1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hello, everyone. We've made a few edits to the rules effective immediately, so please re-read the rules thread. Thanks in advance.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey everyone, a new segment called Bulbacast Behind the Scenes just started. Watch the first episode here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Venting Thread

Discussion in 'Support and Advice' started by SoaringDylan, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 Underrated

Blog Posts:
    I’ve known plenty of people who can’t take huge amounts of sugar. There was a girl in school who got a sugar rush after eating an ice cream, which was much sweeter than average. She had to take some meds as well to get over her little “hangover”.

So don’t worry about that too much, @Incinerawr. Try to rest a bit more today and you’ll feel as good as refreshed tomorrow. ^^

Incinerawr likes this.
  2. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret VOTE FOR VERMIN SUPREME!

Blog Posts:
    Suicidal thoughts increased tenfold. Such a conundrum....

3. Kyriaki

Kyriaki The Future Hero of Alola

Blog Posts:
    I've been getting all sorts of stress from everywhere and I'm living life like a roller coaster. I wish I wouldn't have to worry so much about life.

Silverwynde and Kung Fu Ferret like this.
  4. ocelotlrama

ocelotlrama Fluffy

Blog Posts:
    I know I am sounding like a broken record on this, but those damn emergency alert tests are relentless and so much louder than the volume I have the TV at. If I have the volume at 30, it sounds like it was raised up to 60 or even 75. They're that loud. I HATE loud noises, and that grating screech is atrocious. Oh, I also get alerts from areas that are nowhere near where I live, like Dallas County and its surrounding counties.

What's funny is that when my city is faced with an actual emergency like a severe thunderstorm or tornado, the stupid thing is never used. Not even for the Amber alert system. My phone will give off the same tone for all these emergencies, but not the cable company that constantly tests their stupid system and never use it when it has to be used. Freaking stupid!

Silverwynde and Kung Fu Ferret like this.
  5. Robert Ketchum

Robert Ketchum Sayaka miki

Blog Posts:
    Ahh yes. Emergency alarm systems being used at times when they're not needed and not used when they should. That's something I don't get. Why would emergency alarm systes be ignored when there's an emergency?

6. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret VOTE FOR VERMIN SUPREME!

Blog Posts:
    One of many reasons I got rid of cable.

ocelotlrama likes this.
  7. Glass Joe

Glass Joe France's Glass Jaw

Blog Posts:
    Even though it has been a few months, I'm still horribly beat up over being ditched by my ex-partner. He blamed every single one of our relationship issues on me, even though he never even communicated that he was having problems in the first place. Then, one Wednesday night after I had vented about some negative feelings I'd been experiencing, he just breaks it off. There was no warning, nothing. He had been the first person I'd ever trusted with some very deep feelings and very traumatic experiences I have had, and I trusted him with everything that I was. He was the first person to repeatedly tell me that I was ok, that I wasn't bothering him, that I wasn't too much for him to handle. But it was all lies in the end and he abandoned me, like many others had done before him. I thought it would be different, but it wasn't. I was foolish and trusted too fast and too much. I don't understand why he did this to me.

He was a coward and he admitted that. He tried to run away by simply saying we were over and then by blocking me on all social media. My other friends and him sat in other places at school to purposely get away from me. They were my only close friends, and the first close friends I ever made. And then, once my ex was gone, my other friends followed with him because they said they couldn't take "friends that hated each other," and of course my ex was prioritized over me because they had been friends with him longer. My ex abandoned me, blamed me of all the problems after repeatedly lying to me, and he did it so coldly and so easily. As if our year of friendship meant nothing. It feels as if I have always loved too much and in the end, I'm always bound to get hurt because no one could possibly love me.

He was the first person I ever loved deeply and wholeheartedly. The first one I ever opened myself up to. He promised to never ditch me and I foolishly believed him. I have all the common-sense of a rock. And one day, he just ran away, and now I feel like I just wasn't good enough. I don't understand why this has happened.

A very venty post, but that's what the thread is for, yeah?

8. Juliko

Juliko The #1 Deerling Fan!

Blog Posts:
    I'm so sorry about what happened with your boyfriend and friends. *hugs* You don't deserve to be treated like that. They're not worth it. He shouldn't have abandoned you and then cut you off. That shows that he wasn't right for you.

Glass Joe likes this.
  9. dragon_nataku

dragon_nataku Vice-President in Charge of Volcanoes
    Chief Discord Administrator

Blog Posts:
    *pats Joe* That is indeed what this thread is for, so please feel free to vent all you need to.

Also, your ex and your friends are jerks and you're better off finding new, less douchey friends.

Glass Joe and Juliko like this.
  10. Glass Joe

Blog Posts:
    I really appreciate the kind words from y'all. Thank you. Since breaking up with him, I've been trying to socialize online more, and try to make some more friends. It's going well so far which is nice. Once again, I appreciate the kind words.

11. noworry

noworry upah
    Deputy Art Director

Blog Posts:
    I felt slightly nauseous this Monday and from there everything went downhill... I haven't been able to eat normally since Sunday. I feel sick when I try to eat or even drink water, and everything hurts. We went to the doctor yesterday and while I don't remember what they called it we did get some kind of medicine to help me get better. I just feel really tired and I wish it would end already. Got a letter from school telling me I might not get a grade in a certain class just because I've been absent too much. It's not my fault everything between sinusitis and seasonal flus keeps hitting me this year >_>

Silverwynde likes this.
  12. Silverwynde

Silverwynde Witwiccan

Blog Posts:
    So, my hubby hasn't done the taxes and I'm trying not to freak out. He gets irritated when I mention it and says that I'm "needling" him but the problem is this:

Several years ago, I didn't mention the taxes, as Prime said he didn't want me nagging him about it. So I didn't. Two days before the taxes were due, he called me, saying that I had to get a loan. Because we owed taxes.

The argument that followed nearly ripped the roof off of the house. This is not an exaggeration. It was bad. I think I cried about it for nearly two hours.

I don't want that to happen ever again. So I absolutely hate saying anything about the damn taxes, but I'm afraid that we'll have to pay in and I'll be drafted to get another loan. Only this time I'll be saying no and that he has to do it. Which will lead to another argument.

Being an adult sucks. :cry:

13. Glass Joe

Blog Posts:
    I'm really sorry to hear that you're having health problems, and that school is hassling you about it. I've had similar experiences to you, and it really, really sucks. Though your stomach may feel awful regardless, have you tried drinking smoothies? It may be better than eating solid food. When I had a stomach flare-up, I just drank a bunch of smoothies, and even though my stomach still felt awful it felt better than if I'd eaten solid foods.

I hope you start feeling better soon, and that the medicine helps you. I also hope the school stuff works out.

Ach taxes sound awful. And, I think you're owed SOME sort of communication about the taxes. Nonetheless, I hope stuff works out and that arguments are avoided. Tax time will pass, and I hope it passes alright for you.

CherubCookie and noworry like this.
  14. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 Underrated

Blog Posts:
    I’ve been feeling in a very foul mood recently.

This is mainly because I have lost an art competition for the third time in a row, and now my dad is making it weigh on me. “You can’t buy the bread with art!” (“to buy the bread” is an Italian saying for saying “to earn money”), or “See what the art school did for you?” in a very sarcastic way.

Urgh. I hate that. It makes me feel like a loser, and it’s a huge stab at my already low confidence and self-esteem. :c

15. MegaPod

MegaPod Spooky Scyphozoa

Blog Posts:
    I’m sorry to hear that, Cresselia. My own father drives me insane, like a lot. Just last night, he felt the need to criticize every little thing I do. I was doing housework late into the night, which he hardly helps with, yet still feels the need to lecture me and treat me like I’m stupid for not doing it his exact way. I already had a shit day on top of that, and I did not need that judgement. He throws my stuff around, threatens to smack me, and accuses me of having a poor attitude. :/ I guess sometimes you just have to remember that it’s not important to be perfect in everyone’s eyes.

16. dragon_nataku

dragon_nataku Vice-President in Charge of Volcanoes
    Chief Discord Administrator

Blog Posts:
    *hugs Cressy, hugs best Pod*

Cressy, no one can be the best at everything but I've seen your art and like if I didn't think it was good I just wouldn't bother commenting on it. When I say your stuff is great and/or cute, I really mean it. Keep at it, grrl~ don't let your dad get you down.

MegaPod: You're right. As my grandma used to say "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." For both of you I think you need to concentrate on making yourselves happy first instead of those who would put you down.

MegaPod likes this.