• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The True Potential of Pokemon Legends becoming a series

A pokemon Legends: Celebi in wich we could travel both to the past and to the future would be very interesting. It would be nice to see what raikou/suicune/entei looked like before Ho-oh revived them. We saw their dog like shadows in pokemon generations, but I would like to catch one of them and be able to evolve to one of the legendary dogs.

It would also be interesting to see the civilization that built ruins of Alph and pre-historic pokemon. In real life, its likely that not all pre historic animal species left fossils. There are no Jotho fossils, but it doesnt mean that different kinds of pokemon didnt live there in the past.

The future could be interesting to see the regional forms become different species.

Something I want to discuss since I see this shared way too often online: why do future legends titles have to take place in the past? Why can't other Legends games occur in alternate dimensions, the future, etc. with the unifying theme surrounding a legendary Pokemon's lore? I just don't get why these games (if continued) have to be continued with one particular setting in mind.

Legend as a word is associated with a historical event, so it's not really surprising that people just assume we'll get stories set in the past (if the series continues, of course). That being said, I won't mind if GF decides to make it in another setting.

I mean, why not explore the environmental crisis that Rose was worried about and how it affected all living things and society at large? We've seen how pollution and human corruption has affected Pokemon forms and habitats, why not go all out and make a story off of that event and how the "legends" in Galar or whatever have changed to new meaning.
While it would be nice to see, this is one of those things that gives "too ambitious for GameFreak" vibes. Their plots are usually pretty simple in the context of the franchise, barring BW and to an extent SM.

While it would be nice to see, this is one of those things that gives "too ambitious for GameFreak" vibes. Their plots are usually pretty simple in the context of the franchise, barring BW and to an extent SM.
I definitely think it would be a lofty project for sure, but I really don't see why GameFreak shouldn't go for it. I think Legends is the perfect medium for that kind of experimentation.

Something I want to discuss since I see this shared way too often online: why do future legends titles have to take place in the past? Why can't other Legends games occur in alternate dimensions, the future, etc. with the unifying theme surrounding a legendary Pokemon's lore? I just don't get why these games (if continued) have to be continued with one particular setting in mind.
Basically as @Esiouqrut said, legend implies something historical. So it'd be hard to fit the "legends" theme with a game set in the future because you'd be even further from a legend than you would be in the present, and a legendary's backstory still takes place in the past.

If there was a legendary with any lore involving coming from the future, it could fit the theme as we would be exploring its origin, but being that we don't have one, historic contexts kinda make the most sense.

For now, I just really really hope they do Legends: Original Dragon and Legends: Celebi. I would LOVE to dive into the happenings of the original dragon and old Unova, and then later return to the Japanese-inspired regions with a time-traveling game set in Johto and Kanto.

With how many ties that the characters and Pokémon in Legends: Arceus have to both Johto and Unova, I could even see either possible future Legends game having plot or character ties to this Legends game, if they wanted.

A Legends Kyurem game would be awesome, and they don't necessarily have to make it take place during the war of the two brothers, it can take place in the aftermath instead where the region has been severely divided due to the lack of trust. I could go more in-depth about my story idea further if anyone wants. But your player character being the forgotten middle sibling of the two brothers is part of that story.

For now, I just really really hope they do Legends: Original Dragon and Legends: Celebi. I would LOVE to dive into the happenings of the original dragon and old Unova, and then later return to the Japanese-inspired regions with a time-traveling game set in Johto and Kanto.

With how many ties that the characters and Pokémon in Legends: Arceus have to both Johto and Unova, I could even see either possible future Legends game having plot or character ties to this Legends game, if they wanted.
The presence of
Ingo
could definitely hint at Unova being the next region they'd turn their gaze to. Maybe theme it aesthetically after the American colonial era.

Because it works best with the survivalist mechanics that they've set up.

I think they are only going to to Legends games for mythicals that have been harder to get, like Celebi, which was basically all only available through events. Another possibility is that they will always put legends games based on the game they are remaking at that point, like BW remakes and Legends Victini Legends Diancie when XY remakes come out.

I think it'd be awesome if we got a Legends game set in a past region that we've never explored before. Imagine if the setting of the game was somewhere entirely new, only to be later made playable in the future but in the modern day. That would be cool.

I think it'd be awesome if we got a Legends game set in a past region that we've never explored before. Imagine if the setting of the game was somewhere entirely new, only to be later made playable in the future but in the modern day. That would be cool.
That would be cool but too complex to make imo. Remember that Legends is considered by GF a new main line to release after the new gen games. The first Legends game took three years of development and most of the region and its lore existed already. Imagine how long it would take to create another region and another story with the new gameplay that this serie introduced.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom