• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The (Un)official Nickname My Pokémon Thread

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• No I never nickname them!

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • I nickname a few of them.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Only ones i know i will use on my team/train.

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • If i can think of a cool nickname for it I will nick name it!

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • YES I GOTTA NAME `EM ALL!

Votes: 68 30.4%

• Total voters
Re: Do you nickname your pokemon?

All my Nuzlockes, obviously. Only a few, like Kirlio the Kirlia.

Yes. All of them that aren't legendaries, really.

Some of my highlights: "Sir Axalot" -- my old quagsire, "Baa Humbug" -- my old ampharos, "Tatatail" -- my raticate, "Lamp Rei" -- my lanturn, "Craniatres" -- my dodrio, "Sea Son" -- my horsea, "Altarego" -- my swablu, "Base Cleff" -- my cleffa, "ShayKabuti" -- my kabuto, "Beetlemup" -- my heracross, "Kelsey Yum" -- my miltank, "Ace of Clubs" -- my seel, "Raffi" -- my oddish, "Redrum" -- the shiny gyarados, "Tung Stan" -- likitung, "Cawdad" -- murkrow, "Pwny" -- ponyta, "Chupicabra" -- pichu, "Ice Scream" -- Jynx (ever heard it's fainting cry? You'll get this one), "QueenToB-3" -- vespiquen, "Nite Geist" -- misdreavus, "Fungadelic" -- shroomish, "Hamiruton" -- lapras, "JustnBeavr" -- bidoof, "Cham-wow" -- meditite-to-be-evolved, and the piece de resistance: my pineco, "Piness".

I nearly named my Mewtwo "Psy Young" but decided against it.

I always nickname them. It bugs me to see them in the boxes with the all-caps species name. Unless I'm getting them just for Baoba and his dumb "tests" they're getting names.

In HG, I nicknamed all of my pokemon after food. :D

Yeah, I nickname all of them. Sometimes it's relevant to the actual pokemon, most of the time it's whatever I think of at the time. Lot's of the time it's rather generic, like Mary or something.

I don't nickname my Pokemon (primarily because I can't come up with good nicknames).

I used to not give the Pokemon nicknames since evolutions could ruin whatever name they would probably become in the future. However, since Diamond, I started doing nicknames just for the fun of it, and the names are based on either the final evolutions or the whole of the evolution stages of that Pokemon.

I do nickname some of my Pokemon that I know will end up in my main battle/exploring party. I usually nickname them at the Name Rater, since usually it just takes a long time to think up nicknames, and I am not very creative at it.

I usually just nickname the ones I'm putting on my team. But HM Slaves too.

I usually just nickname the ones I'm putting on my team. But HM Slaves too.

i mosty do that with my hm slaves and breeding slave(my diddo).

i just name them slave

nickname the ones that i will, or at least plan to use on my team
course, due to nuzlocke, i'm naming them all

I like giving witty names to my Pokemon. It gives them a more personal feel. For example, my Swampert is Skippy, and one of my Torkoals is named Brimstone.

I also name them after things relating to their type. My Cresselia, for example, is named Luna.

In one case, I just gave my Beldum (later Metagross) a robotic name, R-206.

I don't usually nickname my pokemon. Only if I'm planning on trading them (then I name them "Trade") or if they hold a special place in my heart. Sometimes I nickname just for laughs. For instance, my Entei in SS is named Mr. Creepy.

It really bothers me that all of the pokemon's names are in ALL CAPITALS, so I usually just rename em with lowercase letters. Ex: PIKACHU nicknamed: Pikachu

I always nickname my pokémon. No exceptions. It might take me a moment to think of one, but it's worth it in the end. :3

Never have, never will- in Red and Blue, the PC boxes only listed the names of the pokes in the box, so if you nicknamed it and couldn't remember who was who you had to select each pokemon individually just to find out what the heck it was. That got annoying pretty quickly, so I never thought nicknaming them was worth it. It also helped that none of the anime's main characters used nicknames. Now that I'm in the habit of not naming them I don't really see a reason to start.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom