• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The UGLIEST Pokemon sprites?

Spr_1g_068.png

COME AT ME BRO

Spr_2g_251.png
I actually dislike the Celebi sprite from Gold. It's eyes are weird, the coloring's too bright, and it seems kinda smashed together. That's just me, though.

Raichu sprites = nightmare fuel.

Spr_1b_026.png
Spr_1g_026.png
Spr_2g_026_s.png

Spr_1g_067.png

Spr_1g_031.png

Spr_1g_040.png

Spr_1g_062.png

Spr_1g_146.png

The attention to detail and perfectly accurate portrayals of pokemon obviously reached its apex in generation I. No other generation has been able to match it since.

Exeggutor was a real beauty in GenI

Spr_1b_103.png

w-w-w-wait a minuite is it a shiny or summin cos i knoe that exeggutor has a yellow face

AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT?

Sorry i know there werent any shinies then now

Last edited:
Spr_3r_074.png (sorry dont know how to format as picture...)
I think its alright to post gen III pokemon here... It wasent clear sorry.

Never the less, this is the worst gen III sprite. It looks like a human rock with an overbite...

Time for another thread bump!

This time, I have been testing out Pokemon Red for the heck of it, and in the process have been getting some interesting screencaps and coming up with captions for them as well, including criticism on the sprites...

219041_600.png

"What the heck is THAT thing?!"
(I actually said this as a 10-year-old, not realizing that was supposed to be Gastly.)

219379_600.png

Me: "Where's Nurse Joy?"
Lady: "I'm the generic nurse exclusive to these early games only."

219461_600.png

Other trainers' Ivysaur stand on all fours. Mine can stand on two legs!

219908_600.png

"Look, ma! That Machop is roadkill!"

220326_600.png

Yep, I nicknamed her Tubby due to the sprite :p

221246_600.png

"Hey look at this, a baldy!"

221600_600.png

"Does Celadon have two Pokemon centers?"

221921_600.png

Old Lady: "Pokemon? No, this is a hotel for people, we're full up. Won't have room for... another 20 minutes. You wait?"

221984_600.png

"Then why is there an invisible PC here? Is this a haunted hotel?"

223157_600.png

"Looks more like a Gniffok to me!"

223403_600.png

"Why is your Kangaskhan laughing at us?"

223837_600.png

*"You Sexy Thing" plays as Vileplume emerges from its Pokeball!*

224050_600.png

"OMG, THAT'S SCARY! Tubby, shock it right now!"

226023_600.png

Old Man: "Goodbye, cruel world!"
*jumps down and...*
226194_600.png

Everyone deserves a second chance!

226327_600.png

"Wild Pokemon coming!"
226768_600.png

"Why are these hanging out along the Cinnabar coast line?"

227279_600.png

"Yikes! I'd better notify Professor Oak about this strange new Pokemon!"
227536_600.png

"Why did I suddenly get tons of rare candies instead of a few?!"

228332_600.png

"Yuck! A pipe!"

Haha, an invisible PC. Is that really true? I should try that out next time. Probably the hotel is a modified Pokemon Centre or something, perhaps to save memory, and they forgot to do something about the PC. The floor and the rest is the same as a Pokemon Centre.

Haha, an invisible PC. Is that really true? I should try that out next time. Probably the hotel is a modified Pokemon Centre or something, perhaps to save memory, and they forgot to do something about the PC. The floor and the rest is the same as a Pokemon Centre.

That is most likely the reason. The invisible PC was removed in Yellow though, and the hotel also doesn't resemble a Pokemon Center in FireRed and LeafGreen (maybe the Centers got remodeled but not the hotel?)

And yes Gama, I did feature that hideous Red/Blue Golbat sprite, complete with a comment on it!

I'm willing to give Red/blue/green a break since they are a time when when pokemon was just starting out. I think their kind of cute in a "so ugly it's cute way". if any gen has ugly sprites it's gen 5.

I have to admit Mew seems to be hit or miss. It can look either cute or like a aborted fetus.

rbspr151.png
gbg151.gif

151.png

I HATE this sprite with all my heart!

These are the sprites I hate the most, with reasons why.

Spr_3r_070.png

I've always disliked this sprite when I first saw it. The position looks pretty bad.

Spr_4d_381.png

I love Latios with all of my heart, but that face... it looks like it is going to bite.

Spr_4h_026_m.png

Raichu's feet, tail and face look baised.

Spr_4h_249.png

Eww... I hate this one a lot. Those wings, the pose, it's nasty face... It is probably one of my least favourite sprites of all time. And the second frame of it's animation is no better. (The animation is bad, too.)

Spr_3r_384.png

This one looks terrifying. Look at it's eyes and mouth. They just intimidate me.

Spr_4p_493.png

I loved it's standing pose in Diamond/Pearl. But it's Platinum sprite looks dang ugly. That horse-like pose is awful.

PinRS376.png

I see this sprite a lot on fan made trainer cards, but I could not see it's good points. I never liked Metagross' pose in this one...

Now if only this thread allowed Black/White sprites. Because there is this one sprite I absolutely detest.

These are the sprites I hate the most, with reasons why.

Spr_3r_070.png

I've always disliked this sprite when I first saw it. The position looks pretty bad.

Spr_4d_381.png

I love Latios with all of my heart, but that face... it looks like it is going to bite.

Spr_4h_026_m.png

Raichu's feet, tail and face look baised.

Spr_4h_249.png

Eww... I hate this one a lot. Those wings, the pose, it's nasty face... It is probably one of my least favourite sprites of all time. And the second frame of it's animation is no better. (The animation is bad, too.)

Spr_3r_384.png

This one looks terrifying. Look at it's eyes and mouth. They just intimidate me.

Spr_4p_493.png

I loved it's standing pose in Diamond/Pearl. But it's Platinum sprite looks dang ugly. That horse-like pose is awful.

PinRS376.png

I see this sprite a lot on fan made trainer cards, but I could not see it's good points. I never liked Metagross' pose in this one...

Now if only this thread allowed Black/White sprites. Because there is this one sprite I absolutely detest.

You have a very odd taste in sprites... Because I like all of them. The only ones I could even say could be better are

-Rayquaza

Yeah...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom