• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The True Potential of Pokemon Legends becoming a series

I reckon the other 3 mythicals will be available somehow, and rather give Arceus with the rest they've created this whole new game to allow you to transfer him.
Considering Harbor Inn may date back to the time of the game, it would make sense that at least Darkrai would show up. Maybe Saymin too as a background to how Seabreak path was made. Don't know about Manaphy though. Like I don't know how it would fit in to the narrative.

And like I said in the other thread, it's possible that this is just a new Mythical distribution method. Especially for the older ones since they would probably want to save the Mystery Gifts for the newer mythicals instead of having the same event for old mons for the gazillith time.

Unova: The split of the Original Dragon into Reshiram and Zekrom and the creation of the region. THere's also the King from the Underwater Ruins being hinted to be N's ancestor.
Alternatively (and only Americans might get this):
1614381239953.png

Hm... There's a lot of legendaries and mythicals I want to see get more stories, but I don't necessarily know if that'd translate to a Legends game. It seems like the story is going to be on a pretty big scale, so much as I would like to see, say, stories of the Lake Guardians interacting with people on a more personal level, I wouldn't expect a Legends: Lake Guardians game.

My guess for feasible options are:
  • Celebi- You'd get these nice forests to explore, and you could get a variety of environments with Celebi's time powers!
  • Hoopa- We had all those rings in ORAS that didn't come to anything. Plus, like with Celebi, Hoopa's space powers would allow for a lot of environments.
  • Mixed in with some wishful thinking, but Necrozma, with an Ultra Space setting instead!

It's a main series game, but I think assuming it's the start of a new subseries is as presumptuous as it was with Let's Go. They're experimenting, not codifying.
But I want it........

I really do feel like the logo telegraphs that they're at least considering these could be a series, at least.
3f846bb2b7467380da76211dcf0e7d88bbd0fc87.gifv

The "Arceus" part of it is in a totally different font from the "Legends" part, but they could have easily written it all as "Legends of Arceus" in that style. And it's not like LGPE where it has a counterpart with a slight name change, either.

It's not a guarantee, of course, but I really feel like they made that choice to at least allow for the possibility, which gives me a lot of hope for it.

The "Arceus" part of it is in a totally different font from the "Legends" part, but they could have easily written it all as "Legends of Arceus" in that style. And it's not like LGPE where it has a counterpart with a slight name change, either.

It's not a guarantee, of course, but I really feel like they made that choice to at least allow for the possibility, which gives me a lot of hope for it.

Yeah, I did think about that. I don’t want to say it’s impossible, just that it’s early days and I suspect “leaving the possibility open” is about as much as they’ve thought about taking the idea further.

I do think a Legends game for Unova would be a brilliant way to introduce the Original Dragon (and would conveniently side-step the whole “do we remake BW or B2W2 or both or what?” issue). I’m all for speculating, too, but I think the idea that they’ll suddenly start doling out Legends game for each and every region is extremely unlikely. I think GF’s decisions about what games to make generally seem more situational.

Yeah, I did think about that. I don’t want to say it’s impossible, just that it’s early days and I suspect “leaving the possibility open” is about as much as they’ve thought about taking the idea further.

I do think a Legends game for Unova would be a brilliant way to introduce the Original Dragon (and would conveniently side-step the whole “do we remake BW or B2W2 or both or what?” issue). I’m all for speculating, too, but I think the idea that they’ll suddenly start doling out Legends game for each and every region is extremely unlikely. I think GF’s decisions about what games to make generally seem more situational.
Oh, yeah, I'm definitely with you on the idea of them for each region. (Especially since this is starting with Sinnoh, that seems as strong an indication as any that they don't intend to go through in order of original releases, and it would follow that they wouldn't try to get an entry for each game if that was the case) Which just makes me more optimistic lol, since, like you said, it'd be situational, and so it'd be an active desire to want to tell a specific story, which sounds very promising to me!

The title strongly implies they plan for this to be a new part of the main series. There’s no counterpart, so including both Legends and Arceus is redundant if this would be the only Legends game.

Pokémon Legends: Celebi
Pokémon Legends: Zygarde

But I personally will now not be satisfied until I get

Pokémon Legends: [name of the Original Dragon]

I think arceus is the perfect pokemon to begin a legends series. Its was the first pokemon ever. The creator of all the other pokemon. This games should explore all the pokemon that it created directly, like the lake trio and, of course, dialga, palkia and giratina. But thera are several gaps in the history of the pokemon universe, like whats exactly the connection betwen arceus and the unowns? From where mew came from? This game could explore the origins of many different mytical and legendary pokemon, and then, these legendaries and myticals could be explored in other Legends games.

I’m really happy with this title and would love if it became its own series. It’s a great way to expand the lore of the world, and an open world is something we’ve wanted for years. I would be down with wither Unova or Kalos getting a similar treatment - unova has some pretty interesting lore but Kalos feels so painfully incomplete to the point where the anime had to really step up to make up for it.

The ultra space possiblility sounds so good though. I really like UBs and the lore around them. Exploring alternate dimensions would also help this game feel fresh and new and allows for more creativity. Ultra space (and ultra megalopolis) felt rather underwhelming and could definitely use some expansion imo. Honestly I don’t mind what happens, just hope they explore their possibilities and take advantage of them.

It's been noticed before that a lot of games recently have a backstory taking place about 3,000 years ago-- the Kalos war, the sunken ruin in Unova, etc. It would be interesting if the Legends series are all prequels, if they end up being more-or-less contemporary with each other-- characters moving between the various regions in this part of the timeline the same way characters move between regions in the modern part of the timeline.

Definitely put me down for Legends: Kyurem (assuming the original dragon is a Kyurem form).

Kanto: The War
Johto: The period where the Tower is on fire and the three Legendary Dogs are born.
Hoenn: ???
Unova: The split of the Original Dragon into Reshiram and Zekrom and the creation of the region. THere's also the King from the Underwater Ruins being hinted to be N's ancestor.
Kalos: AZ's Great War, perhaps a 'sequel' based off of a 'what-if' scenario if Lysandre launched the weapon succesfully and the world began to evolve again.
Alola: ???
Galar: The period of the Darkest Day when Eternatus first falls onto the Earth and causes the Darkest Day and the moment Zacian and Zamazenta rise and become heroes.

These are all really interesting premises for new games ngl but like if it's just going to be all grass then... Even the town that we get to see looks so severely under designed.

Saw someone else come up with this idea as well, but it would be neat if Legends: Mew took place in a South American region instead of Kanto. Throw in a bunch of new regional variants and a small handful of entirely new monsters with a mix of old ones, I think you could do a new region for one of these.

An open world Hoenn, Pokemon Legends: Jirachi, ft. the Draconids lore would be so cool. Jirachi is a very often overlooked mythical that doesn't see much mention in any games, even it's native Hoenn games, but at the same time, the lore and history of the Draconids is way too good not to visit, so I think the game should explore both.

An open world Hoenn, Pokemon Legends: Jirachi, ft. the Draconids lore would be so cool. Jirachi is a very often overlooked mythical that doesn't see much mention in any games, even it's native Hoenn games, but at the same time, the lore and history of the Draconids is way too good not to visit, so I think the game should explore both.
Open world Hoenn sounds lovely. Underwater exploration would be incredible.

A Celebi game has the most potential since it would allow them to explore multiple eras not only in Johto, but also Kanto. I don't expect them to go wild with it, but past Johto and future Kanto would be reasonable enough. Mew could have a role, too.

Let's Go pretty much evolved into Legends, in terms of the catching focus and option of not battling wild Pokemon. Obviously, they couldn't pull this off in 2018, and LGPE were a safe experiment. The next generation will borrow ideas from Legends (SwSh took overworld Pokemon from LGPE), while retaining most of the traditional aspects (a multiplayer comes to mind). Then Legends 2 will innovate some more.

ike whats exactly the connection betwen arceus and the unowns?
If they don't touch upon that, I'll skip this game.

Last edited:
LGPE was more because Go was super popular and they wanted to ease the new fans in easy. It wasn't so much an experiment as it was just them trying to bring in fans of Go and cashing in on the Go craze. They also probably used it to test things that they cut from SM just to see if they worked in SWSH.

Legends is more for the old fans who have either been here from the beginning or at least Gen 4 and probably a full proof of concept for Gen 9.

If there's any sequels I wanna see, its one set in Kalos, set 3000 years in the past. I wanna see the war between Kalos and some other region. I wanna see the creation of the Ultimate Weapon. A sequel set in Unova would be a great way to show us the original dragon before Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem split.

If you think about it, most Pokemon games for every Nintendo system have been the same formula with a different paint job, and there's so many of them. 6 for GB/GBC, 5 for GBA, 9 for DS, and 6 or 7 for 3DS... While there are spinoffs for each system of varying mechanics and success, this seems to me to be Game Freak realizing that the repetition in their development choices is a method many main-series games in sprawling, house-hold name franchises in Nintendo don't play by. I think they are going for a Zelda spin in a larger way than just Sinnoh BOTW or Sinnoh Link's Awakening; they're going to think more like Zelda developers when it comes to their choices by offering a dynamic list of choices in tone and substance. while some people played OOT or LBW, others swear by MM - that kind of thing. Consolidation of console and handheld makes this a real option for them, more than it was in the past imo. (I'd compare this to GBA+GC to show the difference. GBA had no choice but to be the lighthearted hub for our main-series classics, but GF was interested in splitting their tone and storyline focus while playing with higher-quality hardware back then, too.) It would allow them to attract new players who like games that aren't Pokemon with un-Pokemon-like elements, keep old fans who are tired of this formula interested, and provide something for new-era fans to look at to prove they're truly worth dedicatedly following as a franchise. IDK.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom