuffed. "Dang, you two are still eating?" Vi asked her friends on the ground. "Aren't you gonna get sick or something?"
    "Nope," Brittany barked up the tree. "I'm not feeling full at all!"
    "Neither am I," added Conis.
    "Maybe we have bigger tummies than yours?"
    "I guess... oh yeah, Mia and I were going to take some Berries to Toby and Zyra!" Vi called back down to Brittany and Conis. They figured it was only fair their teammates got a good share of these Berries too. "Wanna come along?"
    "Um, sure!" Conis replied before both she and Brittany ate one last Oran Berry each for the road. "Thanks Molly for- ...Molly?"
    "Mowwy?" Mia also called out the Mankey's name. Come to think of it, none of them had seen Molly ever since they were led to the Berries.
    "That's weird, she could've told us if she were going somewhere else," Vi mused. "Oh well, let's go show those two these Berries!" she said, leading her three teammates in the search to find their friends.

19. Missingno. Master

Blog Posts:
    Gytha, Mustrum, Toby, Zyra, Pomona, Dennis, Meowth, Iachima, Arondight: The fight continued, and following Toby's evolution into Grotle, Mustrum felt as though the time was right for him to allow his strength to manifest itself in a similar way. Sure enough, in a brilliant flash of energy, the Tynamo evolved into an Eelektrik! Now, Meowth pointed Keith's Pokédex at Mustrum.

"Eelektrik, the Elefish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tynamo," droned the device. "Eelektrik constricts its prey and paralyzes it with electricity generated from its spots. Once the prey is subdued, it chomps."

Two evolutions in one battle! It certainly was something, and Mustrum was looking a lot stronger than before, especially now as the evolution process restored his health and energy by 3% each. And with that, the battle continued- Mustrum made the first move, deciding on the spot to show off some of his new techniques, starting with upgrading from the basic Tackle to a more forceful Headbutt. It would've been a lot more powerful had Toby not had so much going for him in terms of Defense, of course, but it still did more than a Tackle would have done under the same circumstances. Toby, however, saw his opening and went for it, slamming Mustrum with great Strength while he was still in close. It was a powerful move in its own right, and Toby still had an increase to his Attack to consider, so the blow sent Mustrum flying. Between not being held back by paralysis and not flinching from the Headbutt, Toby's luck certainly seemed to be looking up from when the paralysis stopped him from using Razor Leaf!

Mustrum was reeling from Toby's Strength, but was far from out just yet. He flew in close again, this time Crunching down on Toby's shell with his new, sharp teeth. This time, it fared only a little bit better than the Headbutt, but that blow was still the final straw for Toby's Reflect, which shattered into useless shards of light and energy before vanishing altogether, cutting the damage from that Strength having been its last act. Toby, however, didn't seem to care. About the Reflect, or anything. In fact, he seemed to be actively trying to forget about anything, to develop a case of Amnesia. Of course, he didn't forget about the battle going on before him, but forgetting as much as he did, even just momentarily, helped him to sharpen his mind. Toby's Special Defense sharply rose!

Bad timing for Mustrum, though, for he decided that now was the time to switch back to his sole special attack. The Eelektrik fired off a bundled Beam of electrical Charge from his mouth, and in spite of Toby's preparations for special attacks, the move managed to strike a weak point for a critical hit, completely bypassing those Special Defense boosts! The attack had several after effects, too- first, the electricity lingering in Mustrum from the use of the move served to power him up even more. Mustrum's Special Attack rose! And second, Toby's paralysis had been slowly but steadily wearing off, and the jolt from the Charge Beam seemed to be just what was needed to shake it off completely! No longer paralyzed and ready to go, the Grotle prepared another Razor Leaf attack, and this time, there was nothing stopping him! And what was more, as the blade-like leaves sliced up the Electric-type, they managed to, as was so often the case, hit some weak spots for a critical hit. That, plus the Attack boost, and the move being the same type as the user, it all added up to major damage, leaving Mustrum reeling from the arboreal assault.

Toby had overcome his paralysis, but was no longer afforded the protection of Reflect. The critical hit Razor Leaf definitely turned things in the Grotle's favor. Still, though, it's not over until it's over, and the gap between the two combatants in terms of health was still not definitive. Things could still go either way.

[​IMG]
    Health: 61%
    Energy: 75%
    Stats: +1 Attack; +1 Defense; +1 Special Attack; +3 Special Defense

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Health: 47%
    Energy: 76%
    Stats: +3 Special Attack

Salazar, Conina, Darktan, Gold: Darktan explained that his Trainer was a fisherman, with the goal of owning every species of fish Pokémon in existence. "Yeah, Keith's like that with Poison-types," Gold nodded. "And even if he takes in some non-Poison-types, it's a safe bet that they'll be picking up some Poison moves. I got Poison Jab to work with, myself," he grinned. "His Shuppet and Banette can use Gunk Shot, his Hariyama knows Poison Jab, his Stunfisk knows Sludge Wave... lemme see, what else?"

"Batrach knows Toxic," Salazar spoke up. "His Tranquill," he added to Darktan. "And his Smeargle doesn't have any Poison moves to work with yet, but she's hoping to use her Sketch move to learn Sludge Wave at the earliest opportunity."

The subject then turned to Hebenon, Keith's male Qwilfish, at which point Darktan revealed that he had heard of him before, even going so far as to call Hebenon a Fizzytopian legend. "A legend?" repeated Gold. "I knew he wasn't unheard of, but still. Then again, come to think of it, Bill's Pokémon would sometimes talk about him, though I just figured that was because I've mentioned him to them."

As Conina continued climbing the tree, the subject turned to movepools. He mentioned his Bite and Sucker Punch attacks, and then cited Flame Wheel and Ice Beam as the ones that Salazar would know about- the Scolipede nodded, vividly remembering how the Raticate managed to drive Fang away.

"Pretty decent variety," grinned Gold. "Me, I got- well, I already mentioned Poison Jab- there's Energy Ball, Blizzard, Metal Claw, Shadow Claw- oh, and I got this cool move called Chocolate Magic, lets me attack with molten blasts of chocolate. I like to use it when I'm hunting, adds a nice taste to the prey. It's one of those moves just about anything could learn, though- even Hermione, Keith's Weedle, knows the move. Puts it to seriously good use, too- she's probably the best cook ever."

"No question," agreed Salazar.

Captain Stomach, Brittany, Amelia, Vi, Conis: Elsewhere, the group of female Pokémon looked around for Molly, who had inexplicably vanished, almost as though some higher power just... ran out of ideas for her or something, I dunno. When they couldn't find the Mankey anywhere, they decided to search for their friends instead, carrying large quantities of berries with them. However, as they were walking, a bunch of tall, brown Pokémon barred their way. Each one had a yellow ring on its stomach, and identical evil smirks on their faces. The tallest Ursaring of the bunch, obviously their leader, stepped forward.

"Alright, here's how it's gonna be," he growled. "You're either gonna put those berries down and back away slowly, or you're gonna have them taken from you by force. Trust me, we're fine with either way." At this, the other Ursaring chuckled stupidly. "Assuming you're all still conscious when we take the berries, it's your call whether you want to stay and watch us eat them."

Before Vi or the others could respond, however, a voice seemed to sound from the trees above. "Not on my watch!" And then, a large, purple, shapeless blob crashed down onto the leader of the Ursaring gang from above, pinning him in place with a Body Slam. The blob was wearing a red shirt and a matching mask, and as he turned to ensure that Hyrem's Pokémon were unharmed, they could see a light blue circle on the front of the shirt, bearing a dark blue S.

The hench-Ursaring exchanged terrified glances. "Th-th-that's Captain Stomach!" one of them stammered to his buddy in a terrified whisper. Even as the head Ursaring climbed back to his feet, he was met with the sight of his lackeys fleeing in every direction.

"GET BACK HERE, YOU COWARDS!" roared the Ursaring. "WE OUTNUMBER THIS THING SEVEN TO ONE!"

"That's where you're wrong," Captain Stomach asserted, sounding completely unafraid. Ursaring was still taller than any of the present Pokémon, but he only had a couple of inches over this mysterious masked superhero. "Captain Stomach's rule number one; you can never outnumber justice. Now leave these Pokémon alone, or deal with my Marvelous Mustache of Might!"

At this, the Ursaring chuckled. "Deal with your mustache?" he laughed. "You mean that thing on your face that looks like you forgot to finish your spaghetti?" By this point, the Ursaring was roaring with laughter. In response, Captain Stomach's mustache glowed with green energy, and it extended into two tendrils of pure energy. They coiled around the Ursaring, who now was not laughing as his energy was being sucked right out of him by the Giga Drain. Now he was putting what little energy he had left towards trying to break free from the Grass-type move.

"Captain Stomach's rule number two," hissed the superhero. "Captain Stomach never forgets to finish what he starts." Captain Stomach then turned around to look at the Pokémon he had spared from the Ursaring's wrath. "You four should keep going," he added to them. "I don't think this guy will be bothering you again. Nor will his henchmen- it seems that the mere knowledge that I'm onto them is sufficient to scare them off." As he spoke, he continued to drain Ursaring's energy.

20. Gemini Spark

Blog Posts:
    Zyra, Toby, Mustrum, Gytha, Dennis, Pomona, Meowth, Arondight, Iachima: Now that both Toby and Mustrum had evolved, it was time to put their bigger, stronger bodies to the test with Mustrum's Headbutt matching up against Toby's Strength. Surprisingly, Toby ended up winning that clash thanks to his temporarily increased stats and the fact that he was able to ignore paralysis and power through the Eelektrik's attack without flinching. Mustrum wasn't fazed, though, and he zipped back in the thick of things and was able to sink his fangs into Toby's shell. The Crunch attack didn't break the shell, but it did break the Reflect Toby had on him, meaning he was now more vulnerable to physical attacks. Toby predicted another Charge Beam coming, so he tried some Amnesia to defend himself from that, but even though he was right Mustrum's Charge Beam hit a weak spot and dealt him a good amount of damage, though that also served to free the Grotle from his paralysis! Now he could use a Razor Leaf attack without fear of it being interrupted, and the sharp foliage struck back for a critical hit of its own on Mustrum, giving Toby the overall edge in the match. Maybe he could beat someone of a higher level! "Hope you're ready now, here I come!" he called out to Mustrum before charging forward. It was time to go physical; after a Tackle, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb, he would hopefully prove that he could hit and be hit like the tank Hyrem was raising him to be.

Vi, Conis, Brittany, Amelia, Captain Stomach: The four girls figured their trek through the forest would be uneventful, but obviously one of the gods decided to mess with them a little as they ran into a large group of Ursaring who noticed all the Berries the Pokemon were carrying and figured it'd be easy for them to bully a few girls out of their Berries. Vi was the only one to still stay defiant and was about to say something demeaning about a bunch of brutes banding together to pick on a few girls when some cheesy superhero named Captain Stomach showed up and was able to fend off the leader. Personally, I think the whole thing was staged to get Pe- I mean, Captain Stomach some publicity, but if it was, none of the Pokemon caught on to it, though Vi had slight suspicions about it. "C'mon, let's go, girls," she urged her friends. "Looks like this weirdo can handle these clowns." Still with a lack of comprehension at what just happened, the other three followed Vi and exited the scene in order to move on and find Toby and Zyra.

Oh the wind carries my name
    From Stomach Island far away
    My nose leads me straight and true
    To delicious food!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.