• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The (Un)official Nickname My Pokémon Thread

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• No I never nickname them!

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • I nickname a few of them.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Only ones i know i will use on my team/train.

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • If i can think of a cool nickname for it I will nick name it!

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • YES I GOTTA NAME `EM ALL!

Votes: 68 30.4%

• Total voters
I need a nickname for my Toxicroak(F), Mismagius(M) & Feraligatr (M). I'm hoping for something inspired by a trait based on these pokemons' appearance. Like a wizard's name for Mismagius (Not from Harry Potter please). Thank you!! ^,^

How about Tiana for your Toxicroak? From ''Princess and the Frog
Zauberer for your Mismagius? roughly means sorcerer in german
Leviathan for your Feraligatr? big watery beast

I'd like a nickname for my soon-to-be-level-100 Volcarona. Male, but I accept feminine names as well since it is such a beautiful Pokemon.

Also, a nicknsme for my female Beheeyem please?

I'd like a nickname for my soon-to-be-level-100 Volcarona. Male, but I accept feminine names as well since it is such a beautiful Pokemon.

Also, a nicknsme for my female Beheeyem please?

Helios/Apollo for Volcarona, or if you like a female name, how about Amaterasu/Corona/Blaise?

Female Beheeyem could go with Callisto/Jupiter/Galaxia/Estella/Astrid/Venus IMO.

I need a nickname for my Toxicroak(F), Mismagius(M) & Feraligatr (M). I'm hoping for something inspired by a trait based on these pokemons' appearance. Like a wizard's name for Mismagius (Not from Harry Potter please). Thank you!! ^,^

I like the Leviathan & Zauberer. Thanks!
I kind of want an assassin-ish name for my Toxicroak though.

I like the Leviathan & Zauberer. Thanks!
I kind of want an assassin-ish name for my Toxicroak though.

How about Stiletto? Or Venenosa (female form of ''poisonous'' in Brazilian Portuguese)

I need help naming my Lanturn. It's male, rash natured, and capable of taking hits, and has Volt Absorb. I usually don't have such a hard time naming my 'mon.

I need help naming my Lanturn. It's male, rash natured, and capable of taking hits, and has Volt Absorb. I usually don't have such a hard time naming my 'mon.

How about Lumen? That's latin for "glow." If you don't like that, then I don't really have any other ideas, sorry. :/

I need some names for a Togekiss, Bibarel, Girafarig, and Porygon-Z for a Normal-type monotype team. I'd like gender-neutral names, please, or otherwise give me names of both genders.

@Quaggington; and @GatoRage; Thanks for the ideas. Lumen sounds good, yet so does Tesla...

I'll just merge the two together. :p

As for your mon, Quag... Zephyr (associated with winds) for Togekiss, and either Escher or Python (programming languages) for Porygon-Z are what I can think of right now.

Thanks for the ideas. Lumen sounds good, yet so does Tesla...

Why thank you. Always willing to help. :)

As for your mon, Quag... Zephyr (associated with winds) for Togekiss, and either Escher or Python (programming languages) for Porygon-Z are what I can think of right now.

Zephyr sounds great for Togekiss! And I think Escher could really work for Porygon-Z, too. Thanks for your contributions!

Okay, I am not sure if this the entirely wrong thread for this but I have a tough one.

I have recently started a new game in X and plan to run through the game with only Type-Moon named Pokemon.
(For those who don't know, Type-Moon is the parent company of certain anime such as Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and Fate/Zero.

My character's name is Arcueid (Tsukihime), and my starter is a Frokie named Shiki(also Tsuki, dem glasses ;)). I know when I get Mewtwo I am naming it NrvnqsrChaos(They seem to both have the same attitude to me. XD).

Other than these three, I have run out of ideas. :( I know that there might not be many Type-Moon fans in Pokemon, but I would absolutely LOVE anyone who can think of other Pokemon who could fit any T-M character name.

Edit: My apologies, Fate/Extra is a PSP game. I corrected it. :p

Last edited:
I named mine Smaug after the dragon from The Hobbit. Alternatively, name it after one of the named dragons from Skyrim :p
I was thinking Smaug, too! :eek:... Would work 100x better if he was shiny though. Imagine that.

Haven't played skyrim surprisingly enough but I'll check out some of the names. Thanks bro.

I'm doing a run of Y in which I'm naming my Pokémon after DC superheroes. It's a Nuzlocke, and I just caught a male Bunnelby. Any ideas?

I need a nickname for my Salamance. It has been on my team for a very long time now and I still have no idea how the nickname it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom