• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The (Un)official Nickname My Pokémon Thread

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• No I never nickname them!

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • I nickname a few of them.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Only ones i know i will use on my team/train.

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • If i can think of a cool nickname for it I will nick name it!

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • YES I GOTTA NAME `EM ALL!

Votes: 68 30.4%

• Total voters
Re: Do you nickname your pokemon?

Oh, yeah, for a few runs I would nickname all of my pokemon after friends and people I knew ^_^. A lot of my other friends did this too. Actually, this spring semester, my friend had a Gallade named after one friend, a Feraligator after another, and an Eevee named after me :D

I name all my pokemon. That way, when I have many of the same pokemon, I can identify them from each other.

When I got my first Pokemon game, uh... 2-3 years ago, I nicknamed my first few. Then, I got bored with it.

I always give my pokemon cute little nicknames! I named my mareep Verifluffi and changed it to Mr. Amphy when it evolved into an Ampharos c:

Mostly the cute ones and I nickname legends some good names

I only do when I'm playing a "joke-over".
Basically when I start over a file on like Ruby or Gold but to play as nonchalant & dumb as possible. Like having a Koffing named Fart. Or catching 15 Magikarp.

I always nickname my competitive Pokes whenever I can. In-game, I may or may not; it depends.

I haven't nicknamed Pokemon since the days of Red/Blue and early Gold/Silver.

Only recently did I begin to nickname Pokemon again, and even then, only a select few.

My Venusaur's named Green, Charizard is Red, Blastoise is Blue, Meganium is Crystal, Typhlosion is Gold and Feraligatr is Silver. That's it. I haven't and probably won't nickname any other Pokemon. (I'd nickname the other Starters though, but they come from my RSE and Pt games, so they count as traded and thus I can't)

I used to nickname every single Pokemon I caught, but it became too much of a hassle remembering who's named what and weather or not I had already used a name before. Now, I only nickname Pokemon that I know I'm going to use in my party throughout the game's story, Pokemon that I plan on or already have EV trained, Shiny Pokemon that I intend to keep for myself and not trade, and Legendaries.

I didn't for a while, but now I name all of them.
These are all my nicknamed guys:

Artemis: Ariados
El Nachos: Cacturne (Lol)
Vlad: Golbat
Olga: Jynx
Adam: Volbeat
Dusty: Dustox
Dove: Pidgeotto
Krake: Gyrados
Buddha: Whishcash
Vulcan: Camerupt
Mark: Magcargo
Will: Alakazam
Phan: Donphan
Caesar: Fearow
Grim: Scyther
Rusty: Mime Jr.
Hades: Spiritomb
Blaze: Infernape
Mac: Porygon Z
Minime: Togekiss

Nope, other than luvdisc i have never nicknamed any of my pokemon.

Only my main party, and i got one thing every fire-pokémon I name "Flamon" for some reason

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

I nickname my ev trained pokes, which I only have 3 of. Otherwise, only a few of my pokes are nicknamed, like my extremespeed dragonite= speednite, and jynx= zynx.

I never did before but lately I've been giving nicknames to the Pokemon I use the most or those who are special to me in some way. I find it particularly helpful when breeding as I can then distinguish the bred Pokemon I plan on trading from the ones I plan on raising myself.

Personally, I nickname every pokemon I have with the exception of Legendaries. To me, it makes them more unique and special.

Wingdings- Mantine
Oni Giri- Red Gyarados
Phanados- Donphan
Kai- Growlithe
MJ- Murkrow

I have too many to list. XP

My pokemon Red team was all named after famous guitarists
-Exeggutor named Duane (Allman)
-Cloyster named Jimi (Hendrix)
-Blastoise named B.B. (King)
-Jolteon named Jimmy (Page)
-Lapras named Eric (Clapton)
-Dodrio named Keith (Richards)

now I don't nickname them anymore unless I know I'm going to be trading them to a good friend, in which I nickname them something stupid like H(illary)Rodham (a Jynx)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom