• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Villain Team

SammyW27

Reaction score
Because if there isn't one, color me disappoint!

The obvious scenario is a group of evil ninja (insert Naruto or TMNT reference here), or samurai. Or prehaps something based on demons like how they cause trouble in Japanese media in the time period using scary Pokemon? At the very least based on those pesky bandits that caused trouble during the time.

I know, I know, we may not even get one. But I sure hope we do! Because if you're gonna have Pokemon in a medieval adventure, you better have some good antagonists to make things interesting.

It's the 1800s, not medieval. Considering the supposed accuracy, the ninja will probably turn out to be something boring like farmers or something.

Anyway, I doubt there will be a villainous team this time around. Unless it's some poachers or a crazy fanatics who want to get to Arceus before you.

Would be an interesting twist if you're part of the villainous team without realising it - think the Disney film "Pocahontas" with the Professor or whoever the leader of the Expedition turning out to be the true villain.

Would certainly explain why the symbol on the MC's clothes look like Team Galactic. :unsure:

Giratina will definitely be a force in this game, and it would be nice if the antagonist is tied to it. Mostly because I loved the idea of the distortion world... what if the villain is revealed to be Cyrus from the Distortion World?

Giratina will definitely be a force in this game, and it would be nice if the antagonist is tied to it. Mostly because I loved the idea of the distortion world... what if the villain is revealed to be Cyrus from the Distortion World?
That would be interesting. Cyrus's Pokemon would have to bumped up in levels though.

Would be an interesting twist if you're part of the villainous team without realising it - think the Disney film "Pocahontas" with the Professor or whoever the leader of the Expedition turning out to be the true villain.

Would certainly explain why the symbol on the MC's clothes look like Team Galactic. :unsure:

On one hand I could see that as a possibility....

but on the other hand it's also possible that Team Galactic was an offshoot or corruption of what was once a more benevolent organization.

It wouldn't be the first time they've done that storyline actually, it kinda reminds me of what happened with Team Plasma and Neo Team Plasma in Black2/White2.

If it is it could be the same Cyrus from Platinum if he in some way shape or form used the Distortion World to time travel maybe to stop the player from becoming a trainer in the first place but ending up to far in the past and then deciding to destroy/kill you in an attempt to stop the future you from existing

After so many evil groups, I really hope that it's just one antagonist and not a whole evil team. They should try something new here instead of the same old same old.
Sword and shield technically had only one antagonist. Rose didn’t have a team, they were just company employees which served as roadblocks.

One theory I like is that the professor is the true antagonist of the game and he's searching for Arceus under the guise of creating the first Pokedex.

Anyway, I doubt there will be a villainous team this time around. Unless it's some poachers or a crazy fanatics who want to get to Arceus before you.

I think this is the most interesting way for them to take this, and also would allow Gamefreak to emphasize the world w/out focusing too much on creating a compelling storyline around an antagonist. If people want conflict, you can battle Pokemon and Rival trainers. Why not shift the typical Pokemon lens from Man v. Man to Man v. Nature?

Well...I think we have a better idea now with Galaxy Team and Cyllene, AKA Rule 63 Cyrus...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom