• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The (Un)official Nickname My Pokémon Thread

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• No I never nickname them!

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • I nickname a few of them.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Only ones i know i will use on my team/train.

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • If i can think of a cool nickname for it I will nick name it!

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • YES I GOTTA NAME `EM ALL!

Votes: 68 30.4%

• Total voters
Re: Do you nickname your pokemon?

Hardly ever. Though I named my paras Paras Hilton. I love him. <3

I nicknamed my Blastoise: Bowser! All he needs is the spikes on the shell though...

I nicknamed my Venasaur: Dino Flower! Since its half dinosaur and half plant

I nicknamed my Charizard: Charlie B. (stands for Charlie Brown from Peanuts)

Typlosion: Charles Cuz lol! They're both killers and both relatives being from original pokemon games

Feraligatr: Croc because the first form reminds me of Croc from the Croc game series

Meganium: BD's Sis because both Venasaur and Meganium look like siblings

I always thouhgt of the Kanto and Johto starters as relatives

I NEVER KNEW SHE WAS A MAN???
SEX CHANGE. She couldn't find a man in her life so she decided to be the man. Now she he's an HM Mule.

Last edited:

I nickname all my pokes, that I really care about. Like playthrough pokes. If I'm just going to be using a poke for chain breeding or something, then I don't bother.

But... I nicknamed my Eeveelutions, after a breeding project.

Here, here, look!

Lupi the Flareon
Stryder the Jolteon
Juice the Vaporeon (Now with extra WISH)
Vulpi the Espeon
Lustless the Umbreon (Got him Curse, only to realize I'm missing Payback.)
Synthe the Leafeon
Angel the Glaceon

I love coming up with clever nicknames.

Matter of fact, I plan on breeding soon for a Mawile, and a Zangoose, for my NU team. I'll name them Candy and Kitcaliber, respectively. I also have to use Ragamuffin on something, but I'm not sure what...

I nickname all my pokes, that I really care about. Like playthrough pokes. If I'm just going to be using a poke for chain breeding or something, then I don't bother.

But... I nicknamed my Eeveelutions, after a breeding project.

Here, here, look!

Lupi the Flareon
Stryder the Jolteon
Juice the Vaporeon (Now with extra WISH)
Vulpi the Espeon
Lustless the Umbreon (Got him Curse, only to realize I'm missing Payback.)
Synthe the Leafeon
Angel the Glaceon

I love coming up with clever nicknames.

Matter of fact, I plan on breeding soon for a Mawile, and a Zangoose, for my NU team. I'll name them Candy and Kitcaliber, respectively. I also have to use Ragamuffin on something, but I'm not sure what...

damn you think of good names the best iv got is muddy(swampart) dracoqueen(female dragonite) and lots more like thoses

I only nickname the ones I use on my in game team, trained team, and favourites I like to walk around with or use for breeding frequently.

yeah i name some of my pokemon like i have a shiny shuckle named bluboy and a machamp named puncho i also had an infernape named flamezaro

I nickname starters and about half of my pokes, not legendaries. My favorite nickname is my Infernape, Ape Flame

"Cham-wow" -- meditite-to-be-evolved

OMG Best nickname ever! I'm sorry, but I totally have to steal that!

I always nickname my pokemon (and I was so annoyed that pokewalker pokes can't be nicknamed unless you take them to the rater). The time I don't nick them is if I'm mass breeding for IVs or something, because I wind up releasing most of them until I get a good one, which I then nick.

Usually, no. However I did nickname my Yellow Jynx "Lil' Kim."

Well right now I'm SRing for shiny hatchling Johto starters

Chikorita: Yellow Bud

Cyndaquil: Pink Flames

Totodile: Blingdial!

Now that I think about it, never have. Never even considered it. I guess I like Pokémon names as they are, no matter how much i like/use them. But there's nothing wrong about it.

All the time!

I really hate having a Pokémon I can't name, because I feel a name adds your own uniqueness to the Pokémon, plus I just love naming things XD

Sometimes I just name them whatever pops into my head first, and sometimes I try and go with a theme. A lot of my early chained shinies have food related names, my legendaries are named after various letters in the greek alphabet, though since then I've moved onto things like gods/godesses or planets for naming legendaries.

I also tend to nickname Pokémon and put them onto the GTS for something easy for someone to trade for, just to spread the nicknaming love 8D

i nickname my Pokemon.Usually they are named regular names, like Empoleon that is named 'Corey'.I also name my Pokemon weird names like Yellow Bill(I named a stupid Psyduck that.)

Corey.Will.Kick.Your.A**.He.Is.Level.100.Muahahaha hahahahaha!!!!!

Molters's nickname is Moltres.I don't bother nicknaming Legendaries cause' their names ARE legendary.Cresselia is Cresselia,Giratina is Giratina,Suicune is Suicune,Lugia is Lugia,Mesprit is Mesprit,Uxie is Uxie, Azelf is Azelf and so on.....

P.S- the only way I will give you my Lugia is if you trade me any of the following Pokemon:
Shiny Pokemon(preferably legendary or starter),Any starter Pokemon of any region,Legendaries,Lv.100's, or the ones specifacly written below(I WOULD REALLY LIKE THAT):
Latias,Celebi,Jirachi,Shaymin,Arceus,Mudkip,Deoxys ,Phione,Manphy,Darkrai,Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza,Tor chic,Chikorita,Totodile,Wynaut,Feebas or Milotic,Whismur,Ho-Oh..... this message is getting too long...

Last edited by a moderator:

I like to nickname my first few pokemon after people that are important to me. Like on Sapphire, I named my Torchic after my then-boyfriend Kevin.
My first Starly in Pearl was named after my dad : )

-Yuna

I nickname my pokemon random stuff. In SoulSilver I was trying to go for a maths/computer/technology theme, but went 'Eff it' when I named my Snorlax Lard. I'm currently naming my eeveelutions after linux distributions, an Eevee called Ubuntu, a Flareon called Peppermint, a Vaporeon called Fedora, a Lefeon called Mint and a Glaceon called Aurora. I don;t know what to call my Espeon, Umbreon and Jolteon though.

My Lugia is called Yugi, although I'm thinking of changing it to Dannyl, to go with my Ho-oh is called Tayend. My Suicune is called Wes, and when I get Raikou and Entei, I'm calling them Silva and Cail repsectively.

In Platinum I haven't caught that many pokemon. My Infernape is called Hi-kun, my Staravia which I never use now is called Tori-chan, my Luxray is called Lux, my (MALE) Lucario is Lulu, my Steelix is Iron and my Crobat is called Zuzu. Giratina is so awesome it doesn't need a nickname.

Oooh, one other thing, my Bibarel is called HM Slave. Three guesses on what I use it for. The first two doesn't count.

I need help naming my quagsire, flygon, tangrowth, and glaceon. I havent caught them yet so they could be either gender

Lucario - Anubis
Aerodactyl - Petro
Torterra - Field
Electivire - Shockwave
Swampert - Tidal Wave
Gengar - Phantom

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom